Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 12:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Instituting a 10% National sales tax and bumping all income tax brackets by 5% would pay for a single payer healthcare system without busting the budget
typical liberal attitude, "all we need to do is collect more taxes".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 12:10 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,633,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
I'm willing to pay that in taxes if I never get a huge medical bill that I have to pay out of pocket ever again

Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,738,036 times
A lot of Presidential vetoes.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:22 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,175,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
What seems really head shaking is the reaction of Trump followers to the federal deficit. I've got some relatives who hated Obama with a white hot passion and think Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

During Obama's time I heard a constant litany of complaining about the deficit and how it was ruining the country for the children and grandchildren. And I agreed that the deficit was a problem that needed to be addressed and in a hurry. Now that the tax changes and increased military spending are going to put the deficit on steroids, are my relatives expressing their grave concern? Nope, nothing but crickets. Guess the children and grandchildren were not so important after all.
If the lord jesus returned to Earth in a dramatic and unequivocal and undeniable way that NOBODY could doubt he was GOD himself - and revealed that he was really black - and not the whitewashed version many people have become accustomed to - christianity would probably loose at least 33% of it's current believers.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times
Quote:
Typical conservative attitude--let's massively cut revenue, and then spend and spend and spend. Who cares about future generations? Screw them! We won't be around to feel the pain we're creating for them.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:23 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
But doesn't that attitude just keep us in a stupid, vicious cycle? One group does something that the other doesn't like, so first chance they do it right back to the first group. Lather, rinse, repeat for infinity? Where does that get us as a country?
Its the way it apparently works in America. While i never agreed with the hate venom and vitriol leveled at Obama the same attitude is thrown at trump because he is an obvious buffoon/moron . and the next president will get the same greeting from the people,years of Limbaugh etal and FOX have created adversary's within your own culture,hate the liberals,hate minorities,hate the media,hate the FBI/CIA/NSA/DOJ,etc hate any one who doesnt agree with me.Well i dont agree with trump and all his bs so you can add me to the hate list.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:42 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The dems absolutely hate his attempt at making real change plus hate his personality; Wouldn't even you agree with this?
He is now threatening to shut down the country if he doesnt get his wall.
He was going to repeal and replace the ACA.
He was going to lock Hillary up.
He was going to bring back jobs particularly reopen coal mines.
Every weekend hes off on a golfing excursion in AF1
hes a sexual predator that has no qualms sleeping around
He lies incessantly
Call every one names
makes fun of women and the handicapped
Hes making no real change hes just inflating his ego at Americas expense.
And this is the guy you look up to as your president?
Nita all i see is a total con man fooling a large number of Americans.If you think this clown is good for America We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For the last 8 years the republican agenda was attack Obama, what goes around comes around.
That's fine. I didn't support the (R)'s and I won't support the (D)'s. If you think that is why we elect leaders, well.........

Old 05-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
But it shouldn't. However, it works and that's why Republicans did it for 8 years and Democrats will do it now.

It works because Americans are mostly simpletons (but not my esteemed CD posters) and people tend to have a "my team must win" mentality.
It didn't really work. All of the politicians that participated in that were rejected for president.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
In my case, I would most likely pay less for health care under a system like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections