Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:29 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
She is a centist democrat who served in the Armed forces, I believe as a helicopter pilot. She is not for unlimited illegal immigration. She is a Caucasian but I believe her parents converted to Hinduism and she was raised as a Hindu. So no right wing Christianity. And her looks are pleasing to the eye.

Actually, she is currently a Major in the Hawaii National Guard, assigned to a Military Police unit. she enlisted in a Medical unit, served a tour overseas, then went to OCS and was commissioned a second lieutenant. She has a degree in Business Administration.
Her father is Catholic, her mother is Hindu. She embraced Hinduism at an early age. She is of mixed Samoan/Caucasian ancestry.
She was never a helicopter pilot.
All the above, and more, is available from Wikipedia or with a simple google search. "I believe..." should never be used when the information is so readily available!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 06:51 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
She is a centist democrat who served in the Armed forces, I believe as a helicopter pilot. She is not for unlimited illegal immigration. She is a Caucasian but I believe her parents converted to Hinduism and she was raised as a Hindu. So no right wing Christianity. And her looks are pleasing to the eye.
She's a political chameleon who has changed positions 180 degrees on many issues based on what is expedient in any given moment.

And she has an ego beyond even that of most politicians when she sought to be appointed to a Senate seat with zero experience beyond a couple of years on a city council.

And Hindu or not, many of her positions are right-wing

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...nk-she-is.html

And for all the people who complained that Obama wasn't experienced to be President, she is finishing up her third term in Congress. That's it. Anyone think a three-term Rep is really experienced enough to be President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Hmm. One hopes there are no right-wing Hindus.
Other than, oh, the current Prime Minister of India?

In any case, this is kind of a silly thread because the kind of person a Republican might vote for will never be the Democratic nominee, thank goodness.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:44 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
I no longer vote Republican, so I won't comment on who I would vote for (in regards to the OP). But, I would like to chime in that Democrats would probably help their chances with their constituents if they ditched Nancy Pelosi. I don't know all the mechanizations that go on in the DC Beltway, but she's a lightning rod for Republicans criticism. Democrats have the advantage going into the midterms in that they can tie "a vote for Candidate Smith (R) is a vote for Trump!" (Technically, that statement works both ways!) But, if there's a lot of anti-Trump sentiment, it'll help Democrats more than Republicans.

Republicans can tie a vote for a Democrat as a vote for Pelosi. And really... the party needs a Changing of the Guard. It is overdue.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Zero.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
If the Democrats hope to not repeat 1972, they'll find a nice moderate from the South.

The wildcard in all this is our idiot of a president. God only knows what he'll do next.
good luck finding a moderate Democrat from the south that has any real name recognition and btw, are you really a Republican or just pretending to be so you can throw in a Trump insult?

Old 07-26-2018, 11:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
She's a political chameleon who has changed positions 180 degrees on many issues based on what is expedient in any given moment.

And she has an ego beyond even that of most politicians when she sought to be appointed to a Senate seat with zero experience beyond a couple of years on a city council.

And Hindu or not, many of her positions are right-wing

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...nk-she-is.html

And for all the people who complained that Obama wasn't experienced to be President, she is finishing up her third term in Congress. That's it. Anyone think a three-term Rep is really experienced enough to be President?

Other than, oh, the current Prime Minister of India?

In any case, this is kind of a silly thread because the kind of person a Republican might vote for will never be the Democratic nominee, thank goodness.
Oh, when did you change political parties? The OP asked about Republicans.

Now to the OPs question: I guess if I had to choose one I would have to say Biden. NO, I have never thought of him as a leader, but the others on the list right I could never support and at least he is a nice guy. Proalby way to old, and nice guys do not always make good leaders, but if I had to choose one, it would have to be him. In all honesty I am not sure I would vote for a Democrat for president period. I never have but I have voted for a lot of Democrats in local and state elections, especially when still living in Californa

Old 07-26-2018, 11:39 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, when did you change political parties? The OP asked about Republicans.

Now to the OPs question: I guess if I had to choose one I would have to say Biden. NO, I have never thought of him as a leader, but the others on the list right I could never support and at least he is a nice guy. Proalby way to old, and nice guys do not always make good leaders, but if I had to choose one, it would have to be him. In all honesty I am not sure I would vote for a Democrat for president period. I never have but I have voted for a lot of Democrats in local and state elections, especially when still living in Californa
I didn't answer the question asked by the OP about who Republicans might vote for. I provided information about a different question that came up during the discussion.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
/\ /\ /\
What Jen said. I would not vote for any Democrat because of the Democrat leadership. I don't want those people around the White House or in positions of influence.
I see that as perfectly consistent with my habit of voting for Republicans only. I want the Republican leadership to be in a position of influence and I want the Republican Party to appoint judges. Whether I like Trump or not is immaterial - I like his party.
Suggesting I should vote for so-and-so because he is just a "really great person" is a waste of time with me. I can see who is slobbering and sniping in the background and I don't want them.
Hollywood, too! Why would I want the party of Jimmy Kimmel?
Long time Democrat here who walked away in 2012 and I certainly wouldn't vote for any of the Democrats today because of their ideology and leadership. The constant melt downs over everything isn't going to bring me back to the Democratic party either.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
For as long as I can remember people said they wanted someone who didn't just become a member of the old boys club and voted for Obama because he said he was different but he wasn't. Now we have a president that isn't and people are acting like a bunch of idiots because he's not towing the old boys club line.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:16 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I’m hearing Biden, Harris, Warren, Booker, Clinton, and a few others being suggested as the Dem presidential candidate for 2020. Which of these — or any other potential Dem nominee — would you consider voting for against Trump 2020?

As someone from the center/right, who could not vote for either major party candidate last time, I would listen to what they have to say. How about you?
There is nobody.

The Democrats have nothing and nobody. There is no oxygen left in the room for anyone up-and-coming who may have a brain and a reasonable idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections