Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:40 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,419 times

Advertisements

Blackburn is the Nancy Pelosi of the {R} party. Just listening to her it is obvious that she is a idiot that has nothing but talking points. I understand why Bredsen would get {R} cross over votes anybody with half a brain would not vote for Blackburn.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:22 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I see it like this. If the average Tennessean loves Donald Trump, believes the real problem is the "liberal media" rather than Trump's bizarre behavior, and supports every right wing republican crackpot idea than they deserve Marsha Blackburn. I've heard this clown spout her drivel for years. She's not just a republican. She's spouts the GOP party line even when it makes absolutely no sense. She's a Trump sycophant.

On the other hand, if people in Tennessee believe the state could use a little bit of balance, doubt Trump's abilities based on his performance so far, and believe in a two-party system, they will probably vote for Bredesen.

The results of the senatorial election will say much about those who live in Tennessee.
Right wing Republican crackpot, Trump "sycophant, clown; all the usual left wing drivel. It never ends.

President Trump's performance so far has been phenomenal. Accomplished more of his agenda in the first year than any President in history, despite the obstacles placed in front of him by "The Resistance" and haters from his own party. Lowest unemployment in many years, broke 3% GDP for the first time in many years, fewest number of people on government assistance in many years, businesses coming back to the U.S. to open factories here, and though illegals entering the U.S. has increased again last month, it is still down considerably from what it was during the eight years of the Obama administration which tolerated, even encouraged, illegal border crossing, and refused to deport illegals (turning people away at the border is not "deportation").

Old 04-09-2018, 08:10 AM
JRR

8,163 posts, read 5,654,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Blackburn and Bredesen are both long term politicians. Bredesen was Governor when my oldest was born almost 15 years ago.

No she's not. She does not agree with everything that Trump is pushing for. https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...act/411087002/
On Blackburn's website for her senate race, she states that she will work tirelessly to help President Trump pass his agenda. To me, that would seem to indicate that she is pretty much throwing in her lot with Trump.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:56 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Right wing Republican crackpot, Trump "sycophant, clown; all the usual left wing drivel. It never ends.

President Trump's performance so far has been phenomenal. Accomplished more of his agenda in the first year than any President in history, despite the obstacles placed in front of him by "The Resistance" and haters from his own party. Lowest unemployment in many years, broke 3% GDP for the first time in many years, fewest number of people on government assistance in many years, businesses coming back to the U.S. to open factories here, and though illegals entering the U.S. has increased again last month, it is still down considerably from what it was during the eight years of the Obama administration which tolerated, even encouraged, illegal border crossing, and refused to deport illegals (turning people away at the border is not "deportation").
1. Unemployment was about 4.5% when Obama left office. Now its 4.1% a year later. I think Obama could even take credit for the .4% drop since he left office.

2. GDP isn't as great as you think. Last quarter's report was not good. Minimal overall gain in GDP this last year. Again, what happened in the preceding eight years is more important than what happened in the last year in determining GDP numbers

3. Fewer people are on government assistance because of economic improvement that can be traced back to the eight years Obama was president, rather than the one year Trump has been President.

4. Businesses are not coming back to the USA in any appreciable numbers, yet.

5. The number of illegals entering this country dropped way down during the Obama years and some even gave him the nickname "Deporter in Chief". Obama even sent national guard troops to the border. Does that sound familiar to you?

Trump is like the little kid who hollers "Father and I shot the bear". The preceding president did 95% of the hard work that is responsible for where the American economy is today.

The American people understand this and that is why Trump gets an average approval rating of just 40% according to the Politics 538. Of course, all the polls are "fake news", "made up" and don't apply to Trump. The problem is that its not Trump running for election in November. Its a lot of republicans with targets on their backs. Tennessee is a conservative state and Blackburn may yet pull this off. Around the country off year elections tell us that elsewhere is going to be a much different story.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:38 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
On Blackburn's website for her senate race, she states that she will work tirelessly to help President Trump pass his agenda. To me, that would seem to indicate that she is pretty much throwing in her lot with Trump.
She does not agree with the tariffs. She was also against the spending bill. If she was 100% pro Trump, she would have no issues with supporting those correct?

Old 04-09-2018, 02:06 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
She does not agree with the tariffs. She was also against the spending bill. If she was 100% pro Trump, she would have no issues with supporting those correct?
So, she's 99% for Trump?

Old 04-10-2018, 12:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
To be fair, and honest, even President Trump was not "for" the Omnibus bill. But he signed it (reluctantly, and vowing never to sign another one like it) because of the importance of what was in it for the military. the First Priority of government is the protection of our Republic. That means an effective, well funded military, with the tools they need, including ships, planes, etc., which had been left wanting for many years under the Obama admin.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:30 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
To be fair, and honest, even President Trump was not "for" the Omnibus bill. But he signed it (reluctantly, and vowing never to sign another one like it) because of the importance of what was in it for the military. the First Priority of government is the protection of our Republic. That means an effective, well funded military, with the tools they need, including ships, planes, etc., which had been left wanting for many years under the Obama admin.
Which, of course, is a lie. The military continued to be well-funded under Obama:

Trump could have done what he pretended he stood for and said no to that obscene spending bill, but he didn't, because in truth he could not possibly care less about any of it.

"Gee, whiz, I don't want to sign this terrible, awful bill, but you know, I got no choice..."

Of course he had a choice! And he made it.

You've been duped. But no one ever expects you to understand or admit it.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,161 times
Quote:
True. He wants to build up the military. Which I can understand. It's scary how much their gear and things they use costs. There's a reason we keep the area my husbands gear is in has a lock on it. I sure don't want to empty our savings to replace that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Which, of course, is a lie. The military continued to be well-funded under Obama:

Trump could have done what he pretended he stood for and said no to that obscene spending bill, but he didn't, because in truth he could not possibly care less about any of it.

"Gee, whiz, I don't want to sign this terrible, awful bill, but you know, I got no choice..."

Of course he had a choice! And he made it.

You've been duped. But no one ever expects you to understand or admit it.
Our congressmen/women would have overrode his veto. They've done it to Obama in the past couple of years on something I actually agreed with him for vetoing.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
He was the former governor, so it is not like he never had support from the people of TN. He is a Democrat, but not a California Democrat for sure.

He is actually very popular and well liked in TN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections