Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 03:10 PM

1,733 posts, read 954,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I would agree that he "has done all he could do" with an obstructive Congress (both Democrat & Republican) - despite all that, he has accomplished a LOT and he has a LOT more planned. "At his age?" he is on the go all the time. Constant meetings in the White House with "normal people groups" - Like the Young Black Leaders last week, the Harley Davidson people, Unions, Steel Workers, Round Tables with everyone - you name it and they get an invite. (as opposed to weekly concerts with the Hollywood Crowd).

What more "TRASH" can they really do?? He doesn't quit, they can't scare him off and most of what they do backfires on them. With a Republican House and a stronger Senate -- we can finally get the Immigration reforms/new laws we need and probably health care also.
Something that works in today's world -- I've always said that ONLY a GOP President can do Immigration Laws because they Leftists don't want them -- they want the STICK to beat Republicans with in a Get Out the Vote effort. Don't get me wrong -- Republicans don't want Immigration Law either, BUT Donald Trump can force them into it and his core base will back him up. He will explain it to them and the "explain it" part is what has really been missing on both sides. It has to be broken up into pieces that work together - Legally, Socially and Economically.

Just watching his Rallys exhausts me - he has monthly Cabinet meetings, most of his Cabinet people say they talk to him daily, sometimes several times a day. His kids say he exhausts them and that he is always full of energy. I don't think he will quit, I do think he will run in 2020 and even some of the Democrat Analysts say they don't see anyone on the Horizon that could beat him.

I agree. I don't see him slowing down at all.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:02 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,086,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
I have a bully neighbor that swears by the Tweeter Swine. I ran into him at the local watering hole last Friday Nite for the Hurricanes Game and left him pale in front of the table, and most of the table went to my side and applauded...He thinks POTUS has it made and Not a thing is wrong with him, but he got up and left ashamed after screaming like a girl and I made him HUSH !!!!

What a disgrace, and we are dividing the Country ???? When they refused the presence of Potus in Pa, the Story is the other way around 100%..
This isn’t DU, your BS made up stories don’t fly here.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:07 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,712,191 times
I responded to a few Beto threads.. . So. I don't know about everyone else, but it bothers me that a senate hopeful doesn't campaign with his full name. He uses a nick name and he isn't Hispanic. His name is Robert. Another is he hasn't held an office, has no experience, just backed with money from outside of Texas. Millions of dollars.

He doesn't believe in borders and with this caravan approaching our southern border, that immigration issue is huge. And if you want to read more on that issue, head over this way: https://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/

Old 11-01-2018, 05:26 AM

4,138 posts, read 4,553,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OK, if what you say is true and you don't want to pay for someone to choose where their kids go to school, explain to me, why people who choose to have no kids should pay taxes for those who do have kids?
Because private schools are for profit. Public schools are not and thus are held accountable for providing an education within a budget. And as a taxpayer without children, I recognize the societal value of ensuring all children receive an education. I do not support my tax dollars being spent to indoctrinate someone’s religious beliefs into children, nor do I support my tax dollars making private institutions wealthy when we have a public school system that is designed to provide education. If folks don’t like their public school system, work to change it or, use your own money to send your kid to a private school, not the tax payers.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:15 AM

24,223 posts, read 15,280,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmow View Post
I could say the same for Public Schools offering a low level of Education. I'd rather have a choice with my children on where I send my kids instead of being forced to send them to a lower level Public School (which was the case in my area). Don't Senators vote for educational bills at the Federal level? I think they do. Not to mention, how is that any different from someone who is religious not liking their money going to Planned Parenthood? Do you honestly think you have a say on 100% of where your tax money goes? That's pretty silly. Ultimately, people can always opt not to live in a state if they feel the money is used for frivolous causes (pretty much why I left California).
Schools get about 10% of their budgets from the feds.

You want to talk waste? Read up on reduced and free lunches. And how school districts tweak that number for thousands in additional funding.

Every place we have ever lived has very locally elected member of school boards.

Any state can opt out of any federal program they do not like. They just have to give up the funding that goes with it. A district in Dallas opted out of all federal programs some years ago. Housing prices soared.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:39 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,661,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
I responded to a few Beto threads.. . So. I don't know about everyone else, but it bothers me that a senate hopeful doesn't campaign with his full name.
Unlike his opponent, Rafael Eduardo Cruz.
Quote:
He uses a nick name
He's certainly no Lyin' Ted.
Quote:
and he isn't Hispanic. His name is Robert. Another is he hasn't held an office, has no experience,
City councilman, 6 years and congressman, 6 years.

BTW, that's 6 years more experience in elected office than Cruz.

You were saying?
Quote:
just backed with money from outside of Texas. Millions of dollars.
Millions more from right here in Texas.
Quote:
He doesn't believe in borders and with this caravan approaching our southern border, that immigration issue is huge. And if you want to read more on that issue, head over this way: https://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/
pull-EEZ!

Beto's lived on the border most of his life.

Carry on.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:32 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,661,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No Commies allowed!
Commie Bob, just thinks he has a chance in the Republic of Texas.
Commies, you say...

Who's from Cuba?

Old 11-01-2018, 08:26 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Commies, you say...

Who's from Cuba?

What does that have to do with this? Are you trying to say, because Cruz's father was born in Cuba means he is a commie? Even you know better than that.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Commies, you say...

Who's from Cuba?

Last week you people claimed Ted Cruz was Canadian and before that you claimed he's a fake Texan, which one is it?

Old 11-01-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What does that have to do with this? Are you trying to say, because Cruz's father was born in Cuba means he is a commie? Even you know better than that.
He's desperate, the realization is starting to set in that Beto is going to lose. OG will now start to claim that he he Beto would lose all along and that only losing by 5 points is actually a victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections