Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 09:56 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times

Advertisements

What they would have done is absolutely nothing. Unless she was convicted prior to the election itself, Clinton owned the DNC in 2016 for various reasons. She was untouchable.

What they should have done depends on when this happens in relation to the convention. If it is before the convention, they'd toss her delegates out and then have them stand behind someone else at the convention. It doesn't necessarily mean Bernie Sanders would have been the nominee. I think the rules allowed for pledged delegates becoming unpledged if the candidate resigns from the race. A dark horse candidate could have appeared, like a Joe Biden (as an example).

If it happened after the convention, I don't think Tim Kaine would be the defacto nominee. He was essentially anointed the VP nominee, not the Presidential nominee. I think at this point, party leaders would get together and install someone of their choosing. And they'd either let Kaine stay if they thought it helped their chances, allow the new nominee to select someone of their choice or force the new nominee to select a new VP.

The sad thing is that the "should" scenario would simply never happen. The same way Republican politicians act as a firewall for Trump, Democratic politicians would do the same for Clinton. She would be insulated since the party would feel the best of chance winning was Clinton and then fight the charges later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 03:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It would depend on whether the events came before or after the convention.

If a candidate was to die before the convention, the delegates would simply nominate the next runner-up. ................................................
Delegates are not obligated to do that. They likely would have nominated Tim Kaine in her place, and he would have chosen a new VP, that or Biden with Kaine as his VP.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:16 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It is not too late to indict her now.
Indict her for what? Crimes you dream about that you think she committed?

Old 06-23-2018, 04:14 PM

30,642 posts, read 18,249,084 times
While the wise choice would've been to choose Sanders under such circumstances, I doubt the DNC would've done so, which would'be doomed its fate by an even larger margin.

Of course, this assumes that Hillary was indicted before she officially had enough delegates to wrap up the nomination.

If she was indicted before then, Sanders would have been the nominee, which frightened me and is why I was happy that she ultimately wasn't indicted as I knew Sanders would be extremely hard to beat.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Lightbulb Here's a BETTER question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If Hillary had been indicted before the election, what would the DNC have done?

Now that the election is more than a year and a half behind us, why won't tRump and Sessions "lock her up!"?

What are those weaklings afraid of?

Well, besides little kids, anyway.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:18 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Would the Greeks have defeated the Persians at the Battle of Thermopylae if they had had a helicopter?

Old 06-28-2018, 10:53 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
They would simply get the 9th circuit court of appeals in California to declare HRC couldn't be indicted -- Then the media would jump on the bandwagon while Hollywood celebrities ranted and swore ... and Dems across the country would don their pink hats and take to the streets.
LOL.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:51 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The Bernie Babies never seemed that upset that their primary was rigged, which I always found odd.

Yeah, I found that odd, too. Either the media did not cover it or Bernie supporters walked away from the Democrats.

There was the whole mass media campaign against the Bernie Bros and women were just joining Bernie's bandwagon for the bros.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:42 PM

652 posts, read 340,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Now that the election is more than a year and a half behind us, why won't tRump and Sessions "lock her up!"?

What are those weaklings afraid of?

Well, besides little kids, anyway.

So pathetic. It must be he|| being so obsessed with President Trump that he is the last thing you think about at night, and the first thing you think about in the morning. He literally is in your brain 24/7. Wow. No wonder you guys are so mad. Trump not only kicks your butts on a daily basis, he is with you all the time, sharing your souls. What a trip!

Old 07-02-2018, 06:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking Off topic, annie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
So pathetic. It must be he|| being so obsessed with President Trump that he is the last thing you think about at night, and the first thing you think about in the morning. He literally is in your brain 24/7. Wow. No wonder you guys are so mad. Trump not only kicks your butts on a daily basis, he is with you all the time, sharing your souls. What a trip!
Trumplings...

Always trying to change the subject from tRump's failures to ME.

It's clear that my old post triggered you.

So amusing.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections