Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom (D) 29 43.94%
President Donald Trump (R) 37 56.06%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 12:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I would definitely vote for Gavin Newsom.
It appears you would vote for any Democrat against any Republican. As for me, I am not sure why all this talk about who would you vote for is even an issue right now. We are not even near the 2018 mid term elections. After they are over it will be time to talk 2020.

btw:if you don't know why so many are still living there is would be a waste of anyone's time to try and explain it to you.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:37 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Gavin Newsom was married to Fox News personality Kimberly Guilfoyle who is a conservative. It would be interesting to hear what she had to say about him.

Anyone who runs against Trump will lose unless they can get the Russians to help them. If the economy keeps roaring he will have nothing to worry about. Most of the Looney Leftists will be totally turned off by politics and mainstream media propaganda by then when they realize they've been jerked around by clickbait. They will be too busy drowning their troubles by shopping to spend their extra cash.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:53 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It appears you would vote for any Democrat against any Republican. As for me, I am not sure why all this talk about who would you vote for is even an issue right now. We are not even near the 2018 mid term elections. After they are over it will be time to talk 2020.

btw:if you don't know why so many are still living there is would be a waste of anyone's time to try and explain it to you.
Fair enough, I probably wouldn’t vote for a Republican because they usually don't share my values/opinions.

Also, I know exactly why people stay in California: Beautiful weather/scenery, good jobs/$$$, family, etc...

Old 12-18-2017, 01:12 PM

2,499 posts, read 3,405,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m curious, if California is so hated, why are so many people still moving here?
Because they are either homeless or illegal (or both), so they are looking for their free services and easy living.

Fourth generation Californian here who does not recognize what the once beautiful state of California has turned into at the hands of extreme liberals. And since California is a natural disaster zone (earthquake, drought, flood, and fire), why would a person seeking sanity stay in California?

Old 12-18-2017, 01:13 PM

BTW nmnita, I’ve been trying to stay open-minded to candidates of other parties, as long as I can agree with them on most social and fiscal issues.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Because they are either homeless or illegal (or both), so they are looking for their free services and easy living.

Fourth generation Californian here who does not recognize what the once beautiful state of California has turned into at the hands of extreme liberals. And since California is a natural disaster zone (earthquake, drought, flood, and fire), why would a person seeking sanity stay in California?
Well, I guess it’s a good thing you’re in Maine then...enjoy!

Old 12-18-2017, 01:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
Gavin Newsom has a bad reputation with San Francisco. He's a total flake who just disappears not telling anyone taking days off for no reason

Their newspaper has reported about it multiple times

His Dad is a Judge and owned a home in our neighborhood (In Alta, California)

I've seen Ed Asner there (he is from Mary Tyler Moore show) they are close friends

Gavin has a nice dad, not sure what happened but he's a real snake in the grass
Frankly, the above is all meaningless when it comes to running for president. Locals always know the negatives -- familiarity breeds contempt.

Certainly, Donald Trump was detested in NY and anyone who lived there could give laundry lists of horror stories about the guy. Nobody respected him or his family. He managed to find his cult following in the midwest and rural areas, and got elected by razor thin margins.

Also could give horror stories about Rubio from those who live in Miami and South Florida.

I am certainly willing to listen to Newsome and give him a chance, as he is always well spoken, articulate and seems very intelligent, as well progressive.

If people I strongly disagree with bash him, then I'll probably like him more.

That's the way things work now--tribal. Trump did not get elected because he was respected in his hometown, or because of his intelligence, experience, ability to run the country or integrity (or lack thereof). And you would never him described as nice--more like a snake in the grass.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Gavin Newsom was married to Fox News personality Kimberly Guilfoyle who is a conservative. It would be interesting to hear what she had to say about him.

Anyone who runs against Trump will lose unless they can get the Russians to help them. If the economy keeps roaring he will have nothing to worry about. Most of the Looney Leftists will be totally turned off by politics and mainstream media propaganda by then when they realize they've been jerked around by clickbait. They will be too busy drowning their troubles by shopping to spend their extra cash.
she seems to think he will win. She has never said much about him but she loves Trump.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:30 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Gavin Newsom was married to Fox News personality Kimberly Guilfoyle who is a conservative. It would be interesting to hear what she had to say about him. .
Does it even matter what she has to say? In a battle of character it's pretty difficult to lose to Trump.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:50 PM

436 posts, read 302,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Frankly, the above is all meaningless when it comes to running for president. Locals always know the negatives -- familiarity breeds contempt.

Certainly, Donald Trump was detested in NY and anyone who lived there could give laundry lists of horror stories about the guy. Nobody respected him or his family. He managed to find his cult following in the midwest and rural areas, and got elected by razor thin margins.

Also could give horror stories about Rubio from those who live in Miami and South Florida.

I am certainly willing to listen to Newsome and give him a chance, as he is always well spoken, articulate and seems very intelligent, as well progressive.

If people I strongly disagree with bash him, then I'll probably like him more.

That's the way things work now--tribal. Trump did not get elected because he was respected in his hometown, or because of his intelligence, experience, ability to run the country or integrity (or lack thereof). And you would never him described as nice--more like a snake in the grass.
Yes some truth there for sure.
Trump and Gavin share the same traits. Learning disabilities. Trump isn't able to form a paragraph so tweets instead and his wife Ivana was the one who made the only money he earned, pretty much. She's a smart cookie. I like the S.F newspaper, they employ very intelligent people who understand proper grammar.

We really need a president with a real college education that wasn't just given because Daddy donated lots of money. Preferably a poorer one would ensure this more than anything. Fingers crossed we'll have more than two choices when the time comes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections