Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 03:47 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Personal lives are not my business. In either case.

But is that really a good reason to stay in a bad marriage? Does a woman really need to support herself the way she is “used to”? Maybe if she couldnt support herself at all, I could almost see staying out of desperation, but that is not the case with Hillary.

I dont believe that theory, btw, just questioning the rational behind it. I believe that Hillary stayed with Bill because of power and political reasons, not money.

But again, I dont hold personal lives against people running for office. I only use it to point out hypocrisy.

The only reason I care about the issue is because Republicans have long put Hillary down for staying with a cheating husband, yet never mention Melania or even Barbara Bush staying with George.

How is that for pointing out hypocrisy?

Why has Melania stayed with Donald? Why did Barbara Bush stay with George?

Money? Lifestyle? Politics? Low self esteem? Please weigh in as you have with Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 05:24 PM

24,668 posts, read 9,487,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Democrats play from the victimization play book, they always think that if they play into grievences, it'll convince that demographic to vote for them enmass. Some women bought it...others were actually worried about real issues that effect them like the economy.
It makes you wonder how long Democrats can get away with playing the victim card until their constituents evolve to comprehend why they're still poor while Obama and other liberal politicians are millionaires sending their kids to Ivy Leagues.

For the sake of their own livelihood, let's hope sooner than latter.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:54 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,634,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All you had to do was listen to him, and/or read his book, "Dreams of My Father".
Check this out==the complete early history of Obama..its sad and pathetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og0Mq9Y1PM

its in 3 parts..but i will just post the 1st one

Old 05-13-2018, 07:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump cheated on his first wife with the second. And he probably cheated on her with the third. And then he was heard on tape boasting about grabbing women parts. Women should stop turning a blind eye to men like this. Women are not objects for men to abuse.
i think you are the one turning a blind eye here, you and the rest of the trump haters. the posts below, and other like them indicate to me that the people that support trump are not stupid or blind. we know what kind of man trump is, we know he has faults like everyone else, and we know he is a braggart especially when it comes to women and his behavior with them.

but that doesnt negate the things he has said he would do, and has done for the country. you have to understand that trump had the toughest road to travel to the white house that any president has ever faced. the media was against him almost completely, the democrats were against him for the most part, and even many republicans were against him. no less than 90% of the stories about trump in the media were negative, and yet the people saw through all that and put him in office.

there are far too many people that are seeing trump through hate filled glasses, so they cant see the truth here. my advice is to end the hate now, stop looking at trump through your hate, and open your eyes and your mind, you miht find things are really different with this president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Say them with me Natalie: Supreme Court. Second Amendment. Border Security. Economy. Law Enforcement. Military. Illegal immigration. Refugees.

The personal life and personal decisions of the president and his wife are not on that list. They have never been on that list. They will never be on that list.

Supreme Freakin' Court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Michelle Obama is partisan, so a saint could be elected, and if he wasn’t a rich democrat and black, she would have no use for him. Michelle especially hates Trump because he makes her ineffectual husband look so bad.

Trump is nobody’s idea of a perfect person. He is very flawed, but so is everyone in their own way....including MO and especially her empty suit of a husband.

I’m a Trump supporter. Not because I think he belongs on a pedestal, but because he brings a businessman’s problem solving skills to the job.

It’s like choosing between a surgeon who is very skilled, but rude, and one who is charming, but at the bottom of his class. I’ll take the rude guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
"Men like this" and "Women turning a blind eye" sounds a lot like Bill and Hillary, doesn't it?

I'm seeing record breaking months for the family business (DD had to hire three new people) and more money in my paycheck. I'm NOT seeing Muslim refugees in my neighborhood. I wish getting rid of the illegal aliens and Michelle's lunches was as easy, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Donald Trump is the "Etch A Sketch" President...he's turning Obama's legacy upside down, shaking it, and making it disappear.

MAGA.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:54 PM

18,480 posts, read 15,269,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The only reason I care about the issue is because Republicans have long put Hillary down for staying with a cheating husband, yet never mention Melania or even Barbara Bush staying with George.

Money? Lifestyle? Politics? Low self esteem? Please weigh in as you have with Hillary.
I would be glad to. I have no loyalty to Melania or Barbara Bush may she RIP. I simply do not know their personalities well enough to know their motivations. Like most First Ladies, they spent little time in the spotlight, and when you saw them, it was about some pet project.

Hillary put herself out there well above and beyond that of most First Ladies. We know her well enough to know that power is what she lives for.

If I had to guess, with Barbara Bush, it would be because she loved him. That is assuming he cheated. Was that proven? With Melania, my guess would be money.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:13 PM

1,018 posts, read 512,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Not all men make those kind of statements and I don`t know of any who mock the handicapped or spit on POWs. Yes, Clinton lied but the current president has over 3,000 of those to his credit. Everyone who voted for this orange slime ball should be shamed, not only women.

Locker room talk. Have you never said to a friend "Oh, I wanna grab that ass?" Or "Oh she is hot as ****." Every man has made a statement similar to that once in their life. But, don't rag on Trump for sexual assault when Bill was married and cheated on his wife while has was leading the country then lied about it. That is way worse than a single man who made a statement on a bus. Yeah, vote for the orange slime ball or vote for a woman who got 4 American soldiers in Benghazi killed, who deleted over 30,000 emails, who got a man who raped a 12 year old girl out of jail and was heard laughing about it, who wants to give illegals amnesty, who called half the country deplorables, who called blacks super predators, who took donated money and stiffed it so her and her husband can live large. Yeah, that orange slimeball is so terrible.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:15 PM

1,018 posts, read 512,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Any intelligent woman would question why other woman would vote for Trump, someone who obviously thinks very little of women...even those he knows personally.
Maybe because women are more concerned with border security, terrorism, and jobs rather than a candidate who has the same private part as them?

Old 05-13-2018, 10:47 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,380,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Reflecting how and the role women played is something intelligent people would discuss.
Doesn't really require much reflection to answer .... "such an incompetent corrupt, sexist pig became president " because the alternative was worse. Eight years of BO and his wife Michelle was sufficient.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:49 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,380,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

If Melania runs for public office you can bet it will be brought up.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,107,950 times
Michelle continues to go after women

Quote:
Michelle Obama: The 2016 election made me concerned for women
Former first lady Michelle Obama on Saturday again criticized the role of women in electing President Donald Trump, suggesting that his victory showed a lack of women's empowerment.

"In light of this last election, I'm concerned about us, as women, and what we think about ourselves and about each other," Obama said at the United State of Women summit in Los Angeles. "What is going on in our heads where we let that happen. So I do wonder what are young girls dreaming about, if we're still there?"
Obama continued, "When the most qualified person running was a woman and look what we did instead, I mean, that says something about where we are, if we as women are still suspicious of one another, if we still have this crazy, crazy bar that we don't have for men ... if we're not comfortable with the notion that a woman could be our president, compared to what?"
The quest to build a million Obamas
The quest to build a million Obamas
Obama said she believes girls are still being "taught to be perfect" and are held to a higher standard than men.
"I wish that girls could fail as bad as men do and be okay, because let me tell you, watching men fail up, it is frustrating to see a lot of men blow it and win," Obama said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/06/polit...ow1002AMVODtop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections