Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:01 PM

113 posts, read 276,756 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Barack Obama was influenced by this woman he calls his wife. It is hard for me imagine someone with his background going to a ghetto church where all this ignorant stuff is spewed. If Obama had married a White woman, do you think he would be better off? Is Michelle the person that is influencing him with all this ghetto-slave-oppression crap?! Why has not Obama married a white woman?

Old 03-23-2008, 03:03 PM

523 posts, read 1,279,804 times
I don't know about all that but I did just say elsewhere that it seems like Mrs Obama wears the pants in the family.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:37 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,256,631 times
Wives influencing husbands, you say?

What a novel concept.

Next you'll be claiming that mothers-in-law often clash with wives.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:01 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,137,158 times
Default May we deal with the issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorito View Post
I wonder if Barack Obama was influenced by this woman he calls his wife. It is hard for me imagine someone with his background going to a ghetto church where all this ignorant stuff is spewed.
That church is not in a ghetto area, as the term is used. It is a middle income neighborhood with some subsidized housing. And his pastor is certainly opinionated but not ignorant.

Quote:
If Obama had married a White woman, do you think he would be better off? Is Michelle the person that is influencing him with all this ghetto-slave-oppression crap?! Why has not Obama married a white woman?
Some statements merit no response. May we get to the issues now?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,265,524 times
Quote:
I wonder if Barack Obama was influenced by this woman he calls his wife. It is hard for me imagine someone with his background going to a ghetto church where all this ignorant stuff is spewed. If Obama had married a White woman, do you think he would be better off? Is Michelle the person that is influencing him with all this ghetto-slave-oppression crap?! Why has not Obama married a white woman?
the 2 women who influenced obama would be his mother and Michelle; his mother gave him a globalist view and michelle gave him an "american" view LOL

if Obama had married a white girl, he would be Tiger Woods, great at golf and not much of substance much else

Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,125,021 times
I think Michelle married Barack because she really wanted to marry a white man.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:26 PM

523 posts, read 1,279,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
if Obama had married a white girl, he would be Tiger Woods, great at golf and not much of substance much else

You mean marrying white women makes you great at golf?

I learn sumthin new everyday.

My original answer was "Hmpf!" but it said it was to short.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:40 PM

377 posts, read 683,308 times
If Obama becomes president everybody would want to be associated with him ethnically and perpetually. Some will say he is black by virtue of his father being an African, Others will say he must be white due to his mother and his intellect, others will say he is Asian since he grew up as a child in Indonesia, and others will say he is Muslim due to his middle name.

I don’t see why in 2008 an American cant just be called an American.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:18 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,305,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
I don't know about all that but I did just say elsewhere that it seems like Mrs Obama wears the pants in the family.
There is no doubt about that... she has been characterized as bossy and emasculating. I also read that she hates to lose. She seems like one tough lady... I would not want to tangle with her. I am sure that she keeps Obama on a tight leash.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:25 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,315,034 times
Quote:
As any man who is fortunate enough to be married to a black woman knows, black women almost always ADD and ELEVATE the quality of the marriage and the person if the man is true. Because she is black, meaning that she is incredibly strong, intelligent, versatile, and possessing great dignity and integrity herself, their union allows him to more easily be who he is and maintain his extremely high level of brilliance. He is a fortunate man to have a woman like that.

He is not married to a white woman, so who cares about that scenario? He obviously didn't run into one (or any other race of woman) who was nearly as suitable.

About the ghetto-slave stuff, there is no human in history as barbaric and supremely ignorant as the slavemaster and those who are indifferent to the devastation that such evil wrought on an entire race and the effect it has had on successive generations descendants of slaves. The mentality of the "ghetto" pales in comparison to such people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections