Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 08:57 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,680,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Here you go with your excuses, just as expected. You'll defend all these Democratic puppets who swim in bribe cash from Wall Street, big pharma, the military industrial complex and the billionaire class. Then you'll claim that their donors dont affect them, they are giving money for fun not for influence, and you'll claim that you and the Wall Street democrats support everything that New Deal democrats do.
I have not made a single excuse. I have not "justified" a single vote. I have not "defended" a single person.

in my post, all I did was ask you to name one of these Democrats, or link me to one of the votes you are alluding to .

How is that an excuse.??????????

I dont get why you even respond to me if you are going to make post like the above that have no basis to reality in context to my own post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 08:59 PM

24,229 posts, read 15,297,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its the same all the time. They are funded by very powerful and harmful special interests, so naturally the Democratic party managers and you will support them. Means testing of everything to rile people up and weaken class solidarity, a cruel for-profit health care system, endless wars, pathetic labor rights, tax payer gifts to the big money donors, a horrendous public safety net, weakening of unions, playing games with the people when it comes to minimum wages and on and on it goes. You know this, you and the party managers support these right wingers all the time because these are the issues that the donor class fund.
Have you ever been to a DEmocratic party precinct convention? County or senatorial district convention, state party?

Old 06-09-2018, 09:00 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
In other words, you have nothing but bloviation. That's kind of what I expected, but always good to get the confirmation. You enjoy your word salad, the rest of us have better things to do to try to get this country back on track.
Doing what and what is on track?

Old 06-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
In other words, you have nothing but bloviation. That's kind of what I expected, but always good to get the confirmation. You enjoy your word salad, the rest of us have better things to do to try to get this country back on track.
I honestly dont get the point of people like him coming here and posting.

I asked a very simple question and instead of answering it, he goes off on a tangent.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:04 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,366,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Doing what and what is on track?
Recognizing reality, understanding what the actual policies of the Democratic Party (and Hillary Clinton although of course she's not actually running for anything now) are, volunteering for candidates who support those policies by canvassing and doing literature drops, donating money.

The thing is that I have zero idea what policies you actually support other than attacking the Democratic party and declaring them to be right wing, and acting as if a Clinton presidency would have been the same as the monstrosity we have now. Which makes you just as deluded as a Trump supporter who thinks he's doing a good job, if you can't distinguish between him and the Democrats. No, the Democratic party isn't perfect, but to claim it's the same as the GOP just means that I would give zero credence to anything you claim.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:04 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,010,821 times
Quote:
The country is by and large on the right track according to corporate Democrats. The status quo is intact; Wall Street and the ruling billionaire class is in firm control of the political and economic system. That's why corporate democrats will try to run on "anti-Trump" and "resist". This is how much they are resisting giving Trump more powers. Enormous new spending on military while the people suffer:

89% of Senate Democrats Help Pass The $696.5B Defense Bill

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikshe.../#17134b6e4802

Offering crumbs to the people is the best they can do when they are so beholden to the interests that destroy the middle class of America.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:14 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,010,821 times
Quote:
Recognizing reality, understanding what the actual policies of the Democratic Party (and Hillary Clinton although of course she's not actually running for anything now) are, volunteering for candidates who support those policies by canvassing and doing literature drops, donating money.

The thing is that I have zero idea what policies you actually support other than attacking the Democratic party and declaring them to be right wing, and acting as if a Clinton presidency would have been the same as the monstrosity we have now. Which makes you just as deluded as a Trump supporter who thinks he's doing a good job, if you can't distinguish between him and the Democrats. No, the Democratic party isn't perfect, but to claim it's the same as the GOP just means that I would give zero credence to anything you claim.
So what should we call Wall Street democrats if not right wing democrats? There is nothing "moderate" about Wall Street and big pharma, so the label "moderate" must go out of the window. Do you have suggestions?

Old 06-09-2018, 09:14 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
I fully understood Hillary's policies as did everyone and I wanted nothing to do with them.

Quote:
War. The same. Health Care. The same, just a different way to get there. Bail outs......Not holding bankers responsible for anything......

You didn't actually answer my question.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:15 PM

24,229 posts, read 15,297,372 times
Quote:

Old 06-09-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I fully understood Hillary's policies as did everyone and I wanted nothing to do with them.

War. The same. Health Care. The same, just a different way to get there. Bail outs......Not holding bankers responsible for anything......

You didn't actually answer my question.
One of the biggest problems with Obamacare is the reality that companies do in fact try to get around all policies and sometimes it hurts workers.

For example, the company I worked for in college used to schedule me at less than 26 hours a week and then call me in for the other 14, because the law said as a part timer, i could work as much as they wanted, i just could only be scheduled part time hours if they wanted to classify as such and give me no benefits.

With Obamacare, that changed, it was no longer scheduled hours that were counted, but actual hours worked.

The same is again true with bailouts. The idea of 2 big to fail is not about whether a large company failing can hurt the economy( it can, no one debates that), the argument has always been over whether we should care and should tax payers bare the burden of keeping those companies afloat.

Letting some companies fail could result in thousands or hundreds of thousands of people being jobless and further hurting the economy. All of that has to be taken into account.

To keep that from happening in the future, maybe we should cap the sizes of companies or force them to have a certain amount of cash on hand like banks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections