Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,464,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Need raw video to really see what all was said. Project Veritas has been known to create misleading edits.
No, that's what you have been told by the people who got caught. BTW, MSM edits their videos to do exactly that and you buy the excuse that it's done for time, why buy it for them but not PV? Do you demand the MSM post their raw video? NOPE.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,582,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Feel free to vote for Lyin' Ted.

He NEEDS your support.

Carry on.

LYIN Ted! He's just gross and smarmy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Need raw video to really see what all was said. Project Veritas has been known to create misleading edits.
^^ Understatement of the year. They certainly edit with creativity. I don't believe anything they put forward.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:42 AM

5,316 posts, read 2,122,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, that's what you have been told by the people who got caught. BTW, MSM edits their videos to do exactly that and you buy the excuse that it's done for time, why buy it for them but not PV? Do you demand the MSM post their raw video? NOPE.
I see evidence of it in an article by the Blaze, not "the people who got caught". They compared the edited to raw and found it misleading in the case of NPR, for example. I am not in Texas, not a liberal, or anything. Just found while looking into this.
https://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...diting-tactics

Old 11-02-2018, 12:39 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,419,243 times
Beto over the IDIOT Cruz, no question.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:02 PM

45,706 posts, read 27,325,537 times
A Beto canvasser just came by my house... I assume to make sure my wife voted.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:07 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,345,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Why in the world would anybody be in favor of removing pre-existing conditions from health coverage? That is something that would have effect on just about everybody. Almost everybody has at least one close relative who has a pre-existing condition. I don't know why anybody would be in favor of that relative losing their health coverage because they changed jobs and lost their pre-existing meds. Are Cruz/conservatives really in favor of something like that, even it means their own mother lose her coverage for her pre-existing diabetes? Or when a husband changes jobs and loses his coverage for his pre-existing skin cancer? That's just downright mean to treat somebody like that. I'd be worried about Karma coming for me if I was in favor of that.
I believe Texas is one of the states suing to do just that (stop the ACA requirement to cover pre-existing conditions in health policies).

Old 11-02-2018, 03:35 PM

1,074 posts, read 643,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right.

At the voting location here, the volunteers told us that they'd been super busy all day and that they'd had - in one day - a bigger turnout than they usually have all week. And this is for day 1 in EARLY voting. The "main vote" hasn't even happened yet.

For the first time in my life I went to a political rally last night, and it was very interesting. Absolutely PACKED as well - probably about 1000 people. The venue had originally set up 100 chairs. 100. Then they went and got 400 more and set them up, and still, there were TONS of people standing - probably as many standing behind the chairs as there were sitting in them. Very well behaved but engaged crowd.
That's great news!! I'm excited for this one. Whether my side wins or loses, I am very grateful for this election, as it has sparked something in people that should have always been there (myself included). I stopped voting after W won because I realized - watching that race all night long - how my vote doesn't really matter in Texas. How did Texas turn red at like 6pm when only something like 55% of the votes had been counted??? I'm sure it is just the fact that I am ignorant on the electoral college or something, but I digress. I voted Sunday at 1pm when my polling place opened and had to wait maybe 30 minutes, but as I walked out, the line was much longer. Very exciting times, and I hope my/our kids continue this trend.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:40 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,304,329 times
Beto by a landslide so Dems there is no need to go vote. He's got it locked up.

Even Pulosi says she will be the new queen. Just stay home.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:06 PM

17,847 posts, read 13,771,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I honestly don't understand how anyone could vote for a sniveling worm like Cruz.
Saw a sign today. Said "Get rid of the Dork.........Vote O'Rourke".

I laughed.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:25 PM

24,041 posts, read 15,154,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I believe Texas is one of the states suing to do just that (stop the ACA requirement to cover pre-existing conditions in health policies).
They are. One of many who want to rid the world of ACA. Trouble is, in order to have insurance companies cover pre existing, we all need to be covered. There's the rub. Many of our fellow citizens just don't get this Heritage Foundation plan.

This late in the game, any incumbent Republican who says they support coverage of pre existing conditions is lying.

I caught onto pre existing years ago when a friend with cancer was denied coverage. The company her husband had worked for for 25 years changed their insurance carrier. She was denied insurance for her cancer due it being pre existing. She had to go from St Louis to Columbia Mo for treatment from the state, weekly. IMO, that was cruel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.