Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 06:16 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Then it stands to reason that nobody in their right mind would vote for and support those or like thinking individuals? But I'm willing to Beto that you do?
I stopped paying attention to snippets and half the story when I decided the JBS was not for me. It takes more than a 30 second sound bite to understand a person's position on any issue.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Beto fans---he's on CNN tonight at 7pm EST.

Town Hall!!!!!
Did you see it? I had to miss.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:31 PM

7,510 posts, read 4,350,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I stopped paying attention to snippets and half the story when I decided the JBS was not for me. It takes more than a 30 second sound bite to understand a person's position on any issue.
That's your problem in a nut shell. If you stopped paying attention than how can you claim: "That's just right wing BS to get their troops reed up"?

Indeed "it takes more than a 30 second sound bite to understand a person's position on any issue." They've got a history and voting record along with campaigning on such issues. There's God only knows how many radio, TV and print ads stating their positions on guns. A history, voting record and campaign that you obviously haven't paid any attention to either? You must be living in a vault?

It's all part of the public record and out there for anyone to look up. Why don't you just try it? You might learn something. But I doubt you will as you're afraid to face the truth as it is contrary to your preconceived notions and you may end up looking like the fool that you are. Or are you just too G*d d**n lazy to look up the facts?

I noticed that you haven't been able to prove or back up any of your assertions that it's all "right wing BS"? Whereas I had no trouble proving how wrong you really are. At least if you make such claims you have be able to back it up. Proof? Who needs any proof when accusations and assertions are all the proof that's needed? It sure must be great living in a fantasy land, devoid of any reality.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 10-18-2018 at 08:16 PM..

Old 10-18-2018, 07:52 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
OK, Cruzies...

Y'all heard about the "big rally" that tRump is putting on for Lyin' Ted Monday in Houston?

You know, the one he was gonna hold in "the biggest stadium in Texas!"?

Well, it'll be held in an 8000 seat livestock arena instead.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...000-seat-arena

Go Beto!

Wrong. It's been moved to the Toyota center-19,000 + seating capacity.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:11 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
That's your problem in a nut shell. If you stopped paying attention than how can you claim: "That's just right wing BS to get their troops reed up"?

Indeed "it takes more than a 30 second sound bite to understand a person's position on any issue." They've got a history and voting record along with campaigning on such issues. There's God only knows how many radio, TV and print ads stating their positions on guns. A history, voting record and campaign that you obviously haven't paid any attention to either? You must be living in a vault?

It's all part of the public record and out there for anyone to look up. Why don't you just try it? You might learn something. But I doubt you will as you're afraid to face the truth as it is contrary to your preconceived notions and you may end up looking like the fool that you are. Or are you just too G*d d**n lazy to look up the facts?

I noticed that you haven't been able to prove or back up any of your assertions that it's all "right wing BS"? Whereas I had no trouble proving how wrong you really are. At least if you make such claims you have be able to back it up. Proof? Who needs any proof when accusations and assertions are all the proof that's needed? It sure must be great living in a fantasy land, devoid of any reality.
While you were busy cutting and pasting snippets, I was having coffee with a friend. Years ago, her child was shot graveyard dead by a neighborhood kid who was pissed off because he lost a kickball game. The kid went home, came back with a gun and started firing it at the kids. Hers was the only one killed.

You have no clue what any poster reads, thinks, researches, or no knowledge of their background. All you know is what is posted.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:30 AM

550 posts, read 368,479 times
Default Beto O'Rourke Finally Is Honest about Something

He states he would vote to impeach Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/polit...all/index.html

No concern at all about how that would damage the U.S. or trigger a wave of guerrilla violence that might
sink our economy for a decade.

Democrats need power and that's all that matters to little rich boy O'Rourke.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Wrong.
It was right when I posted it.

Quote:
It's been moved to the Toyota center-19,000 + seating capacity.
That darn tRump, moving the goal po..., er venue.

Still, 18000 seats falls 84000 short of the "biggest stadium in Texas!"

I hope it's televised, because it'll be very amusing to watch Lyin' Ted sucking up to the slob who insulted his wife and father.

He's a little bit out of touch with Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAvKZAPhOUU

C'mon... Ted!

Old 10-19-2018, 07:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
While you were busy cutting and pasting snippets, I was having coffee with a friend. Years ago, her child was shot graveyard dead by a neighborhood kid who was pissed off because he lost a kickball game. The kid went home, came back with a gun and started firing it at the kids. Hers was the only one killed.

You have no clue what any poster reads, thinks, researches, or no knowledge of their background. All you know is what is posted.
Losing a child is something a parent never escapes from--no matter how old the child might be...

And this is just another example of why we need sane gun regulations because this could totally have been prevented...

Old 10-19-2018, 08:17 AM

550 posts, read 368,479 times
Default Beto Supporters Can't Name Any of His Accomplishments

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11425

Were college students always this dense?

Old 10-19-2018, 08:35 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
are there any?

can't fault anyone for failing to name what doesn't exist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections