Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 06:15 AM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Bredesen has 45% of the vote. Evidently that is huge news to the Dem faithful.
Funny. When Trump was at 45% they said it was a sure sign of failure.
To win a Senate seat, you actually have to get more votes. There’s no Electoral College to save you.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:39 AM

4,119 posts, read 6,640,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Blackburn up by 4 in latest poll. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...esen-6308.html

I've always said that this is a race I expect Blackburn to win, though I don't expect her to blow out Bredesen, as he's shown that he's a Democrat who can win statewide in TN in the not so distant past. Whenever we're dealing with a conservative state and early polls show the left of center Democrat winning but a significant percentage of the electorate undecided, I've almost always seen those undecided (who are conservative voters by and large) come home at the end of the day. We still have a little while to go before election day here, but my money is still on Blackburn.

Note, I also expect the GOP to hold AZ, though I think they are in serious trouble in Nevada. All in all, I expect the GOP to come out of this election with 53-54 Senate seats (I see them picking off ND, MO, FL, and possibly MT, while likely losing NV).
That's about as bad as polls get.... It was an online poll... & was weighted by voting demographics.

Here's the methodogoly...

Gravis Marketing, a nonpartisan research firm, conducted a random survey of 620 likely voters across Tennessee. The poll was conducted from August 9ththrough the 11th and has a margin of error of ±3.9%.The totals may not round to 100% because of rounding. The survey was conducted using an online panel of cell phone users and interactive voice responses. The results are weighted by voting demographics.The poll was paid for by Gravis Marketing.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:16 AM

30,775 posts, read 18,542,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
That's about as bad as polls get.... It was an online poll... & was weighted by voting demographics.

Here's the methodogoly...

Gravis Marketing, a nonpartisan research firm, conducted a random survey of 620 likely voters across Tennessee. The poll was conducted from August 9ththrough the 11th and has a margin of error of ±3.9%.The totals may not round to 100% because of rounding. The survey was conducted using an online panel of cell phone users and interactive voice responses. The results are weighted by voting demographics.The poll was paid for by Gravis Marketing.
Do explain how the poll is "as bad as polls get." The methodology doesn't seem to be inherently troubling or unreliable.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM

4,119 posts, read 6,640,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Do explain how the poll is "as bad as polls get." The methodology doesn't seem to be inherently troubling or unreliable.
It was a online poll... Online polls have been found to be very unreliable.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:38 AM

30,775 posts, read 18,542,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
It was a online poll... Online polls have been found to be very unreliable.
It was an internet poll featuring a random sampling of cell phone users with voice interaction. Internet polls aren't inherently unreliable. Its all about overall methodology. I see nothing inherently wrong with the methodology here, especially since the sampling was of cell phone users, which is the best group to sample if you're doing phone polls as most people use cell phones today as opposed to landlines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections