Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 01:22 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,606,055 times

Advertisements

If Hillary is still alive to run in 2020, I have a feeling her missing 33000 emails would magically reappear (no thanks to her, of course.) They would be found by the Pakistani Awan IT brothers (for a finders fee).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 01:33 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
In the end, it even worked with Sanders. Hillary paid off his debt and I believe he got a house or two out of it as well. This, the price for supporting her, instead of continuing to challenge her in the general election.

Remember he had to go against everything he said in order to grovel at her feet.

Sanders lost every bit of respect he had when he did that. If he had simply walked away, stuck with calling the process unfair as we later discovered, and called the Democrat party the sham that it is, he'd be in a much better position now to influence the next election.
The one thing in Sanders defense was that he was facing the ugly situation of fracturing the dem vote and handing Trump the win. Trump narrowly won anyway but Sanders didn't know that.

Talk about a tough choice.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:38 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I agree. But what will these guys do without Hillary?

There's going to be a lot of depressed right wingers when their favorite Democrat doesn't run.

It's obvious they are obsessed with her. They just can't quit her.
Just because you don't want her to run, doesn't mean she isn't.

Do you not want her to run again? If so why not?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:49 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The one thing in Sanders defense was that he was facing the ugly situation of fracturing the dem vote and handing Trump the win. Trump narrowly won anyway but Sanders didn't know that.

Talk about a tough choice.

And in the end, Sanders picked politics over principles. Went against everything that he said he stood for.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:05 PM

16,641 posts, read 8,649,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
No-one dislikes the Russian Agent more than me, but Hillary? I didn't like her in 2016, but there was no other choice. This time, 2020, we have time to run a proper candidate. Enough of Hillary; she is nearly as much a criminal as the current one, although I don't think she would have sold out America to our enemies.

You need to find some credible sources rather than regurgitating all the Mother Jones, Salon, etc., leftist tripe.

As to Hillary, she and the DNC had plenty of time, so don't imply that she was the only choice in 2016. She ran in 2008 and never stopped running, hence the reason she & Obama worked out her support for him in exchange for the SoS job, which she royally botched.

`

Old 07-17-2018, 03:40 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,672,329 times
Oh God no! I voted for her, but... If I had to listen about the emails 1 more day, I just couldn't...

Old 07-18-2018, 02:21 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehaven_guest View Post
Hillary Clinton would have been, and still would be, the single most qualified president in history. A Yale law grad; 8 years as the most active, most involved first lady (including directing the health care effort that eventually led us to ObamaCare); years as US Senator; finally as Secretary of State who logged almost 1 million miles of flying in meeting with leaders around the world.

Concerned Americans need to take a hard look at where we failed in getting her into office. In any election, it is not enough to just show up and vote. We should have been out there volunteering, doorbelling, informing friends, etc.
Nope.

It didn't lead to a stellar Presidency, but George H W Bush (aka 41, Bush 41, Bush the Elder) was the most qualified.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:25 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If Hillary is still alive to run in 2020, I have a feeling her missing 33000 emails would magically reappear (no thanks to her, of course.) They would be found by the Pakistani Awan IT brothers (for a finders fee).

Old 07-18-2018, 06:21 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,705,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Rising stars such as Harris and Booker are still relatively young and I doubt they want to run against an incumbent president.
Considering the precedent that failure in the general dooms you to never run for President again - I think some politicians would rather play it safe. Of course, that's a "precedent" and not a "rule." Nothing is preventing Hillary from running again.

That would be every Republican's wet dream.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehaven_guest View Post
Hillary Clinton would have been, and still would be, the single most qualified president in history. A Yale law grad; 8 years as the most active, most involved first lady (including directing the health care effort that eventually led us to ObamaCare); years as US Senator; finally as Secretary of State who logged almost 1 million miles of flying in meeting with leaders around the world.

Concerned Americans need to take a hard look at where we failed in getting her into office. In any election, it is not enough to just show up and vote. We should have been out there volunteering, doorbelling, informing friends, etc.
Having all the experience in the world does not mean she would have had the temperament, the stamina or the ideas to make her a good president. She was all those things you say, but was she good at any of them? Would she have had any ideas on her own, she never has had any? Well I take that back, it has been her idea to whine, whine, whine. Oh and for doorbelling, this shows you might be behind the times. This isn't the way to campaign anymore except maybe for local candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections