Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 08:25 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Who is shocked?
I wouldnt be in the least surprised if Trump is re-elected.
For over a year all we heard was "impeach". Now the left says don't say impeach because it will encourage Trump supporters to show up at the polls. The new game plan is to say that Trump will win in a landslide but didn't we hear that Hillary would win in a landslide? As we know, they can't be trusted. The new game plan is to say this so Trump supporters won't fight and won't show up at the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 08:34 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
My brother in law is a bit mouthy and always spouts the latest NeverTrump nonsense. In that way he is useful for revealing the latest liberal attempts.

For two days he has been announcing that Trump just told his 3000th lie since assuming office, so nothing has really changed.
Evidently, the Progs can't think of anything to run on.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:36 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
For over a year all we heard was "impeach". Now the left says don't say impeach because it will encourage Trump supporters to show up at the polls. The new game plan is to say that Trump will win in a landslide but didn't we hear that Hillary would win in a landslide? As we know, they can't be trusted. The new game plan is to say this so Trump supporters won't fight and won't show up at the polls.
You're over-thinking this. Trying to guess and second guess and triple guess what is going through Democrats heads.

There is no game plan other than get out and vote. Simple as that.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
You're over-thinking this. Trying to guess and second guess and triple guess what is going through Democrats heads.

There is no game plan other than get out and vote. Simple as that.
It's so obvious. A game to manipulate the voters. Do you see Maxine's mouth flapping "impeach" anymore? If she is, it will soon end since it won't happen and it's election time.

Of course there is a game plan, get out the Dem vote and discourage Trump voters from showing up.They were told Hillary would win in a landslide. Now we're being told that Trump will win in a landslide. Do you think Trump supporters should trust and believe the polls or the media? Trump supporters need to show up at the poles.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
It's so obvious. A game to manipulate the voters. Do you see Maxine's mouth flapping "impeach" anymore? If she is, it will soon end since it won't happen and it's election time.

Of course there is a game plan, get out the vote and discourage Trump voters from showing up.
You think the left are saying 'don't impeach' as a game plan to stop Trump supporters going out to vote?
That makes no sense. How is one thing connected to the other?
How is not impeaching Trump discouraging Trump supporters from voting? It doesn't make any sense.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
You think the left are saying 'don't impeach' as a game plan to stop Trump supporters going out to vote?
That makes no sense. How is one thing connected to the other?
How is not impeaching Trump discouraging Trump supporters from voting? It doesn't make any sense.
No, I'm saying they're not being as vocal about it because it will encourage Trump voters to get out and vote. Use your brain, learn to read and comprehend Cruithne. If you can't understand this, it's no wonder you don't understand that you are being played like a fiddle.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:04 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
My brother in law is a bit mouthy and always spouts the latest NeverTrump nonsense. In that way he is useful for revealing the latest liberal attempts.

For two days he has been announcing that Trump just told his 3000th lie since assuming office, so nothing has really changed.
Evidently, the Progs can't think of anything to run on.
Tell your BIL to list these so called lies..all 3000 of them. You can bet he wont, and that the scumball liberals just made the number up

Old 05-07-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
No, I'm saying they're not being as vocal about it because it will encourage Trump voters to get out and vote. Use your brain, learn to read and comprehend Cruithne. If you can't understand this, it's no wonder you don't understand that you are being played like a fiddle.
If I don't understand your posts it's because they're illogical and not written clearly.

I'm only repeating back to you what you said.

You said the left are saying don't impeach because they want Trump supporters not to vote.

That makes no sense.

Not impeaching Trump may have some impact on encouraging more Democrats out to vote next time around, but if you think it is going to make Trump supporters stay at home... that's just not logical. It will bring the Trump supporters out as well knowing the competition might be stronger.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is true and something I said a long time ago but Trump is still going to get credit. It's what's happens when you make claims that N. Korea is our enemy and so on and so forth. You can't then go back and say "Well, that was all political bluster".

Bernie would have won......the (D)'s still have not figured out why and that is why someone as bad as Trump is may very well win again.
No telling.

If Bernie had won, it likely would have united Congress across party lines, against him.

I am increasing fond of the concept of an Independent "Dream Ticket", comprised of a Republican and a Democrat. Split the vote 3 ways and anything could happen.

I do not attribute or blame any POTUS for the good, bad and ugly outcomes of my own life.
Presidents have little control over the economy. If they had control, there would never be a recession.

Current unemployment numbers reflect a 90 month trend.

I do get a kick out of Trump's repeated campaign rhetoric that unemployment numbers were rigged and once elected, they became real, despite methodologies have not changed.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:25 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
As someone who was quite nervous about Trump as president, I am surprised and pleased at the good job he's doing especially with the 24/7 outrageous onslaughts of attacks he has to deal with from the MSM, the weak Rs, social media, the entertainment industry, academia, and social media. I am quite aware of his narcissistic personality and often disturbing behavior, but he is getting things done and exposing layers of media, political, deep state, and DOJ corruption that only a brash, narcissistic, N.Y. bully has the cahones to do

But I think it will be more than Trump's successes that will convince people, it will also be the
Stark awareness people are seeing that the dem party is full of anarchists and loonies with nothing that helps Americans-- their focus is on their party, on getting voters, not on America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections