Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see win the 2020 US presidential election?
Donald Trump (Republican) 115 48.73%
Mike Pence (Republican) 3 1.27%
Justin Amash (Republican) 2 0.85%
Steve Bannon (Republican) 3 1.27%
Bob Corker (Republican) 0 0%
Ted Cruz (Republican) 3 1.27%
Jack Fellure (Republican) 0 0%
Carly Fiorina (Republican) 0 0%
Jeff Flake (Republican) 0 0%
John Kasich (Republican) 4 1.69%
Mitt Romney (Republican) 2 0.85%
Marco Rubio (Republican) 1 0.42%
Ben Sasse (Republican) 0 0%
Tim Scott (Republican) 0 0%
Tammy Baldwin (Democrat) 0 0%
Xavier Becerra (Democrat) 1 0.42%
Michael Bennet (Democrat) 0 0%
Joe Biden (Democrat) 23 9.75%
Richard Blumenthal (Democrat) 1 0.42%
Cory Booker (Democrat) 1 0.42%
Jeff Boss (Democrat) 0 0%
Steve Bullock (Democrat) 0 0%
Cheri Bustos (Democrat) 0 0%
Julian Castro (Democrat) 2 0.85%
Lincoln Chafee (Democrat) 0 0%
Stephen Colbert (Democrat) 1 0.42%
Roy Cooper (Democrat) 0 0%
Rocky De La Fuente (Democrat) 0 0%
John Delaney (Democrat) 0 0%
Val Demings (Democrat) 0 0%
Tammy Duckworth (Democrat) 2 0.85%
John Bel Edwards (Democrat) 0 0%
Geoffrey Fieger (Democrat) 0 0%
Tulsi Gabbard (Democrat) 6 2.54%
Eric Garcetti (Democrat) 0 0%
Luis Gutiérrez (Democrat) 0 0%
Kamala Harris (Democrat) 2 0.85%
Maggie Hassan (Democrat) 0 0%
John Hickenlooper (Democrat) 3 1.27%
Eric Holder (Democrat) 1 0.42%
Jason Kander (Democrat) 2 0.85%
Caroline Kennedy (Democrat) 0 0%
John Kerry (Democrat) 2 0.85%
Amy Klobuchar (Democrat) 0 0%
Mitch Landrieu (Democrat) 0 0%
Joe Manchin (Democrat) 0 0%
Terry McAuliffe (Democrat) 0 0%
Jeff Merkley (Democrat) 0 0%
Jay Nixon (Democrat) 0 0%
Bo Obama (Democrat) 2 0.85%
Martin O'Malley (Democrat) 1 0.42%
Deval Patrick (Democrat) 0 0%
Tom Steyer (Democrat) 1 0.42%
Anthony Weiner (Democrat) 0 0%
Robby Wells (Democrat) 0 0%
Frederica Wilson (Democrat) 0 0%
Tom Wolf (Democrat) 0 0%
Bernie Sanders (as a Democrat) 12 5.08%
Zoltan Istvan (Libertarian) 1 0.42%
Steve Kerbel (Libertarian) 0 0%
Adam Kokesh (Libertarian) 1 0.42%
Donald Eugene Lowe (Libertarian) 0 0%
Mary Ruwart (Libertarian) 1 0.42%
Larry Sharpe (Libertarian) 2 0.85%
Vermin Supreme (Libertarian) 1 0.42%
William Weld (Libertarian) 6 2.54%
Jill Stein (Green) 0 0%
Bill Bayes (Constitution) 0 0%
Ken Bone 0 0%
#Buster4Pres 0 0%
Mark Cuban 3 1.27%
Harambe 1 0.42%
Bob Iger 0 0%
Lawrence Jackson 0 0%
Evan McMullin 1 0.42%
Alex Melvin 0 0%
Giant Meteor 3 1.27%
Brynneth Pawltro 0 0%
Dan Rattiner 0 0%
Kanye West 2 0.85%
Other (please post the name of who you want in a reply) 18 7.63%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

That is one long list you have OP and I didn't see Oprah on there. given her speech at the Golden Globes last night she might run.

I think Trump will be our man in 2020 unless the Dems can stop their identity far Left progressive politics and nominate someone that isn't crooked as all get out. Trump will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is one long list you have OP and I didn't see Oprah on there. given her speech at the Golden Globes last night she might run.

I think Trump will be our man in 2020 unless the Dems can stop their identity far Left progressive politics and nominate someone that isn't crooked as all get out. Trump will win.
I was a Democrat almost all of my life and I have yet to hear my old Party say: We will put your wishes first! As soon as they are elected they forget who elects them! We (America) does not have to pay to have our intelligence insulted. There is absolutely no reason I want to support MS13 or ISIS - terrorist are terrorist and gangs are gangs and illegal is illegal. We need politicians that build our Nation and let all of us, legally here, enjoy a better life - perhaps we need business men and women that have some idea how to work for their employees?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I was a Democrat almost all of my life and I have yet to hear my old Party say: We will put your wishes first! As soon as they are elected they forget who elects them! We (America) does not have to pay to have our intelligence insulted. There is absolutely no reason I want to support MS13 or ISIS - terrorist are terrorist and gangs are gangs and illegal is illegal. We need politicians that build our Nation and let all of us, legally here, enjoy a better life - perhaps we need business men and women that have some idea how to work for their employees?

I am registered independent and would consider voting for a Democrat if they believed in what I call American values and if I could believe that once the votes are tallied that they wouldn't forget about the people that voted for them.

Hillary was the poster model for what is wrong with the Democrat party today. They used to be for the working man but not anymore. She ran on the platform of possible amnesty for illegal aliens, increasing refugee immigrants from dangerous areas of the world that are essentially at war with us because America wasn't doing enough, blaming Police and casting them as aggressive racists for coming down hard on criminal minorities while giving a near pass on the actual criminals while blaming poverty for their bad activities and the big one, rewriting the second amendment.

She wanted to turn the criminals into victims of the system while pushing aside the good people that were hurt by them and disarming the good citizens that want to protect themselves with a firearm.

What could go wrong?
We are so lucky that she did not become President to carry on the destruction of our American values that Obama blamed for our problems.

The Dems have much to answer for and many changes to implement if they hope to win the WH.
A good start would be to actually work with and not actively against the current administration.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I am registered independent and would consider voting for a Democrat if they believed in what I call American values and if I could believe that once the votes are tallied that they wouldn't forget about the people that voted for them.

Hillary was the poster model for what is wrong with the Democrat party today. They used to be for the working man but not anymore. She ran on the platform of possible amnesty for illegal aliens, increasing refugee immigrants from dangerous areas of the world that are essentially at war with us because America wasn't doing enough, blaming Police and casting them as aggressive racists for coming down hard on criminal minorities while giving a near pass on the actual criminals while blaming poverty for their bad activities and the big one, rewriting the second amendment.

She wanted to turn the criminals into victims of the system while pushing aside the good people that were hurt by them and disarming the good citizens that want to protect themselves with a firearm.

What could go wrong?
We are so lucky that she did not become President to carry on the destruction of our American values that Obama blamed for our problems.

The Dems have much to answer for and many changes to implement if they hope to win the WH.
A good start would be to actually work with and not actively against the current administration.
All of us are waiting for one idea from the Democrats that benefits most Americans. This is totally ridiculous what they have done for the last year - blame Trump. They talked about how Trump and how his supporters were so stupid or deranged; but they have not put forward one good idea on how to make our lives better!

With automation knocking at our door; you do not open the door to illegal immigrants. That will depress wages for legal immigrants and American citizens. Actually; we have to pick and chose who we want in our Country - one third of all jobs are supposed to disappear in the next one or two decades. I have to wonder how many politicians would be willing to give up their jobs for an illegal immigrant?

When we make a trade deal; it is for our best interest - not to promote another country. We also should never give foreign aid to countries that do not support us or democracy. Most of the rest of the world only sees us as a competitor - they would not come to our aid if they did not feel there was nothing in it for them.

I would switch back to the Democratic Party if one of them could stand up and say: I'm on your side! Of course I probably would not believe them; especially after looking at their history!

Old 01-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
All of us are waiting for one idea from the Democrats that benefits most Americans. This is totally ridiculous what they have done for the last year - blame Trump. They talked about how Trump and how his supporters were so stupid or deranged; but they have not put forward one good idea on how to make our lives better!

With automation knocking at our door; you do not open the door to illegal immigrants. That will depress wages for legal immigrants and American citizens. Actually; we have to pick and chose who we want in our Country - one third of all jobs are supposed to disappear in the next one or two decades. I have to wonder how many politicians would be willing to give up their jobs for an illegal immigrant?

When we make a trade deal; it is for our best interest - not to promote another country. We also should never give foreign aid to countries that do not support us or democracy. Most of the rest of the world only sees us as a competitor - they would not come to our aid if they did not feel there was nothing in it for them.

I would switch back to the Democratic Party if one of them could stand up and say: I'm on your side! Of course I probably would not believe them; especially after looking at their history!

Great post fisheye.

I don't believe anything the Dems tell us and I certainly don't believe the mass media that have camped out with the Left. The media either under reported or flat out gave Hillary a pass on so many of her real time scandals during the election and choose to focus on digging up naughty things from Trumps past like the Billy Bush tape from 10 years ago and not to mention the ridiculous Russian collusion thing.

What did an anchor at CNN once say. There is no evidence of collusion but we are going to keep digging ?

I don't believe the Dems, the mass media, polls and much of what the Reps tell us as well.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:

I think a Republican could very well win in 2020 but I don't know if it will be Trump. I don't think he'll run again due to health reasons but will endorse someone, probably Pence.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I think a Republican could very well win in 2020 but I don't know if it will be Trump. I don't think he'll run again due to health reasons but will endorse someone, probably Pence.
If for some reason he does not run; I think that Ivanka could have a cake walk. Many want to see a female President. She is being groomed for the job and she is a strong woman's advocate. All of the Democrats are running around screaming: I hate Trump! It boils down to who has the most positive message and all of them are failing.

Nikki Halley is another possible candidate. She is getting press; which means name recognition. The 'I hate Trump' group comes and goes; but they are all linked together. There is not one individual that can distinguish themselves from the rest.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:30 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
If for some reason he does not run; I think that Ivanka could have a cake walk. Many want to see a female President. She is being groomed for the job and she is a strong woman's advocate. All of the Democrats are running around screaming: I hate Trump! It boils down to who has the most positive message and all of them are failing.

Nikki Halley is another possible candidate. She is getting press; which means name recognition. The 'I hate Trump' group comes and goes; but they are all linked together. There is not one individual that can distinguish themselves from the rest.
Don't do that. Don't engage in identity politics and don't engage in the concept of keeping the position in the family. For serious thinkers among the unwashed masses (and there are plenty out there) there is no room to focus on a woman because she's a woman, or anybody because they're related to the current or past president. The world is too complicated, the country is too complicated, the issues are too serious and the challenges are too daunting to engage in pie-in-the-sky candidates.

Let the Democrats dream about Oprah. But don't fall into the same trap they've fallen into. Keep your eyes on the prize. Always. And the prize isn't the party - it's the country.

BTW: I'm sitting here as I write this, watching the Trump speech in Nashville TN. The guy loves his job. He ain't going anywhere.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:22 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Shouldn't Senator Rand Paul and Governor Jerry Brown have been on the list?

Old 01-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Don't do that. Don't engage in identity politics and don't engage in the concept of keeping the position in the family. For serious thinkers among the unwashed masses (and there are plenty out there) there is no room to focus on a woman because she's a woman, or anybody because they're related to the current or past president. The world is too complicated, the country is too complicated, the issues are too serious and the challenges are too daunting to engage in pie-in-the-sky candidates.

Let the Democrats dream about Oprah. But don't fall into the same trap they've fallen into. Keep your eyes on the prize. Always. And the prize isn't the party - it's the country.

BTW: I'm sitting here as I write this, watching the Trump speech in Nashville TN. The guy loves his job. He ain't going anywhere.
That is a great thought; but it went right over the heads of all our current Democrats. The only people they want to help is their selves!

As far as why I mentioned Ivanka: What women are being groomed for the position? I have looked at articles like this one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.d5ae4f9eacf6 or this one: https://www.yahoo.com/news/g20-ivank...165645799.html or this one: https://www.npr.org/2017/11/30/56740...while-in-india and I feel that she doing what the Democrats should be doing: Positive attitude; fighting for women's rights, and exposed to the press.

You do have a point about dynasties; I never liked the idea of Hillary continuing the Clinton dynasty. But you could also say that most of the recent past Presidents had eight years; so one term of Donald and one term of Ivanka would not break that mold. Of course I doubt dad would step down to allow his daughter to run.

PS I would wager that Dwayne Johnson would fight a good race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections