Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump’s support of Hyde-Smith?
Yes 50 50.00%
No 50 50.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 12:44 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,350,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sadly, this is the America that some people want. The best we can do is fight against those persons. They only do harm.
A couple of nooses were found hanging at the state capitol in Jackson. The symbolism of that should be pretty clear (unlike those posters who are trying to deflect, deny the symbolism of the words "public hanging").
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 03:34 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
What are you talking about with point B). I don't care about what's trendy, so I will stick with "terribly retarded" thank you very much. You can consider it in poor taste just as I consider grown ups acting outraged over words like monkey and public hangings in poor taste.

But you can go ahead and have your fake hissy fits. No one actually believes you're honest. You will lose elections because instead of talking about issues everyone is talking about if you should be outraged over word choices.
Wrong.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:48 AM

23,536 posts, read 17,211,948 times
More lessons in word association by activists.

Why does everything have to be about faux outrage of coopted words?

the M word is now mob

The H word is hang

the liberals alphabet book for children and their liberal parents.

'Hanging was the virtually universal method of execution in America up to the 1890's and was the sole form permitted by the original constitution.'

I hung my curtains, I hung my deer from the maple tree to skin it, I hung around with her, I left them hanging. Hanging chads.

just a matter of time before cotton clothing will be a dog whistle to the liberal left.

Have to wonder why cotton clothing wasn't the first symbol of oppression to be attacked?????

According to the liberal left the utterance of a single word will make you a doctor, if you use a medical term. Salpingectomy! I'm a doctor!!!!

Quick think of substitution for hanging. Tell someone you were hanging your drapes when the phone rang and you are an instant racist, drawer full of bed sheets with eye holes cut in them and the obligatory gasoline soaked cross in your back shed.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Wrong.
Well it's either that or you guys have serious mental problems. I'm optimistic so I rather believe you're simply disingenuous.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:36 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,325,289 times
It's sad. Cindy Hyde-Smith is going to serve six years as Senator when she is elected today. Hyde-Smith is campaigning to represent only Trump supporters and Mike Espy is campaigning to represent all Mississippians. Cindy Hyde-Smith has no record to run on, but she will win.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:37 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times
Quote:
Well it's either that or you guys have serious mental problems. I'm optimistic so I rather believe you're simply disingenuous.
lol & you said you "don't care about what's trendy"? Suu what?

Old 11-27-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
It's sad. Cindy Hyde-Smith is going to serve six years as Senator when she is elected today. Hyde-Smith is campaigning to represent only Trump supporters and Mike Espy is campaigning to represent all Mississippians. Cindy Hyde-Smith has no record to run on, but she will win.
Well I don't know if she will win but if she does it's because Democrats chose to make this election about her word choice instead of policies. It's a repeat of DeSantis over again. No one likes to be told there are words off limits and cannot be used as if they're back in grade school. And the implicit tone in all of this is that Whites cannot say public hanging in Mississippi because some people may search long and hard for hidden meanings. It's just going to energize a bunch of Whites over a stupid non-issue to vote for her to throw Democrats the middle finger.

It doesn't work - this fake outrage, schoolmarmish strategy of the Democratic party.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
lol & you said you "don't care about what's trendy"? Suu what?
Come again? What's trendy about my response to you?

Old 11-27-2018, 07:45 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
The comment is neither racist nor does it infer it is something she would like to do.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:41 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,350,011 times
Quote:
Well I don't know if she will win but if she does it's because Democrats chose to make this election about her word choice instead of policies. It's a repeat of DeSantis over again. No one likes to be told there are words off limits and cannot be used as if they're back in grade school. And the implicit tone in all of this is that Whites cannot say public hanging in Mississippi because some people may search long and hard for hidden meanings. It's just going to energize a bunch of Whites over a stupid non-issue to vote for her to throw Democrats the middle finger.

It doesn't work - this fake outrage, schoolmarmish strategy of the Democratic party.
Nope. You got it exactly backwards and in full denial of the history and context of the history of MS.

She's likely to win because of the structure of the electorate in MS - there are few swing voters and the electorate is divided up with a white majority that votes very heavily Republican, and a smaller but considerable African American electorate (just about 40%) that votes heavily Democratic. Just do the math and even if the black people all turnout - the GOP will win pretty much every time in statewide contests.

So Espy always would be a long shot - but this controversy has made it more competitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections