Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 10:30 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,057,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Stop listening to Trump. Start listening to the players and why they take a knee. Do you think the fans stand up. No they don’t because they are too busy getting food and beer. So please stop with the fake outrage

Spot on

The only reason the owners are in an uproar is because of advertising money and losing market saturation
MONEY---like Papa John's debacle
Most don't want to lose money over players' protests
And Jerry Jones--my home town Cowboys' owner is worse of the bunch
He is pathetic
And has history of ignoring players with domestic and drug abuse issues
Jones, like Trump, has real moral weakness
He has done some good charity work in some ways I have been told
but that too I think is for the publicity value...

Old 08-26-2018, 10:34 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,057,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Ted Cruz was born in Canada but his mother was a U.S. citizen. Under U.S. law, the fact that Cruz was born to a U.S. citizen mother makes him a citizen from birth. In other words, he is a “natural born citizen” as opposed to a naturalized citizen.

Only a liberal could be dumb enough to support illegal immigrants while claiming that legal US citizens are foreigners because they don't like them.
But Cruz IS from Cuban-Canadian heritage
Just like Obama came from foreign heritage
Plenty of outrage from the alt-right over Obama's heritage
Why not ok with same description which is accurate about Cruz

Her point was that Beto was born in the US to parents who were born in the US
Cruz was born in Canada and only one parent was a US Citizen
Cruz KEPT his dual citizenship with Canada and US until he was actually RUNNING for nomination
So he OBVIOUSLY felt it was valuable to have a dual citizenship for the first 50 or so years of his life
The only reason he dropped it was for political reasons....
He wasn't even honest enough to explain how he could have a dual citizenship and still be a great president
Why??? Because his base didn't want to hear it...
They don't like "foreigners"...

Old 08-26-2018, 10:38 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,504,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Ted Cruz was born in Canada but his mother was a U.S. citizen. Under U.S. law, the fact that Cruz was born to a U.S. citizen mother makes him a citizen from birth. In other words, he is a “natural born citizen” as opposed to a naturalized citizen.

Only a liberal could be dumb enough to support illegal immigrants while claiming that legal US citizens are foreigners because they don't like them.
I wasn't debating citizenship, but that foreign born/foreign heritage Rafael Cruz claims he is a real Texan while 4th generation and Texas born Beto O'Rourke is not.

Last edited by katzpaw; 08-26-2018 at 10:47 AM..

Old 08-26-2018, 10:48 AM

7,419 posts, read 2,724,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If he won't stand I don't care what he says or anyone else either who won't stand.
phma, this sounds a bit like hollow patriotism.

"You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms.Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free."
The American President

Last edited by corpgypsy; 08-26-2018 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: to decrease sarcasm

Old 08-26-2018, 11:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,072,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Cruz KEPT his dual citizenship with Canada and US until he was actually RUNNING for nomination
So he OBVIOUSLY felt it was valuable to have a dual citizenship for the first 50 or so years of his life
He wasn't even honest enough to explain how he could have a dual citizenship and still be a great president
not really the same as to who is or is not a naturalize citizen. In m view and the view of our constitution they are both citizens. Cruz because his mother was born here and Obama because both of his parents were born here. This has nothing to do with either's heritage.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:14 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,318,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I wasn't debating citizenship, but that foreign born/foreign heritage Rafael Cruz claims he is a real Texan while 4th generation and Texas born Beto O'Rourke is not.
Beto is extremely impressive--I think he'll go a lot further politically than Texas.

And Cruz? Well he's got that problem with his father planning Kennedy's assassination.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:13 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,763,520 times
Quote:

Hence his appropriated nickname “Ted.”

Old 08-26-2018, 01:59 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,072,233 times
Quote:

No, Cruz has zero "Canadian heritage", his mother was born in Delaware and his father was born in Cuba. His father gained Canadian citizenship and his parents were working in Canada in the oil industry when Cruz was born. Stop making stuff up.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I wasn't born in Texas but I sure do consider myself a real Texan, considering how many people moved here decades ago like I did I wouldn't try pinning that on Cruz as a negative. Being born here doesn't make you a real Texan, caring about the citizens of this state more than invaders from another country makes you a real Texan, especially if you're elected to represent the citizens.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Beto is extremely impressive--I think he'll go a lot further politically than Texas.

And Cruz? Well he's got that problem with his father planning Kennedy's assassination.
He's been a representative for years, what has Robert done that's extremely impressive? Can you list any of his accomplishments from his years in service?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections