Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:16 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,667,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'll take Lyin' Ted over Sanctuary Beto any day.

You've made that clear.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:22 AM

37,378 posts, read 60,190,012 times
Quote:
The "venue" is a massive outdoor park that's just under 50 acres in size, it routinely holds crowds in excess of 120K people so once again, your imagination is wrong. I didn't say anything about Trump inflating crowd size, I said BETO did and now you're trying to drag the President into this? Give me a break, stop lying.

I personally attended a Ted Cruz event in my area in August that was open to the public and free, I received tickets via email and had no trouble whatsoever attending and even talking to Cruz for a couple minutes after the event. Perhaps you're just a little too biased to admit that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Senator Ted Cruz Coming to Montgomery County! Introduction by Congressman Kevin Brady! – Montgomery County Republican Party
OK--thanks for the info re the venue

As to the Cruz event-
If you requested by email, I am sure you were screened by the Cruz staff and got tickets because of your voting record...
I very much doubt anyone with a Dem voting record/registration would be sent a ticket...

Old 10-02-2018, 08:29 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,088,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
OK--thanks for the info re the venue

As to the Cruz event-
If you requested by email, I am sure you were screened by the Cruz staff and got tickets because of your voting record...
I very much doubt anyone with a Dem voting record/registration would be sent a ticket...
The event was almost 2 hours long if you count photos with constituents at the end, Cruz took about 10 questions and 2 of them were from self described Democrats. It's also impossible for a candidate to screen people based on voting record, voting is anonymous in this country in case you aren't aware. I'm not registered as a Republican nor have I ever donated money to any GOP candidate so I'm not on any list.

The only thing that is crystal clear in this conversation is your willingness to make assumptions to support your political agenda. "You are sure" and "you very much doubt" a whole lot of stuff that you're utterly clueless about.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:10 AM

37,378 posts, read 60,190,012 times
Quote:
The event was almost 2 hours long if you count photos with constituents at the end, Cruz took about 10 questions and 2 of them were from self described Democrats. It's also impossible for a candidate to screen people based on voting record, voting is anonymous in this country in case you aren't aware. I'm not registered as a Republican nor have I ever donated money to any GOP candidate so I'm not on any list.

The only thing that is crystal clear in this conversation is your willingness to make assumptions to support your political agenda. "You are sure" and "you very much doubt" a whole lot of stuff that you're utterly clueless about.
You are correct that only registration is public record
But donations to political parties are part of public record

If you like Cruz-that is certainly your right
Your vote is your vote
Just as mine is
I have no desire to vote for Ted Cruz or any GOP candidate
The only one that I find credible is Will Hurd because of his more moderate GOP views and background in the CIA and he knows Trump has committed some illegal acts but his party affiliation is stronger than what he feels is better for America...

Old 10-02-2018, 02:07 PM

20,986 posts, read 8,768,344 times
Will Beto have his own #MeToo?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...actresses.html

Old 10-02-2018, 09:21 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,030,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you would rather vote for a loser like Cruz who wouldn’t even stand up to Trump for insulting his wife. And here he’s now all cozy with him. What husband does that.
This seems to get endlessly repeated. Now I am no fan of Ted Cruz, but this is a little unfair to him. The silly insults are on Trump, not Cruz. After Trump won, of course Cruz was going to mend fences and work with him. That's normal politics.

It's like in 2008, the Obama campaign trashed Hillary during the primaries, once implying that Bill was a closet racist (see the SC primary). And Hillary said after the primaries that she would have loved to get a look at internal memos of the Obama campaign, because she believed that race-baiting was a major strategy for them.

But after Obama won, that was all forgotten, and Hillary even joined the administration as Secretary of State. Normal politics. The only thing abnormal was Trump's childish insults during the primaries.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:18 PM

1,733 posts, read 955,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you would rather vote for a loser like Cruz who wouldn’t even stand up to Trump for insulting his wife. And here he’s now all cozy with him. What husband does that.

Cruz explained his stance after losing the 2016 election and Trump's insults: he said he could pout, gather his marbles and stomp his way back to Texas, or regroup and continue what he was hired by Texans to do-represent the people of Texas.

He's not a wimp, he's following thru on what he was hired to do.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:56 AM

271 posts, read 140,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
This will only interest Texans. Since the major newspapers will never report anything negative about a
Democrat, you have to read the New York Post to find out about O'Rourke's shady past:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/28/the-me...lenger-a-pass/

But...But.....But.....

He's like a really cool guy..... because yanno he plays air drummer in a car while passing through a burger drive-through

I think a monotone soliloquy from Ted Cruz on constitutional law would be far less boring.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:03 AM

4,119 posts, read 6,640,942 times
http://endcitizensunited.org/wp-cont...8m1-100118.pdf

Very interesting poll numbers...

Democrats have advantage in TX 32; Trump’s Standing is Very Bad

A Congressional contest among generic, unnamed candidates results in a 51 - 45 percent advantage for the
Democrat, with Independent voters choosing the Democrat by 13 points. The Senate race also favors Democrats here, with Beto O’Rourke leading Ted Cruz by 9 points, 53 –44 percent. Independents choose O’Rourke by a whopping 17 points.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:38 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,743,260 times
Quote:

Montgomery Cty is overwhelmingly Republican. They absolutely do know which primary that you vote in as well as your frequency. I’m sure that they could safely assume that you were pro-Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections