Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 09:21 AM

1,018 posts, read 514,936 times

Advertisements

Doesn't surprise me. Who knows how many illegals voted in California in 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 09:40 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,389,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I find it fascinating (if disheartening) that both Rs and Ds have pretty much given up on establishing a moderate national platform that would appeal to independent voters, and instead seek ever more sophisticated ways to rig the political process — Ds through enfranchising groups of unqualified voters, Rs through voter suppression and extreme gerrymandering.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:46 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,265,298 times
Non citizen includes ILLEGAL ALIEN, as well as green card holders and possibly even long term visitors, do we really want many who likely do not pay taxes deciding anything as to how our taxes are spent, for those of us who do pay taxes, it is bad enough we have lots of citizens who do not pay taxes deciding how our country gives away our hard earned tax money.

As for the news source, only a person with their head in the sand would not take the time to look it up before insulting the person who posted it, I watched it on a few news sites yesterday including Fox so it is for real.
NY Post San Francisco allows non-citizens to vote in school elections

NBC San Francisco allows undocumented immigrants to vote in school elections

CNN Noncitizens in San Francisco can register to vote, but only for school board elections

FOX NEWS

My comment, the left has gone totally insane and I pray most of you who still have common sense can see how insane the left has become.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 AM

52,748 posts, read 48,122,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
That's where all those useless late votes came in after Hillary conceded the election. That should answer everybody's question about the popular vote. Some of that count was illegitimate because of illegal aliens. It's as sure as the pee in San Francrapsco.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:02 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,050,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Very poorly worded title and you should have read the details. This is for school board elections only.

Non citizen doesn't equal undocumented immigrants. We also have permanent residents (aka green card holders) which are also non citizens. These non citizens pay all the same taxes that citizens pay so it makes sense to give them the right to vote.

The article also says this will expire in 2022 unless the ordinance is renewed.

This snippet at the end is going to prevent nearly all undocumented immigrants from voting, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

"The ordinance also requires a notice on non-citizen voter materials that any information provided to the Dept may be obtained from the Federal Govt."

No one's going to risk getting deported to cast a vote.
Grandmother Deported for Voter Fraud Leaves U.S. in Tears
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-tears-n789766

Legal immigrants have been registered to vote while at the DMV and have actually voted. I am sure some did it knowing they were not suppose to. But in the story above, can you blame her? GMV, a government employee tells her to register. Then the next agency, I think Secretary of State, allows it. So why not vote?

Old 07-23-2018, 12:47 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,133,426 times
ITT, Trump supporters outraged over a school board election’s integrity while screaming that the entire IC and Senate concluding that Russia hacked the Democrats and were involved in a massive propaganda campaign to influence the presidential election is total fake news. I’m not sure if this is more about racism or the cult of personality around Trump. Both, probably.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:16 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,323,175 times
You’d think that the Trump base would tire of misleading headlines designed more to anger them and motivate them to vote than to inform them. Instead, when they’re not listening to propaganda on right wing “news” sites, they’re spreading cr*p like this on message boards.

I guess they like living in a perpetual state of anger.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,079,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Grandmother Deported for Voter Fraud Leaves U.S. in Tears
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-tears-n789766

Legal immigrants have been registered to vote while at the DMV and have actually voted. I am sure some did it knowing they were not suppose to. But in the story above, can you blame her? GMV, a government employee tells her to register. Then the next agency, I think Secretary of State, allows it. So why not vote?
the story if true and over the top: it is the person who registered that should get her/his hands slapped. He gets paid for every registration he gets. What a bunch of crap. Still this little old lady or maybe not that old probably knew what she was doing. I still have my doubts if the story is 100% true, especially seeing where it came from.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,079,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
ITT, Trump supporters outraged over a school board election’s integrity while screaming that the entire IC and Senate concluding that Russia hacked the Democrats and were involved in a massive propaganda campaign to influence the presidential election is total fake news. I’m not sure if this is more about racism or the cult of personality around Trump. Both, probably.
no,not over 1 school board election, but over the entire process. I think many of us, who do support Trump are much different in personality than those who have some brains and are against Trump. It works on both sides, neither Trump supporters or HIllary supporters, overall are lacking in character or brains. People who make blank statements like you are making might be though

Old 07-26-2018, 02:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,318,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You’d think that the Trump base would tire of misleading headlines designed more to anger them and motivate them to vote than to inform them. Instead, when they’re not listening to propaganda on right wing “news” sites, they’re spreading cr*p like this on message boards.

I guess they like living in a perpetual state of anger.
I'm sure there will be an angry hostile tweet from the guy in the WH, or New Jersey golf resort--wherever it is he stays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections