Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump be primaried in 2020?
I support Trump and don't think he will be primaried 18 25.00%
I support Trump and think he will be primaried 12 16.67%
I do not support Trump and don't think he will be primaried 12 16.67%
I do not support Trump and think he will be primaried 25 34.72%
Other 5 6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 06:27 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,682,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and your comments remind many of us the same. I do not have any idea why you think his comments are so off base?
The poster that I responded to stated: "The constant witch hunt. They are digging and digging trying to find something. It gets tiresome and they are wasting time."

Mueller's team has secured 19 indictments and five guilty pleas. How is that a witch hunt? How is that wasting time? There is so much to go after that has already been made public. I'm sure it is only the tip of the iceberg. Every time Trump tweets or opens his mouth he looks stupid and/or provides ammo for the investigation. This is the reality. We have the worst president by far in the history of the United States.

The sad thing is a minority of people in this country still support him and bury their head at the nightmare that is the Donald Trump presidency. What the Founding Fathers thought they prevented with the Electoral College did not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM
JRR

8,168 posts, read 5,677,535 times
I kind of figure Trump being elected President is like a hurricane dropping a tree on my house, when I lived in Florida. I can either rant and rave against the hurricane for doing it (which accomplishes nothing) or I can get on with the business of getting the tree removed and the roof repaired.

Trump is President and there is nothing I can do about it. I just have to wait to see how 2020 unfolds. And if in the meantime, he either resigns or is removed, Pence would become President. Once again, nothing I can do about it. I'll just let the avid pro/anti Trump people spend all their time and energy spitting at each other.

Not that I won't comment from time to time.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:57 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,240,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I kind of figure Trump being elected President is like a hurricane dropping a tree on my house, when I lived in Florida. I can either rant and rave against the hurricane for doing it (which accomplishes nothing) or I can get on with the business of getting the tree removed and the roof repaired.

Trump is President and there is nothing I can do about it. I just have to wait to see how 2020 unfolds. And if in the meantime, he either resigns or is removed, Pence would become President. Once again, nothing I can do about it. I'll just let the avid pro/anti Trump people spend all their time and energy spitting at each other.

Not that I won't comment from time to time.
I strongly disagree. I am working for and financially supporting candidates in 2018 who will take reasonable and necessary actions as warranted depending on the results of the investigation. Right now, we know that the current GOP majority in Congress don't have any backbone and will occasionally pretend to find fault with the most egregious of Trump's excesses, and then scurry back do do his bidding. Putting in a Congress who doesn't feel beholden to him will at least allow for impeachment IF APPROPRIATE. Maybe it won't be appropriate, and then yes, sure, there won't be any chance that the President will change prior to 2020. But rather than pre-determine that to be the case, I prefer to have an independent Congress and not one enthralled to what appears to be an increasingly corrupt Trump Administration.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:31 PM

39 posts, read 57,736 times
I despise Trump and doubt there will be a serious primary challenge. People are cowards.

I do have some respect for Jeff Flake and maybe he has enough of a conscience, but other than that, probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections