Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump’s support of Hyde-Smith?
Yes 50 50.00%
No 50 50.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 11:44 PM

2,362 posts, read 784,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^In Mississippi, it’s a distinction without a difference, really.
Only in your mind, in my mind there is a huge difference.

My prediction, if your side keeps pushing this nothing-burger instead of actual issues that Mississippians depend on, you will lose that election in a repeat of the same thing you tried to do with DeSantis in Florida. It doesn't work - your interpretations, your fake outrage, and drama. Maybe even the Republicans are trolling you with these trigger words knowing you will make mountains out of mole hills and essentially make it a referendum on her choice of words (and hidden meanings) instead of actual policy.

So my prediction has been made, let's see how it plays out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 12:16 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,619,709 times
Quote:
That is only for those that choose to use prejudicial assumption.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:48 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,319,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I'm just anticipating her likely defense. She mentioned that she would attend a public hanging which at one time were how they executed people in America. She didn't say nothing about attending a lynching. She can easily deny that. People are adding their lynching interpretation into what they think she meant.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
That is only for those that choose to use prejudicial assumption.
You misspelled facts.

Quote:
Most of the lynchings that took place happened in the South. A big reason for this was the end of the Civil War. Once black were given their freedom, many people felt that the freed blacks were getting away with too much freedom and felt they needed to be controlled. Mississippi had the highest lynchings from 1882-1968 with 581. Georgia was second with 531, and Texas was third with 493. 79% of lynching happened in the South.
https://www.naacp.org/history-of-lynchings/

Old 11-26-2018, 08:39 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,359,752 times
Anyone who reads an apology from a script and can't defend themselves publicly without a script isn't qualified to be a Senator. Like Donald Trump, Cindy-Hyde Smith has no political intellect and integrity. Mike Espy is the most experienced and the most qualified candidate, without a doubt. Mississippi still flies the Confederate Battle Emblem as it's state flag and Cindy-Hyde is wrapped in that flag of hate and segregation. Cindy Hyde-Smith will win this election and Mississippi will defend it's title as the 50th ranked state in the nation.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:33 AM

73,231 posts, read 63,096,689 times
What is so sad about the latest information about Cindy Hyde-Smith is that none of it shocks me. My response is "It is what it is. This is the same as it ever was". One thing that needs to be considered. Mississippi has a very bad reputation and it's rooted in its history. Someone like Cindy Hyde-Smith will only make it worse.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:59 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,359,752 times
This is what Cindy Hyde-Smith is defending?

Quote:
Nooses found hanging from trees at state Capitol

Nooses were found hanging from trees at the state Capitol in Jackson Monday.

According to pictures posted by WLBT, two nooses and several "hate signs" were found on the Capitol grounds around 7:15 a.m.
https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/...on/2115227002/

Last edited by tillman7; 11-26-2018 at 11:17 AM..

Old 11-26-2018, 11:01 AM

13,560 posts, read 10,425,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Only in your mind, in my mind there is a huge difference.

My prediction, if your side keeps pushing this nothing-burger instead of actual issues that Mississippians depend on, you will lose that election in a repeat of the same thing you tried to do with DeSantis in Florida. It doesn't work - your interpretations, your fake outrage, and drama. Maybe even the Republicans are trolling you with these trigger words knowing you will make mountains out of mole hills and essentially make it a referendum on her choice of words (and hidden meanings) instead of actual policy.

So my prediction has been made, let's see how it plays out.
So you're telling me, wedge politics like DeSantis practices is valued because it works in electoral politics? What about just plain old decency and recognition of ALL people in your constituency?

Old 11-26-2018, 11:02 AM

53,548 posts, read 35,263,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
This is what Cindy Hyde-Smith is defending?

https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/...on/2115227002/
you're claiming she defended the hanging of nooses? source please.

she's not mentioned in your article at all

Old 11-26-2018, 11:08 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,152,272 times
Hyde-Smith looks like Roy Moore in drag.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:09 AM

51,743 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
True.

Though there are some very fine people who claim she meant "legal" hangings, not "lynch mob" hangings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections