Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 05:40 PM

3,920 posts, read 3,660,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Does anyone know what the DNC is planning to platform on as we get closer to the mid-terms? Of course they are going to use their Trump hate as one of the messages they have been trying in vain to push..but do they have anything else?

Are they still going to push open borders, socialized healthcare, pandering to North Korea? How about the evil Trump tax cuts?
I'm guessing "Trump Sux" will be the crux of their platform for the midterms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 06:15 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,306,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why can't the administration simply enforce the laws on the books? Start enforcing the employment laws and the problem starts to go away.

(And that means charging those who employ illegals)

I see no problem with E-Verify and going after employers. There are many proposals on the table. It is simply a matter of negotiation and compromise to get all signed into law. Then it will be up to our DOJ to see those laws are enforced. We could all sleep at night without having to waste so many hours asking our government to do what we pay them to do!

Old 06-23-2018, 06:37 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I see no problem with E-Verify and going after employers. There are many proposals on the table. It is simply a matter of negotiation and compromise to get all signed into law. Then it will be up to our DOJ to see those laws are enforced. We could all sleep at night without having to waste so many hours asking our government to do what we pay them to do!
Once again, the question is avoided.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:13 PM

52,810 posts, read 48,232,602 times
The Democrats have nothing to run on, ladies and gentlemen. Nothing. Zero. If all you get are mumblings from Nancy (Crumbs) Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, then it's plain to see that what's happening right now under President Trump is what's being supported for the midterms.

The Dems don't want you to have tax cuts. They don't want to protect our borders. They don't want you to work. They don't want you to have choice on health care. Sounds like they have............nothing!

Old 06-23-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Once again, the question is avoided.

I cannot foresee what actions our President will take if Congress does not compromise. He has only been in office for one and a half years. I do know that immigration is high on his list. I am sure that there will be change; especially if he does not get cooperation. Recent other Presidents have had eight years to solve the problems we currently face - without a lot of success. Give him some time!

Old 06-24-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
I cannot foresee what actions our President will take if Congress does not compromise. He has only been in office for one and a half years. I do know that immigration is high on his list. I am sure that there will be change; especially if he does not get cooperation. Recent other Presidents have had eight years to solve the problems we currently face - without a lot of success. Give him some time!
Right, he is going to continue to lie and blame his not cracking down on employers on Congress when it's entirely already in his court to do.

Just like his lies about how he couldn't stop the separating of families, he is lying here and you happily cover for him.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Right, he is going to continue to lie and blame his not cracking down on employers on Congress when it's entirely already in his court to do.

Just like his lies about how he couldn't stop the separating of families, he is lying here and you happily cover for him.

Congress has the power to permanently 'fix' all of these problems. President Trump's executive orders can be overturned by another President's executive orders - they are not a 'real' fix. Besides we have new problems with our border like the unaccompanied children that the coyotes are dropping off. If Congress does not act our problems will get worse. Are you excusing our legislators from doing their job? If they deliver new legislation to Trump's desk and he refuses to sign; then it is on his head. But that has not happened and looks like it might never happen (what are we paying them for).

Old 06-24-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Congress has the power to permanently 'fix' all of these problems. President Trump's executive orders can be overturned by another President's executive orders - they are not a 'real' fix. Besides we have new problems with our border like the unaccompanied children that the coyotes are dropping off. If Congress does not act our problems will get worse. Are you excusing our legislators from doing their job? If they deliver new legislation to Trump's desk and he refuses to sign; then it is on his head. But that has not happened and looks like it might never happen (what are we paying them for).
Trump doesnt need to sign anything to enforce our laws.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Trump doesnt need to sign anything to enforce our laws.

It is not always easy. In 2007 ICE raided a local company about 15 miles form our house. They detained 81 illegal immigrants: http://www.fosterglobal.com/news/Imm...RaidNets81.pdf. Iridium is a large National, if not international, corporation. I think they just recently lunched five communications satellites. However, when the raid occurred nobody in management at this small local facility, knew that about half their workforce was illegal. They had no idea since these illegals were brought in by a temp agency. When ICE went up to Wilkes-Barre to raid the temp agency; all signs of the agency disappeared. Of course it is very suspicious that nobody ever thought they might be employing illegal immigrants - that is hard to believe.

But this is almost a problem where we have to fix our temporary worker system before we tackle taking down the employers. E-Verify would help and another law that forces all employers, that use temporary workers, to also verify their legal status.

Personally I hate our temporary employment system. We allow employees to be used over and over again without benefits. I think we can do better and correct a broken system at the same time. These are legislation problems and not enforcement problems. Although better legislation would aid law enforcement and maybe we could finally lock up the employers.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
It is not always easy.
Being president is suppose.to be easy? That is an excuse? "I'm not going to do it because it's not easy"?

That does sound like Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections