Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 11:02 AM

38,705 posts, read 26,513,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtohartfordct View Post
He won by a very small margin in three states. If democrats actually vote, no he won’t. Indiana is a red state.
If Democrats actually vote, they will still be far fewer in number than independents and only slightly more numerous than Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 12:20 PM
JRR

8,249 posts, read 5,774,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholefuds View Post
I can't help but think that he's going to win again

Trumpism is alive and well
So Trump goes before a select studio audience and they go wild for him. In other astounding news, the sun rose in the East today.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:56 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,934,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'd take Cholera before another 4 years of this fool.
Big Don is MAGA, he is making your life far better than ever before, and you make stupid statements like this. You must be a democrat, people on the right have far better sense that that...
Suck it up buttercup, your wet dream crooked hillary lost. Trump for 6 1/2 more years of America winning, and losers whining...
Now don't you feel foolish???

Old 05-13-2018, 01:17 PM

45,946 posts, read 27,582,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Do Trump supporters really believe that the opposition only dislikes him based on party alone rather than actual policy and behavior? How does that make sense?

What is the “deep state”? Can’t you guys just have a normal discussion that doesn’t revolve around the ridiculous? God America really has an education problem, and long term, the lack of ability to engage in critical thought is going to be the country’s downfall regardless of whether Trump wins again. It’s so disheartening.

Opposition dislike? You tell me. I have already listed the main arguments.

Deep state - people in government who put themselves and their position above the country, and they believe they are entitled to their position, and they control the enforcement of the laws.

Yes - we have an education problem. So Trump puts someone with different ideas to head education - since the status quo has gotten us where we are today - and liberal elites are having a cow. Can we give something different a chance to work? Throwing endless amounts of money at it has not worked. We understand some don't like the plans.

Lack of critical thought... Kanye West offers a differing opinion, and look what he got. College campuses are shutting down any opposing thoughts. Elite liberals don't want critical thought.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:26 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,724,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
As long as his opponents talk like this about their fellow Americans, he's going to win...thanks.
There's actually truth to that too. I don't think Clinton's "deplorables" comment helped her. I'm not saying it was her downfall either - but Trump did a great job of galvanizing his base with that "us versus them" fear mongering. He was clever.

One event in Indiana is going to sway my thinking on his 2020 prospects. I think the key thing is that he'll get to run on his actual accomplishments and failures. Trump was in a very strong position in 2016. Like all politicians, they run on promises, but he was different as there was little-to-no political history of whether he could actually pull any of them off.

This time around, if the election was today, he could tout unemployment. There isn't much an argument against that. Whether it was partially Obama's credit or Trump's - doesn't matter. Trump will take the credit and it would be petty for a Democrat to even point out "Hey Trump, weren't you the guy that said unemployment numbers don't matter?"

The optics of that would be terrible. Trump could say the numbers don't matter and it helped him win. Now he can say the numbers do matter, and it will help him win.

Trump is the king of having his cake and eating it too. And if Democrats can't find a battle plan against that play, they'll lose in 2020.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:53 AM

25,793 posts, read 17,560,925 times
Quote:

I had the same thought.
Then I learned 'Melania' is the 5th most popular name given to newborn girls in 2017.
https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/20...es_melani.html

All things considered, I think Trump is a lot more popular than we are led to believe. I didn't vote for him in 2016. But I will in 2020.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:12 AM

45,946 posts, read 27,582,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I had the same thought.
Then I learned 'Melania' is the 5th most popular name given to newborn girls in 2017.
https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/20...es_melani.html

All things considered, I think Trump is a lot more popular than we are led to believe. I didn't vote for him in 2016. But I will in 2020.
You are correct. I will have a thread or two pointing that out.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:00 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:

Unless something drastic happens between now and 2020 I have to agree with you but the age factor is still there and he may tire before the 2020 election season gets underway. We know he does what he wants and does he want another term? None of us know that at this time. We are talking about a year before the 2020 campaign season even gets underway.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:03 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As long as he continues to con his brain dead base theres a good chance he may get re-elected.Lock her up Lock her up
You do not like him, that has been apparent for many years but why the personal insults against all of us who do support him and what he has done? Because we happen to feel differently about him than you do, we are all now brain dead? Maybe the truth is reversed, and it is not us who are brain dead.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:49 AM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Big Don is MAGA, he is making your life far better than ever before, and you make stupid statements like this. You must be a democrat, people on the right have far better sense that that...
Suck it up buttercup, your wet dream crooked hillary lost. Trump for 6 1/2 more years of America winning, and losers whining...
Now don't you feel foolish???
Yes, I took time to read your screed.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 05-17-2018 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections