Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 03:18 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,290,146 times

Advertisements

I watched the debate online this morning. After watching this debate, I'm even more convinced that Cruz will prevail and by double digits (not that such was really in doubt to me). Beto was sloppy on a number of issues that are important to Texans, including drugs and the 2nd Amendment. Moreover, when he started on the "white privilege" road, I asked myself what I've been asking myself for quite some time now: do Democrats really expect this white privilege crap to play well with the white voters they need to win?

Old 09-23-2018, 03:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
PLEASE don't tell me what I as a life-long Democrat believe in

I am so tired of GOP rhetoric
Please don't spout any more of it like a broken faucet...
This is the problem, in a nutshell.

No one would respect the democrat party if they were actually the way zealots like Cruz describe them.

We're not dealing with the same facts, and the same truths. The right wing is painting a picture of a bunch of nuts with horns, and their constituency is believing it.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I watched the debate online this morning. After watching this debate, I'm even more convinced that Cruz will prevail and by double digits (not that such was really in doubt to me). Beto was sloppy on a number of issues that are important to Texans, including drugs and the 2nd Amendment. Moreover, when he started on the "white privilege" road, I asked myself what I've been asking myself for quite some time now: do Democrats really expect this white privilege crap to play well with the white voters they need to win?
Well, I'll agree with you that discussing white privilege doesn't play well at SMU.

Because there, at the epitome of those who have enjoyed white privilege, it's a bit uncomfortable.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:15 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,928,107 times
This entire post is just pure comedy.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:08 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,303,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Trump didn't take his dignity and you don't know what was said between those 2 men after those comments were made and the election was over, frankly it's none of your business. Cruz hasn't crawled or groveled for approval, stop trying to twist comments from 2016 into a reason for people to support Beto, it isn't going to work. You'd be a lot more productive if you explained why people should vote for Beto instead of trying to make people dislike Cruz. We know that democrats hate Cruz, that's no big surprise but for people like myself that's a huge selling point to support Cruz.
They don't get it

Old 09-24-2018, 06:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Trump didn't take his dignity and you don't know what was said between those 2 men after those comments were made and the election was over, frankly it's none of your business. Cruz hasn't crawled or groveled for approval, stop trying to twist comments from 2016 into a reason for people to support Beto, it isn't going to work. You'd be a lot more productive if you explained why people should vote for Beto instead of trying to make people dislike Cruz. We know that democrats hate Cruz, that's no big surprise but for people like myself that's a huge selling point to support Cruz.
Of course he didn't.

He took his wife's dignity.

And his father's.

After throwing a brief hissy fit for the cameras, Cruz then laid down and licked tRump's boots, which is what he's continued to do ever since.

That's no reason to support Beto, but it's reason enough to NOT support Rafael Cruz, the Cuban/Canadian carpetbagger.

This campaign is a real contrast in styles and it's been a lot of fun to see Cruz squirming and now begging for tRump to come to TX in hopes that might help boost his chances.

Go Beto!

Old 09-24-2018, 06:35 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,706,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why would you vote for a coward like this. He let Trump insult his family and did nothing about it. If you can't stand up for your family then you can't stand up for our country
So, in regards to how Cruz answered the question - like others noted, he knew this was coming. And he was prepared to answer it. Honestly, the question was simply a disguised softball. It could have been difficult, but there was no way Cruz was entering this debate and not prepared for it.

However, as for the meaning behind the words - did Cruz ever publicly get an apology from Trump? I can't find anything about it. When I couple that fact with how Trump is now stumping for Ted Cruz in Texas... I don't know, that should be a hard pill to swallow.

On one hand, maybe this should simply be something Cruz supporters have to accept. If Ted Cruz can swallow that pill (the comments about his family) in order to further the conservative cause in Texas and in the United States, then so be it. But on the other, it would cause me pause. What won't this man do? Is there a line Cruz won't cross or won't allow our President to cross?

It seems to me that Cruz will just take whatever the Presidents tells him to. We don't need another Yes Man in the Senate.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:23 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,051,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
PLEASE don't tell me what I as a life-long Democrat believe in

I am so tired of GOP rhetoric
Please don't spout any more of it like a broken faucet...
I WILL continue to point out how corrupt, dishonest and flawed your party is and how pathetic your failed policies are. Your politics are not in line with the average Texas voter.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course he didn't.
I don't pay attention to people who can't handle discussions without relying on memes. This isn't middle school.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
So, in regards to how Cruz answered the question - like others noted, he knew this was coming. And he was prepared to answer it. Honestly, the question was simply a disguised softball. It could have been difficult, but there was no way Cruz was entering this debate and not prepared for it.

However, as for the meaning behind the words - did Cruz ever publicly get an apology from Trump? I can't find anything about it. When I couple that fact with how Trump is now stumping for Ted Cruz in Texas... I don't know, that should be a hard pill to swallow.

On one hand, maybe this should simply be something Cruz supporters have to accept. If Ted Cruz can swallow that pill (the comments about his family) in order to further the conservative cause in Texas and in the United States, then so be it. But on the other, it would cause me pause. What won't this man do? Is there a line Cruz won't cross or won't allow our President to cross?

It seems to me that Cruz will just take whatever the Presidents tells him to. We don't need another Yes Man in the Senate.
He won't put on a dress, get a DUI and run from the scene or break into someone's home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections