Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
It's not about trump.
But to the OP it is. He happens to hate everything about Trump and blames Trump for anything that he thinks is going wrong> Now, I agree with you, this is not about Trump.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:18 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The thread title is a quote from a Virginia Republican regarding the possibility of disgraced Chairman and CEO of Massey Energy Company, ex-con Don Blankenship, becoming the GOP nominee in the West Virginia Senate race.

Blankenship has been out of prison for less than a year after serving time for willfully violating safety regulations at his company’s Upper Big Branch Mine, leading to an explosion that killed 29 employees — the worst mining accident in the U.S. in four decades. The safety violations at his mine led to Rolling Stone dubbing him "the dark lord of coal country."

His shocking rise in the polls has Republicans in West Virginia and D.C. worrying he could triumph next month and cost them another winnable race in the fall while embarrassing the state.

The GOP has vowed not to lift a finger to help him if he wins the nomination.

Polluted water for thee, clean water for me. Isn't that the Republican way?

The GOP sure does seem to attract "the best people," at least if you go by our president's definition of the term.
lmao The hypocrisy in your very own OP is laughable.

"The GOP has vowed not to lift a finger to help him if he wins the nomination."

and then that is followed by your twisted statement "The GOP sure does seem to attract "the best people," at least if you go by our president's definition of the term.' So they attract them in order to ignore them? It all makes sense in bizarro world. I think you're a plant by the right to discredit people on the left. It's working, no doubt about that.

Need I remind you that during the last presidential election your candidate was hillary. The most unethical, immoral candidate any side has run in the last 50 years. Trump beat her. Trump beat her. She might have been the only dem that couldn't beat trump. The reason being she's a low life scumbag who backs failed policies. Why listen to you? You can't clean your own room.

And it gets better with this statement, "Polluted water for thee, clean water for me. Isn't that the Republican way?" hahaha childish, absolutely childish.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:25 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
No, the GOP doesn't want him to be the nominee, but apparently the Republican voters in West Virginia are giving him a serious look. He is competitive in that race, which should be astounding, but this is the party that also gave us Roy Moore, (who won his primary in spite of how unethical and odious he was), and of course, also gave us Donald Trump, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised by this, either.

So there is no guarantee GOP won't end up with an embarrassing candidate, just like they did in Alabama. And if they do, they have only themselves to blame.
bolded for hypocrisy

lol You don't care about him and his actions. How could you when you backed someone far worse. You backed the most unethical and odious candidate a major party has ever run for president.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:32 AM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Polluted water for thee, clean water for me. Isn't that the Republican way?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint,_Michigan#Politics

Face, meet plant.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:13 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,245,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL......it always comes down to this. There is NO defending Justice or the (D)'s that elected him. I am not a Conservative so I do not have to answer for them.

I will vote for Jenkins in the primary to try and keep Blankenship out BUT I'll vote for Joe Manchin come November. (Being registered as an (I) means I can vote in either primary.
You may not be a conservatives but you are blaming only Democrats when both D and R voted for Justice. And you keep avoiding to explain your rationale other than "I said so".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This inability to blame the (D)'s for anything, even when it is rightly deserved is why Trump is president.

LOL. You must have missed the whole right-wing industry where they blamed earthquake on Obama.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You may not be a conservatives but you are blaming only Democrats when both D and R voted for Justice. And you keep avoiding to answer why.
He ran and was voted in as a (D). I should blame the GOP for that? I noted that BOTH candidates were corrupt and I do not expect anything more out of the GOP. I do the (D)'s.

Quote:
LOL. You must have missed the whole right-wing industry where they blamed earthquake on Obama.

Exhibit A.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
“Wasn’t he convicted of a crime?” Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn of Texas said in an interview Tuesday. “That sort of background doesn’t lend itself to public office, in my view. Being convicted of a crime is a real liability.”

Wasn't Gianforte welcomed with open arms into the GOP? Or do GOP Senators somehow have a higher standard?
29 miners died in a coal mine which Blankenship owned AND was aware of unsafe conditions.

It's really hard to beat that. I don't care if he is Republican or Democrat or anything inbetween - he shouldn't be running for office.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:57 PM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
29 miners died in a coal mine which Blankenship owned AND was aware of unsafe conditions.
It was Obama's fault. No, seriously. 100%. That's Blankenship's angle. That's what he's running ads on. It's BS, of course, but he sure knows his audience.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 04-19-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 04-19-2018, 06:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It was Obama's fault. No, seriously. 100%. That's Blankenship's angle. That's what he's running ads on. It's BS, of course, but he sure knows his audience.
Oh, I believe it. And if the people of WV vote him in - they deserve what they get.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:09 PM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh, I believe it. And if the people of WV vote him in - they deserve what they get.
Be careful with that. I'm informed that if you call out the "heartland" voters when they do something dumb, they get pouty and do something even dumber just to show that nobody is the boss of them! We risk getting him, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections