Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 05:37 AM

25,607 posts, read 17,334,751 times

Advertisements

Lots of hysteria over nothing. We're talking the state house, not the US. And no Republican is ever going to win that particular district.
So it's a non issue.

Contrast this with the "New Face of The Democratic Party", Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, in New York-14. She got 15,000 votes in an area with 700,000 residents and suddenly she is just the wisest, most promising politician on the planet.
She hasn't even won an election yet! She probably will. And the press will flock around her like they do Danica Patrick. Patrick won ONE race during her career. Japan, 2008. Ah, The Press. Ya gotta love what they do.

Driver Danica Patrick Career Statistics - Racing-Reference.info

And ya gotta remember; we're not talking about flipping a district somewhere. Dems are getting excited because there will be NO CHANGE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 05:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"North Carolina has a strong economy from what I’ve heard .
Housing seems relatively affordable too ."

NC came a little short of gaining another seat in the House of Representatives because so many are moving there.

MOST are coming form the NORTH. If the north is so great, why are so many leaving.

If it is as bad as has been claimed, WHY are they moving THERE?
I would venture to guess there are two reasons:

1) People are retiring there (nothing new)

2) Companies there can't find the people they need locally, so end up hiring people from out of state who are more educated and have the needed skills.

Also, for every person who moves to another state from the northeast, there are two who want to move here for the schools and job opportunities.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:51 AM

16,762 posts, read 8,229,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

2) Companies there can't find the people they need locally, so end up hiring people from out of state who are more educated and have the needed skills.

Also, for every person who moves to another state from the northeast, there are two who want to move here for the schools and job opportunities.
Yes retirement is great if you have maxed out the pension you earned while working in the NE.

I told my grand kids to look into NE schools when looking for college.

Jobs, have lower base and they seem to think that you are on call 24/7 in NC. Like they own you.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:52 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The GOP guy is an example of a growing number of members who have only the God line.

The GOP in NC has cut payroll taxes and spending so dramatically. Schools and infrastructure have not been repaired. Local taxes such as real estate and property are going up. This is after we here in NC have seen every other tax raised sometimes doubled.

The GOP controlled legislature has resorted to putting more and more constitutional questions on the ballot. They are trying to get their base out.

It's hard to get them out when earning's are not going up and prices are rising faster then most thought.
"The GOP in NC has cut payroll taxes and spending so dramatically. Schools and infrastructure have not been repaired.
"2018-2019 Budget Adjustments to the 2017-18 and 2018-19 Biennial Budget Compensation and Benefits
  • $11.8 million is allocated to fund salary increases for teachers. The average teacher raise is 6.5%. The teacher salary schedule (10-month schedule) starts at $3,500 per month and increases by $100 for each year of service until 15 years. Between years 15-24, teachers would earn $5,000 per month. This rate is frozen there until teachers reach 25 years of service. At 25+ years, the monthly salary would be $5,200 per month. This budget eliminates $5 million dollars of funding for veteran teacher bonuses.
  • $12 million is allocated for a principal pay increase and tied to test performance. The base salary schedule for principals is determined by the average daily membership (ADM) and whether or not their school failed to meet, met or exceeded growth."
"Infrastructure Increases Needs-Based School Capital fund by $42 million"

https://www.publicschoolsfirstnc.org...cation-budget/

"This is after we here in NC have seen every other tax raised sometimes doubled."

Funny, I live in NC and have NOT had ANY tax increases.

"Before the tax overhaul, North Carolina was ranked one of the worst states to do business, according to the Tax Foundation’s State Business Tax Climate index. Now it’s the third fastest growing economy in America and the third most popular state for migrating talent. In 2017, Forbes named it the best state in the nation to do business.
This turnaround is due in large part to tax cuts"

"North Carolina’s Democratic Governor Roy Cooper has been critical of the state’s tax cuts

NC Already Cut Corporate and Income Taxes. Here

Let me REPEAT, " is due in large part to tax cuts" "Roy Cooper has been critical of the state’s tax cuts"

So tell us WHAT taxes have gone UP for you.

"Transportation
  • Increases funding to the Strategic Transportation Infrastructure Program by $320 million by the end of FY 2019 (NCACC priority goal #4)
  • Provides $750,000 recurring to Rural Transportation Planning Organizations and Metropolitan Planning Organizations to fund a portion of the local match required for federal State Planning and Research Program funds
  • Provides $1.5 million in FY 2018 and $2 million in FY 2019 to incentivize regional consolidation of public transportation systems"
https://www.ncacc.org/650/Final-2018...et-Approved-by

I don't think we live in the same state!

Old 07-06-2018, 05:57 AM

16,762 posts, read 8,229,990 times
Quote:
"The GOP in NC has cut payroll taxes and spending so dramatically. Schools and infrastructure have not been repaired.
"2018-2019 Budget Adjustments to the 2017-18 and 2018-19 Biennial Budget Compensation and Benefits
  • $11.8 million is allocated to fund salary increases for teachers. The average teacher raise is 6.5%. The teacher salary schedule (10-month schedule) starts at $3,500 per month and increases by $100 for each year of service until 15 years. Between years 15-24, teachers would earn $5,000 per month. This rate is frozen there until teachers reach 25 years of service. At 25+ years, the monthly salary would be $5,200 per month. This budget eliminates $5 million dollars of funding for veteran teacher bonuses.
  • $12 million is allocated for a principal pay increase and tied to test performance. The base salary schedule for principals is determined by the average daily membership (ADM) and whether or not their school failed to meet, met or exceeded growth."
"Infrastructure Increases Needs-Based School Capital fund by $42 million"

https://www.publicschoolsfirstnc.org...cation-budget/

"This is after we here in NC have seen every other tax raised sometimes doubled."

Funny, I live in NC and have NOT had ANY tax increases.

"Before the tax overhaul, North Carolina was ranked one of the worst states to do business, according to the Tax Foundation’s State Business Tax Climate index. Now it’s the third fastest growing economy in America and the third most popular state for migrating talent. In 2017, Forbes named it the best state in the nation to do business.
This turnaround is due in large part to tax cuts"

"North Carolina’s Democratic Governor Roy Cooper has been critical of the state’s tax cuts

NC Already Cut Corporate and Income Taxes. Here

Let me REPEAT, " is due in large part to tax cuts" "Roy Cooper has been critical of the state’s tax cuts"

So tell us WHAT taxes have gone UP for you.

"Transportation
  • Increases funding to the Strategic Transportation Infrastructure Program by $320 million by the end of FY 2019 (NCACC priority goal #4)
  • Provides $750,000 recurring to Rural Transportation Planning Organizations and Metropolitan Planning Organizations to fund a portion of the local match required for federal State Planning and Research Program funds
  • Provides $1.5 million in FY 2018 and $2 million in FY 2019 to incentivize regional consolidation of public transportation systems"
https://www.ncacc.org/650/Final-2018...et-Approved-by

I don't tink we live in the same state!
When you cut to the bone and make an increase it looks real good.

I suggest you check the taxes on your land line or cell phone, your electric bill, your gas bill, your cable or internet bill. Look at all your monthly bills and you will see how high your taxes have gone up. Then check out the fees (GOP for Taxes) for things you use regularly. All since this great tax cut for the 1% and the Pope family here in NC

By the way any spending was voted on and passed with the 1 billion bond passed by the people of NC. Spending and pushing the cost down the road.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

" People are retiring there"

These people from the NORTH are supposed to be such liberals , according the poster, why in the world would any liberal want to move to such a terrible CONSERVATIVE place?

Why don't they STAY in the state they voted over and over for the lib politicians who have caused the cost of living to be so high?

THEY caused it and now can't AFFORD IT!

Sounds VERY hypocritical, to me.

" Companies there can't find the people they need locally," like you said, "I would venture to guess".

Old 07-06-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yes retirement is great if you have maxed out the pension you earned while working in the NE.

I told my grand kids to look into NE schools when looking for college.

Jobs, have lower base and they seem to think that you are on call 24/7 in NC. Like they own you.
"I told my grand kids to look into NE schools when looking for college."

The false accusation that the South does NOT have any GOOD colleges persists.

Hey, go ahead and pay DOUBLY and DON'T get better education if you can afford it!

Stanford, in Ca, is rated #1, 11 of the top 20 are NOT in the NE.

Some EVEN IN THE SOUTH , Oh my gosh, what is the world coming to?

Old 07-06-2018, 07:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Quote:
" People are retiring there"

These people from the NORTH are supposed to be such liberals , according the poster, why in the world would any liberal want to move to such a terrible CONSERVATIVE place?

Why don't they STAY in the state they voted over and over for the lib politicians who have caused the cost of living to be so high?

THEY caused it and now can't AFFORD IT!

Sounds VERY hypocritical, to me.

" Companies there can't find the people they need locally," like you said, "I would venture to guess".
I think NC is becoming more liberal! Plus, liberals in general are far more accepting of others than others are of liberals!

Many people retire to NC or other southern states, not because they can't afford to stay in their own state, but because of the milder weather.

Besides, this topic has been beaten to death already.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:32 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
And end with statements like this.

That is as equally racist and derogatory as what you are complaining about. Implying that everyone in North Carolina is inbreed and poor.

Also from what you posted the North Carolina Republican party is no longer going to support this person, so it seems that North Carolina Republican party agrees with you.

And implying that there is something wrong with not having teeth. It's embarrassing to admit, mostly because of jackass cracks about toothless people, but I am one of them. It's nothing to be ashamed of. At all. It pisses me off when people try to belittle me because of it. Or think somehow that they are superior simply because they have teeth, or they aren't poor. And all I have to say to that is "so the hell what?" There is nothing wrong with not having teeth (though eating certain foods is interesting to say the least. Or being poor, or chewing tobacco. I'd rather smoke it, some people chew it. Bigotry against poor white people with a twang is still bigotry. And it's wrong.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
" The Christian God that I grew up learning about was definitely pro-white"

No wonder you have the opinions ypu do.

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school, and yes we DID have black children in the schools, we were NOT taught that.

In FACT, we were taught there is only ONE God no matter what "religion" you practice, be it be Catholic, Baptist, Muslim, Jewish, etc.
Yeah, I know about the brainwashing of black folks in Christian Churches.

Still, it’s a white man’s religion. Doesn’t matter how many brainwashed black folks believe in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections