Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 04:39 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The Democrats are making the mistake of counting on hair-on-fire, outrage over everything and constant Trump-bashing to carry the party to victory. Wow, just wow, that's all they can offer the American people?

It is easier to bash than to say what you actually stand for! That is why the Democrats are not going anyplace. They forget who votes for them the second they take office.

I have not seen one name that would make me homesick. They believe they can repackage the same old message over and over again. They have to do better than that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 04:41 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
I'd consider voting for ann Richards, but unfortunately she's dead.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:18 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Democrats are not going anyplace. They forget who votes for them the second they take office.
Like Rick Scott the Republican Governor of Florida who campaigned on enacting E-Verify to stop illegals from taking Americans' jobs. Later, when asked why he didn't enact E-Verify statewide, he said ....

https://www.politifact.com/florida/p...e-verify-syst/

Rick Scott - Florida Governor (Republican) , when asked why he broke his campaign promise of enacting E-Verify statewide.

I don't want to put Florida businesses at a competitive disadvantage

Translation: He wants Florida businesses to continue to hire cheap illegals, and decided to break his campaign promise to enact E-Verify, because he supports businesses over voters.He used the voters to get into office and then jumped ship to support businesses. This is typical GOP.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:55 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Like Rick Scott the Republican Governor of Florida who campaigned on enacting E-Verify to stop illegals from taking Americans' jobs. Later, when asked why he didn't enact E-Verify statewide, he said ....

https://www.politifact.com/florida/p...e-verify-syst/

Rick Scott - Florida Governor (Republican) , when asked why he broke his campaign promise of enacting E-Verify statewide.

I don't want to put Florida businesses at a competitive disadvantage

Translation: He wants Florida businesses to continue to hire cheap illegals, and decided to break his campaign promise to enact E-Verify, because he supports businesses over voters.He used the voters to get into office and then jumped ship to support businesses. This is typical GOP.

I have never said that I support all Republicans. And, yes, if they make a campaign pledge and they demonstrate no willingness to see it become law or policy; I would not be quick to again support them. But I would also inspect the voting records of his opposition; you could jump out the frying pan and into the fire.

Before I vote I try to check out the past voting history of all of the candidates. Of course, with Trump, we did not have his past voting record on key issues. But we did have his campaign pledges. I could be wrong, since it has been some time since I looked at Rick Scott's voting records; but I think that you got what I expected. I believe that he did not have a great history going into the election. I did not look that up; it is just off the top of my head.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:01 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I feel the same way about Barbara Jordan.

Interesting coincidence that both were Texans.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:29 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I’m hearing Biden, Harris, Warren, Booker, Clinton, and a few others being suggested as the Dem presidential candidate for 2020. Which of these — or any other potential Dem nominee — would you consider voting for against Trump 2020?

As someone from the center/right, who could not vote for either major party candidate last time, I would listen to what they have to say. How about you?
I have already heard what most of them have said .... and it's mostly been if you want 4 more years of BO vote for me. Vote for me to get more free stuff I have no idea how to pay for. Well actually I do but I don't want to say it. In order to consider voting for one, I'd have to hear something different.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Lived in Texas when she was governor, I am sorry she is dead, but I would never vote for her for anything. She only won because her stupid opponent made a totally uncalled for comment just a few weeks before the election and he was gone, never to return.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:57 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:

Probably the last good Democrat. It's been all downhill with the rest to follow.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,836 times
Quote:
but, as a dead person, she still votes for the Democrat....

Old 07-30-2018, 09:15 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If he's an "idiot," I'd like to know what Obama was. There's nothing that hasn't improved since he took over from that disastrous eight miserable years. The economy is booming again (better than 4% GDP ...Obama never attained even 3%) and unemployment is at its lowest in many decades. Black unemployment is at the lowest in history. Jobs are being created at a record pace. His foreign policy is working too.

This is a man who understands business, and when you understand business, you understand what's needed to stimulate it. We aren't going to be wondering how many companies are going to be leaving the U.S. We're going to be watching how many new businesses are coming in, and how many are started.

I hope he keeps doing what he's doing.
Obama had over 4% gdp in 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections