Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 09:14 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,088,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, maybe. I don't know about "repulsive", though, vs. "rousing".

I will agree that Beto had fewer "applause" comments, and I mean that sincerely. He didn't bring his A game to this debate, IMHO.

Cruz had more comments that roused his followers to break the rules of being respectful and silent.

But I still believe that Beto followers are more civil, more kind, than Cruz followers who are frankly more combative and less respectful of decorum than Beto followers.

Mirroring the personalities of Cruz and Beto.
It's become very clear to the people of Texas that Beto doesn't have an A Game to bring, he may surprise us in the next 2 debates but I'm not expecting much better than what he did last night.

As far as Beto followers/supporters being more civil, you've obviously never been to Ted Cruz's Facebook page because the Beto trolls that attack each and every thing that gets posted there are hate filled morons. They don't even try to hide the fact that they're trolling for no reason other than to disrupt and cause trouble for Ted Cruz. They openly talk about it and plan it in Beto supporter groups on Facebook. It's pathetic and your statements above are delusional.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
How about specifically addressing Beto supporters vs. Cruz supporters.
Do you use Facebook or other social media platforms?

Old 09-22-2018, 09:34 PM

32,322 posts, read 15,272,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I watched the debate. Ted is one of my senators. I thought both men did a good job of presenting their political priorities, so I won't watch any more of their debates.

Texans will decide if we want to remain a conservative, republican state by re-electing ted or venture into a progressive future by electing beto.

I'm voting for ted. In fact, straight republican, and hope fellow Texas citizens will do the same. while I don't agree with ted on some major issues, beto's political views are the antithesis of how I want texas represented in the senate.
Why would you vote for a coward like this. He let Trump insult his family and did nothing about it. If you can't stand up for your family then you can't stand up for our country

Old 09-22-2018, 09:38 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 24 days ago)

36,132 posts, read 18,413,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why would you vote for a coward like this. He let Trump insult his family and did nothing about it. If you can't stand up for your family then you can't stand up for our country
I COMPLETELY agree. Why would he allow Trump to take away his dignity, and still crawl to Trump groveling for approval? Embarrassing.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What do you want them to do, have a fist fight? Everything you're talking about took place during a heated Presidential election, the amount of crazy stuff that was said by everyone involved was hard to keep up with. You people act like Ted Cruz should refuse to talk to or work with the President, apparently none of you paid attention to the answer that Cruz gave last night because it was the perfect answer to the people who are trying to make this into something it isn't.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I COMPLETELY agree. Why would he allow Trump to take away his dignity, and still crawl to Trump groveling for approval? Embarrassing.
Trump didn't take his dignity and you don't know what was said between those 2 men after those comments were made and the election was over, frankly it's none of your business. Cruz hasn't crawled or groveled for approval, stop trying to twist comments from 2016 into a reason for people to support Beto, it isn't going to work. You'd be a lot more productive if you explained why people should vote for Beto instead of trying to make people dislike Cruz. We know that democrats hate Cruz, that's no big surprise but for people like myself that's a huge selling point to support Cruz.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:00 PM

19,963 posts, read 7,928,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Trump didn't take his dignity and you don't know what was said between those 2 men after those comments were made and the election was over, frankly it's none of your business. Cruz hasn't crawled or groveled for approval, stop trying to twist comments from 2016 into a reason for people to support Beto, it isn't going to work. You'd be a lot more productive if you explained why people should vote for Beto instead of trying to make people dislike Cruz. We know that democrats hate Cruz, that's no big surprise but for people like myself that's a huge selling point to support Cruz.
Isn't that the truth? If I don't know much about a candidate, how much democrats hate the candidate is a great indication of how much I should like the candidate lol.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:49 PM

37,378 posts, read 60,190,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
One would think a person with such strong opinions would get correct information before spouting off.
He is a NY--no vote

Old 09-22-2018, 10:54 PM

1,727 posts, read 3,136,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Here you go:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ke-sot-vpx.cnn

Having to stand on a stage and defend his own wife and father yet again.
It was probably the best answer he could give, given the circumstances. He's probably thought about how to respond to that question a lot.

What do you think?
The answer sounds so rehearsed. He might as well just say 'Doesn't matter what Trump said in the past about my beautiful wife, myself or my dad, I'll lick Trump's shoes and kiss his ass however many times is necessary...'

Anyone notice that he has a more pronounced southern accent during the debate? LOL! Classic speech tactic to sound like the ppl you represent.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:54 PM

37,378 posts, read 60,190,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If only the state government was conservative. Spending increases and increased debt isn't really conservative. We're stuck with the republicans because they are the lessor of two evils.
You're not "stuck" with Republicans---vote Democratic

The people who vote GOP for the most part do so for SOCIAL reasons --anti abortion, anti-gay, anti whatever
And most of them do not benefit from the policies the GOP legislature has had in play for two decades
Texas teachers are finding this out with their health coverage and their pension system
They normally vote GOP for any election and are paying the price because the legislature has no desire to do what it will take to honor the commitment to Texas educators and most in the legislature would be happy to do away with public education altogether
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections