Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 10:06 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,092,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You want a sham election?

Only in America did 3 Million more people vote for Hillary over Trump yet he became the President !
The presidential election was never about the Popular vote but about the Unity of the States.

Electoral College has only like ~500 voters. I think the members sent to the National Electoral College are chosen by each States governors. Democrats don't play the "States" game very well. Even just waving the flag around would bring in a lot of the ignorant but patriotic voters (who are different from the well-informed and patriotic voters).

Old 05-29-2018, 08:14 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,718,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
The presidential election was never about the Popular vote but about the Unity of the States.
It is not dictated anywhere that the popular vote of a state should result in a winner-take-all of the electoral votes for that state. The states choose to do it that way for political reasons and that results in the will of people being ignored.

Imagine if we passed laws in the same way. What if instead of needing 50% + 1 to pass legislation, we simply asked what the representatives from Ohio and Florida wanted? Forget the other states - just ask the swing states what they want and pass the laws that way.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:07 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,116,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It’s easier to accept the premise that there is widespread cheating by the opposition than to accept that slowly but surely you are losing the political demographic race.
The only way to catch people trying to vote is to be alert for it. If we aren't looking for it to happen, we will never see it. Now, if we change the way we vet voters, many, if not all the people who may be voting but are not eligible, will stop voting. In that case you still won't catch them, but the voting patterns may change and that can be seen. Either way, if voters are never vetted properly, the chance exists that voter fraud can happen.

If conservatives were suspected of rampant voter fraud and liberals weren't, the sides would be switched in this disagreement, and liberals would be fighting for better vetting at the polls, and they know it. This is not to say that there isn't any voter fraud committed by conservatives. Why not eliminate the possibility for anyone to do it?

How much could the cost of a car be lowered by eliminating all the safety features, should you get into an accident? Most people never have an accident. Shouldn't we foot the bill to ensure the integrity of our government?

Old 06-01-2018, 06:13 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,116,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
It is not dictated anywhere that the popular vote of a state should result in a winner-take-all of the electoral votes for that state. The states choose to do it that way for political reasons and that results in the will of people being ignored.

Imagine if we passed laws in the same way. What if instead of needing 50% + 1 to pass legislation, we simply asked what the representatives from Ohio and Florida wanted? Forget the other states - just ask the swing states what they want and pass the laws that way.
You are conflating reporting of election results with the results themselves. The "other" states, through polling, are ignored by the press because polling indicates which presidential candidate is going to win their electoral votes. Their votes still count. If it were up to the press, Michigan, Pennsylvania etc votes would have automatically been awarded to Clinton.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:47 PM

24,145 posts, read 15,233,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree. we left NM 10 years ago and apparently it has only been the last couple of years that they finally got us off the voter lists.
In most states, including Texas, one cannot be removed from the roll until they notify the voter registrar of a move. One house in my subdivision in Houston had 4 families registered at the same address.

The voter registrar sends the cards out by mail. If the mail carrier delivers them, that person is on the roll. The county voter registrar depends on the USPS to return the card if that person is no longer is at that address.

Say I live in Harris county and am registered, and then move to Dallas county. When I register in Dallas, nobody tells Harris county I moved. If the card gets delivered to my old Harris county address, I am registered in 2 places.

I know one person who lived in California, worked in Dallas. He registered to vote using the office address. He voted in Texas and California. Republican. I called the county the i found out about it.

No wonder the Russians were able to hack the Texas voter roll.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:34 PM

20,895 posts, read 8,703,450 times
As a volunteer during the election, I met civic minded old timers who worked on many elections, volunteering at the polls, phone banks, going door to door, everything. All political parties. They agreed there was always voter fraud and that election officials weren't interested in doing anything about it. One witnessed the buying of a box of blank absentee ballots which is evidently common across the country. Local elections are the most corrupt.

I think the presidential election was probably the most honest by comparison because a lot of people were watching and reporting, i.e. voting machines that flipped Trump votes to Hillary were shown on youtube videos. NEVER USE A VOTING MACHINE!

Old 06-01-2018, 09:31 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,585,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
It happens and I am quite sure it has happened a lot, I hope that one day many more will be arrested so those who cannot believe it, will have to wake up.

Illegal alien arrested, charged with voter fraud

Illegal Voting Gets Texas Woman 8 Years in Prison, and Certain Deportation

Grandmother Deported for Voter Fraud Leaves U.S. in Tears
President Donald Trump has repeatedly, and falsely, claimed millions voted illegally. Yet examination after examination of voter fraud claims reveal fraud is very rare, voter impersonation is nearly non-existent, and much of the problems associated with alleged fraud relates to unintentional mistakes by voters or election administrators. Election officials and leaders of the president’s own party also agree fraud is not widespread

Credible research and investigation demonstrates fraud by voters at the polls is exceedingly rare.
https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

Old 06-01-2018, 09:32 PM

32,861 posts, read 19,571,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
More election fraud garbage with no proof. Pubs must really hate our democracy and our constitution as they are doing everything in their power to discredit and undermine it.
and the illiterate liberals still don't understand, we are not a democracy , we are a republic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections