Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times

Advertisements

When Obama gets the nomination, he should try his best to court Al Gore as a running mate. I know Al said he wasn't running for president, but he didn't say he would turn down a vice presidential spot. Right?

He would be able to present the country with the possibility of Clinton-era prosperity and a renewed worldwide acceptance and respect for our country without having to deal with all of Hillary's baggage and without facing the opposition of the huge portion of this country that can't stand Hillary for one reason or another.

He already won the popular vote once. I think an Obama-Gore ticket would be unstoppable and may even renew Americans' confidence in our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 09:32 PM

558 posts, read 385,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
When Obama gets the nomination, he should try his best to court Al Gore as a running mate. I know Al said he wasn't running for president, but he didn't say he would turn down a vice presidential spot. Right?

He would be able to show the country the possibility of Clinton-era prosperity and a renewed worldwide acceptance and respect of our country without all of Hillary's baggage and without facing the opposition of the huge portion of this country that can't stand Hillary for one reason or another.

He already won the popular vote once. I think an Obama-Gore ticket would be unstoppable and may even renew Americans' confidence in our country.
Wow...talk about a dream ticket and a slap in the face to the Clintons!
But Al has been there, done that. And, Gore is Loyal to the Clintons. He wouldn't do that to them.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:34 PM
pge

19 posts, read 11,373 times
as much as i despise hillary supporters i think she'll make a good vice president to obama

Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pge View Post
as much as i despise hillary supporters i think she'll make a good vice president to obama
Don't think Obama wants Bill anywhere near the white house.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
Wow...talk about a dream ticket and a slap in the face to the Clintons!
But Al has been there, done that. And, Gore is Loyal to the Clintons. He wouldn't do that to them.
This might be true. But if he really wanted to do what was best for this country, he would do this. I'm sure the Clinton's would forgive him. One day in the 2040s when they're sitting around playing canasta.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
This might be true. But if he really wanted to do what was best for this country, he would do this. I'm sure the Clinton's would forgive them. One day in the 2040s when they're sitting around playing canasta.
Yea....but Politics won't allow him even if he wanted to. Bill is the Big Daddy of the party right now. It won't happen.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Yea....but Politics won't allow him even if he wanted to. Bill is the Big Daddy of the party right now. It won't happen.
We'll see John. If you lived in Austin I'd bet you a beer on it!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
We'll see John. If you lived in Austin I'd bet you a beer on it!
OK...let's do..Currently in Houston.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
OK...let's do..Currently in Houston.
OK. If Gore becomes Obama's running mate you're taking the trek and buying all the rounds!

Sorry to get off subject, folks

Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 PM

LOL....I'm sure it won't happen. It's a safe bet. Now we can bet on something better.

McCain or Obama in November?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections