Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:33 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He won't put on a dress, get a DUI and run from the scene or break into someone's home.
See, this is the problem with today's politics.

Either you have believed the lies your party has told, or you know you're retelling lies hoping to convince someone else who's too lazy to fact check.

We all have our honest differences of opinion on policy, but when you have to resort to lying about the opponent to convince someone to vote for your choice of candidate, maybe you're already acknowledging your choice isn't the best? Because your candidate can't stand on the "truth" of his being the better candidate with the better vision?

So here's the question. Do you believe what you posted, or do you know it's not true but you're trying to hoodwink others here?

Old 09-24-2018, 07:47 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,248,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Here you go:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ke-sot-vpx.cnn

Having to stand on a stage and defend his own wife and father yet again.
It was probably the best answer he could give, given the circumstances. He's probably thought about how to respond to that question a lot.

What do you think?
Politics is a dirty rotten business and Trump didn't play nice. But at the end o f the day, Trump and Cruz want the same thing for America 75-80% of the time....it's policy over personal feelings. I think from observing people from both parties that Dems usually vote their feelings and Repubs vote policy.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Talking "A single meme is worth 1000 words"

Quote:
I don't pay attention to people who can't handle discussions without relying on memes. This isn't middle school.
Balderdash!

You can't keep yourself from trying to toss childish slights at my posts.

It's OK, you're not alone.

Trumplings are always trying to make ME the topic.

But back to the issue at hand: Beto > Cruz

Carry on.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,707,668 times
Quote:
He won't put on a dress, get a DUI and run from the scene or break into someone's home.
But what someone did years ago doesn't matter, right? Hence why many people don't really care what Dr. Ford has to say about Brett Kavanaugh. "Oh that was a long time ago, does it even matter?"

Old 09-24-2018, 09:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,735,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Isn't that cute?...BETO....

"BETO," which appears as the lone word on most of his campaign signs and literature. In addition to sidestepping every issue that he previously made himself very clear on , Robert Francis O'Rourke is a fraud, relying on the uninformed who will a vote for someone they THINK is Hispanic. That's his schtick.

And where the hell are the cultural appropriation screams?
The people of El Paso, where Beto was born and raised, embrace him as one of their own.

Take it up with them.

BTW, who is "Ted" trying to appeal to? Why isn't he using his given name?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,342,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I was just frustrated.

It becomes clear why Trump dubbed Ted Cruz "Lyin' Ted". What a jackass.

So at the beginning, the crowd was allowed to cheer as the candidates were introduced, and then were instructed to hold their applause and reaction. The crowd was very evenly divided cheering for Beto and Cruise.

But as can be predicted, the Beto crowd was respectfully silent and the Cruz crowd acted like they were at a football game and ignored the innumerable warnings to please, please hold your reaction. The audience members mirror the character of the candidates.

And so, like so often, nice guys finish last.

I didn't think Beto did all that well, because he was reluctant to continue to call Cruz a liar, which he did at one point.

Best question? "Ted Cruz, it's been pointed out that although Trump called your wife ugly, and your father a murderer, and called you "lyin' Ted" you are still publicly seeking his approval. How do you react to those who say you've lost your dignity"?

Whew. That was a fabulous question, although admittedly partisan.
Wait a minute! I watched that debate! The Beto Crowd was as loud as anyone else. What do you mean they were "respectfully silent?" Nothing could be further from the truth!

Old 09-24-2018, 10:17 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,342,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I watched the debate online this morning. After watching this debate, I'm even more convinced that Cruz will prevail and by double digits (not that such was really in doubt to me). Beto was sloppy on a number of issues that are important to Texans, including drugs and the 2nd Amendment. Moreover, when he started on the "white privilege" road, I asked myself what I've been asking myself for quite some time now: do Democrats really expect this white privilege crap to play well with the white voters they need to win?
I agree 100%. Beto was nervous. He wasn't comfortable at all. He was totally on the defense the entire time, and had nothing to offer.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wait a minute! I watched that debate! The Beto Crowd was as loud as anyone else. What do you mean they were "respectfully silent?" Nothing could be further from the truth!
You saw the debate through skewed lenses, then.

If you care to waste an hour of your time as I did, and go back and re watch the video on YouTube and count the outbursts.

You can also go through this thread and find my tally of outbursts, post #16 in this thread.

It's interesting, what you think you're seeing vs. what is there on video.

Last edited by ClaraC; 09-24-2018 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-24-2018, 04:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Thumbs up Beto after Friday's debate

Nothing better than to cruise to the nearest Whataburger and air-drum along to the Who's Baba O'Riley while you're waiting in line at the drive-thru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8mVYTSTT9Y

Yes, folks.

He beats Cruz on the likeability scale by a country mile.

I always did like that album, Who's Next?

Old 09-24-2018, 05:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,485,918 times
Beto O'Rourke Returns to Whataburger, Gets Recognized and Snaps Selfies With Employee
https://ijr.com/2018/09/1126092-beto...burger-selfie/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections