Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 07:19 PM

26,658 posts, read 28,727,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
In terms of policy or rhetoric?

Because as far as the former is concerned I believe this country needs extreme changes.
Policy. And I think most people would agree on policy. Trump is bringing out a lot of anger and not in a good way. There's anger on both sides but the right person could help to resolve that anger by compromising and bringing people together again.

It's obvious that we need national health insurance. Most Americans would agree. Everyone will need a doctor sooner or later. Instead of inciting more anger and blame, somebody needs to figure out a fair health care plan and implement it. Fair to everyone. And the people who think of national health care as "stealing" need to get a life because with the expensive advances in health care, very VERY few can afford it on their one. They would go bankrupt.

That's just one example. How about the gun laws? Instead of boycotts and fighting, some smart leader could negotiate a few laws that are fair to all. No one is going to take the second amendment away yet some on the fringes love to screech about that--both fringes, right and left. Stop the fake rhetoric. The yelling, ridiculing, hating. Make us the UNITED States of America again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 07:21 PM

5,793 posts, read 5,116,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I wish I had known more about him during this past election. He seems like a decent, intelligent man.
Compare to trump, any half way decent human being with a good heart and a steady demeanor is a huge improvement. A bigly improvement of confefe proportion.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:26 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,759,979 times
He's an open borders globalist, which is a non starter as far as I'm concerned. I can't speak for others though.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:26 PM

30,470 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
He has no chance. The two parties are too entrenched.
That's the way I see it. I like Rand & Kasich because they want to balance the budget but most people on both sides of the political spectrum apparently could care less.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:29 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,488,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That's the way I see it. I like Rand & Kasich because they want to balance the budget but most people on both sides of the political spectrum apparently could care less.
All I want funded is passenger rail, the space program, regenerative medicine, birth control, education, and the military to protect me from putin, jihadis, and the people's liberation army.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:00 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Trump is bringing out a lot of anger and not in a good way.
It isn't Trump bringing out the anger, liberals and their media lapdogs went completely, irrationally, nuts as soon as he got the nomination and went totally off the rails when Hillary lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Compare to trump, any half way decent human being with a good heart and a steady demeanor is a huge improvement. A bigly improvement of confefe proportion.
Case in point. It doesn't matter what Trump does they'll screech, complain and riot over it even when he does exactly what Obama did.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:23 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,445,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
All I want funded is passenger rail, the space program, regenerative medicine, birth control, education, and the military to protect me from putin, jihadis, and the people's liberation army.
Putin is not coming for you nor the PLA. They are competitors to the state but not a personal threat.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:34 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,488,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Putin is not coming for you nor the PLA. They are competitors to the state but not a personal threat.
not yet. Not until the satan missle hits florida

Old 03-31-2018, 08:35 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,091,244 times
Kasich might win if the RINO runs as a democrat.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:36 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,171,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
He's an open borders globalist, which is a non starter as far as I'm concerned. I can't speak for others though.
I agree; his voting record on immigration rivals Hillary's, Senator Kamala D. Harris or Governor Jerry Brown. He is a closet open border's Democrat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections