Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 07:29 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Stormy's lawyer.

Hell, run Stormy! The debates would be entertaining!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 07:35 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The face can change, but the message of Marxism stays the same.
Nice redefinition of Marxism. Then again the left has redefined fascist so carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Let’s see, mixed race, born on an island in the Pacific, showed interest in non Christian religion......

RWNJs will go ape $hit.

I like her.
LOL. If Christians can love a serial adulterer, they can love a Hindu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Wouldnt be worse than Hillary or Donald.

Damn that is a scary thought.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:38 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Watch them run Warren.

The drumbeat about how she lied about being a minority will be deafening. NO DNA TEST IS NEEDED. Her ancestry has been traced and there are no Indians.
Anyone else notice the hypocrisy of the bar we hold other politicians to, yet not the current President? If we did assume that Warren lied about her ancestry, is that somehow worse than what Trump has done? Considering that now Trump is a politician, should we begin to hold him to these standards?

What a double-standard we have.

Wait! Can't she just come out and say "Listen, when I checked that box that said "Are you a Native American?" I thought it said "Are you not a Native American." And I checked it. Whoops!

Done. Fixed. Move on. If people want to hold politicians to their words and actions, please do it to all politicians.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:45 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How is helping those on the bottom rungs as opposed to Wall Street constantly a loony idea?
Because Wall Street is the economy and helping the economy helps everyone including the poor. Constantly giving freebies to the poor will not help them in the long term. This is something the Left will never get.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:47 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
I want a female President in my life time. I want to vote for a democrat. Not a Maxine Waters type. I good middle of the road, willing to reach across the aisle and compromise. Someone who is willing to represent the base and not just the extremists or special interests.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:50 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Because Wall Street is the economy and helping the economy helps everyone including the poor. Constantly giving freebies to the poor will not help them in the long term. This is something the Left will never get.
Wall Street is part of the economy, but it is not the whole thing, by a long shot. What an absurd thing to say.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:11 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's probably fair and the idea should be amended. They need a fresh face that doesn't do the same tired old failed things.
All they need do is grab someone wearing a suit in the nearest used car lot. You know, a Kurt Russell type. It would end up like 2008 all over again.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:13 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I want a female President in my life time. I want to vote for a democrat. Not a Maxine Waters type. I good middle of the road, willing to reach across the aisle and compromise. Someone who is willing to represent the base and not just the extremists or special interests.
Is this even possible in today’s Democrat party? I doubt it.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,978 times
And given further thought about this whole Warren/Pocahontas thing... I thought you people disparaged "fake news."

So there's no direct evidence that I can find that says she "checked a box" anyway. Supposedly when she applied to Rutgers as a student she did not claim she was a minority. People involved in the hiring process of Warren said that her heritage didn't come up. However, she was mentioned as a minority on various reports after she was hired. That seems more like a boon for the university than for her.

But anyway - so let me get this straight. People want to hold Warren to the fire about her alleged heritage because they claim she had something to gain by leveraging it if it was false. Yet, they do not want to hold Trump to the fire for "allegedly" having bone spurs. He had much to gain by avoiding the draft. His father was a multi-millionaire. He was essentially a fortunate son with everything to lose by going to war.

A made up heritage/medical condition possibly resulted in someone taking advantage of the system. Now, what if Warren/Trump were simply told they had Native heritage/bone spurs from their parents? Would that make a difference?

Trump has a lot more of these skeletons in the closet than Warren (or probably other possible 2020 contenders). Yet, he can open up these line of attacks because for whatever reason, his own supporters don't really care about Trump's own problems.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:24 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I volunteer for the security detail.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stormy...th-her-breasts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections