Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 08:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
About a month ago, after receiving series of maybe 4, 5, or 6 political text messages and phone calls during the previous 2 weeks, I received a text message from the Beto campaign that wanted to know if I was going to be voting for Beto O'Rourke in November....I texted back word for word, "I plan to vote for Beto because I cannot bring myself to vote for Ted Cruz; however, if I continue to receive annoying and intrusive phone calls and text messages from the Beto camp, such as this one, I may just change my mind and not vote at all."

That was the last I heard from that bunch. And I voted for Beto last Tuesday, so I'm good to go.
You know, I've gotten at least 4 texts from, I assumed, the FL Dem party, though they are not identified as such--just friendly texts reminding me to vote. My spouse, a registered independent, has been getting them also.

I am actually glad they are sending these out--I don't think reminding people to vote is obnoxious, and in Florida I think it is important, but none of them mentioned specific candidates.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:32 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A few weeks back, Cruz had a 9 point lead. Polls following that have had Lyin Ted's lead dropping to 6 points, then 5, then 3.6, then 3pts and now there's a poll showing them tied at 49 apiece.
I think Cruz has a comfortable 6 point lead.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:35 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,089,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, its time to "like" Lyin Ted again.....

Its funny how people can be instructed who to like, and when, and when they can be disliked again.
I don't like him at all, this has nothing to do with personally liking a candidate or not. I don't vote based on feelings, I vote based on record and facts.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I do not have a candidate in TX, so I have not looked into Betos strengths and weaknesses. Cruz has been around, so everyone knows him. Besides, I predict Beto will lose anyway. Is Cruz good? No, he is just another partisan empty suite.
If Cruz is just another partisan empty suit then Beto is just a partisan empty pair of underwear or socks.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:38 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You know, I've gotten at least 4 texts from, I assumed, the FL Dem party, though they are not identified as such--just friendly texts reminding me to vote. My spouse, a registered independent, has been getting them also.
I receive 10 or so per day from FL GOP. I am also registered independent.

Too bad they didn't put anti-spamming laws on the ballot.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:39 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,066,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Any stats on demographics of early voters in TX? Is any demographic group spiking higher than others compared to prior elections?
youth I believe

Old 11-05-2018, 08:59 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Default Might be significant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Any stats on demographics of early voters in TX? Is any demographic group spiking higher than others compared to prior elections?
"Early voting data from Texas shows a 508 percent growth in the youth vote since 2014, which is likely good news for Democratic Senate hopeful Beto O’Rourke."

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourk...m-cruz-1195812

Old 11-05-2018, 09:27 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,866,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe Beta is 1/1024 Hispanic.

Well for one he's not a fish. It's not Beta, it's Beto. Maybe you want to slap his mother for giving him the nickname Beto? It's a common Spanish nickname for people whose real first name ends in "berto" and it was used to distinguish him from his namesake grandfather. (Wikipedia really is your friend)

What is this obsession you have with brown skin? First it's the NYT being Mexican owned, now it's a nickname of a man whose last name happens to be Irish.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Well for one he's not a fish. It's not Beta, it's Beto. Maybe you want to slap his mother for giving him the nickname Beto? It's a common Spanish nickname for people whose real first name ends in "berto" and it was used to distinguish him from his namesake grandfather. (Wikipedia really is your friend)
He's less Spanish than Elizabeth Warren is Native American and that was essentially zero.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:04 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Talking Bogus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wow, speechless. Beto O'Rourke's campaign staffers talking about money and vans for the caravan's.

So many laws likely being violated in just 23 minutes among Beto O'Rourke's staffers.

If this 23 minute hidden camera story doesn't show their true agenda, I don't know what does.

https://www.projectveritasaction.com/2018/11/01/beto/

"No one needs to know" according to one campaign staffer

“I just hope nobody that’s the wrong person finds out about this.” said another
Just so you'll know...

As reported in the Texas press this morning, it was a $300 contribution to a charity that provides aid to asylum seekers who are already in the USA.
-----------------------------------------------

Chris Evans, spokesman for O’Rourke’s campaign, said staff members with the campaign "took it upon themselves" to use prepaid credit cards to buy “wipes, diapers, water, fruit and granola bars, and donate them” to Annunciation House, a nonprofit that provides support to immigrants.

Last week, Annunciation House put out an urgent call for assistance after offering aid to more than a hundred migrants seeking asylum who federal officials left at a Downtown bus station in El Paso.

“The value was under $300 and it will be appropriately reported to the FEC,” he said in a text message.
Under federal law, fundraising committees for campaigns are allowed to give gifts to charity as long as the money does not personally benefit the candidate.

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/ne...us/1858830002/
--------------------------------------------------

So, please relax, Trumplings and Cruzers. Take a deep breath.

Beto is NOT "funding the caravan" that still hasn't even gotten to Mexico City yet.

The Border Patrol does a good job of holding the line. And, just for some perspective, those of us living near the border have no fears of this so-called "invasion" that has tRump wetting the bed.

"Invasion! Leprosy! MS-13! Be afraid!"

There's a different caravan that tRump should be a lot more concerned about.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections