Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 10:17 AM

25,794 posts, read 17,567,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I wonder how many people who voted for McCain in the past decided to vote for Sinema in 2018, believing that she, not McSally, was more in tune with McCain’s politics?
I wonder how many of those hapless Sinema voters voted Democrat because they thought there was substance to all the Russia/impeachment talk that was promoted by the media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 11:44 AM

3,404 posts, read 2,768,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Way to go!!!!!

Trump will come up with some lame excuse as to why this turned to blue.
You let enough illegals across the border telling them to vote democrat, and anything can happen.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:45 AM

30,775 posts, read 18,548,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I wonder how many of those hapless Sinema voters voted Democrat because they thought there was substance to all the Russia/impeachment talk that was promoted by the media?

Old 03-29-2019, 11:49 AM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Isnt that a worse sign for Trump that she won then ???????

If they voted for a Democrat simply because they hated Trump ?

Old 03-29-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Assuming that they voted for a Democrat because they hated Trump. But my comment (and the comment of the poster I replied to) doesn't suggest or assume that. No, our comments question the impact of the Russia collusion lie on voters' decision to pull the lever for Sinema. If her victory was achieved because voters believed a lie peddled by left wing media and political types over Russia collusion (and we just found out there was no collusion), then that has no bearing on Trump hatred. Of course, I don't know the extent that the Russia collusion lie had on the race, but I think its a fair question to ask.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:14 PM

25,794 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:

The point is, they were told to be suspicious of Trump because he had collaborated with the Russians in some way. And that proved to be false.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Assuming that they voted for a Democrat because they hated Trump. But my comment (and the comment of the poster I replied to) doesn't suggest or assume that. No, our comments question the impact of the Russia collusion lie on voters' decision to pull the lever for Sinema. If her victory was achieved because voters believed a lie peddled by left wing media and political types over Russia collusion (and we just found out there was no collusion), then that has no bearing on Trump hatred. Of course, I don't know the extent that the Russia collusion lie had on the race, but I think its a fair question to ask.
Quote:
The point is, they were told to be suspicious of Trump because he had collaborated with the Russians in some way. And that proved to be false.
Im going to ask a simply question of you 2. Do you accept the Mueller Report , yes or no? Obviously this is a trick question, but maybe you 2 will surprise me.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Im going to ask a simply question of you 2. Do you accept the Mueller Report , yes or no? Obviously this is a trick question, but maybe you 2 will surprise me.
I don't accept the legitimacy of the Mueller Report, because it is the result of an investigation that should have never been launched and one that raises serious ethical questions, etc. Just like I wouldn't accept the legitimacy of a report detailing a drug dealing conspiracy if it was predicated on an investigation that was started based on, say, racial profiling. The process was tainted from the jump; that a report formally concludes something that I was advocating all along doesn't make the report any more legitimate.

But Mueller Report or not, my position and the facts don't change. And that is that there is no Russian collusion.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I don't accept the legitimacy of the Mueller Report, because it is the result of an investigation that should have never been launched and one that raises serious ethical questions, etc. Just like I wouldn't accept the legitimacy of a report detailing a drug dealing conspiracy if it was predicated on an investigation that was started based on, say, racial profiling. The process was tainted from the jump; that a report formally concludes something that I was advocating all along doesn't make the report any more legitimate.

But Mueller Report or not, my position and the facts don't change. And that is that there is no Russian collusion.
Exactly, you cant accept the report's end conclusion because it also means accepting everything Mueller did find.

DTJ attempting to meet with Russians, Cohen fixing polling, multiple Russians actually interfering in the election and trying to contact the Trump Campaign,Hacking the DNC and Clinton, Trump knowing this and not reporting it.

The Mueller report is the equivalent of saying " I cant convict you of murder, but you knew where the body was hidden and didnt tell anyone"

Admitting to supporting the finding of the Mueller reports means admitting that Donald Trump is only one step lower on the ladder than we thought.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Exactly, you cant accept the report's end conclusion because it also means accepting everything Mueller did find.

DTJ attempting to meet with Russians, Cohen fixing polling, multiple Russians actually interfering in the election and trying to contact the Trump Campaign,Hacking the DNC and Clinton, Trump knowing this and not reporting it.

The Mueller report is the equivalent of saying " I cant convict you of murder, but you knew where the body was hidden and didnt tell anyone"

Admitting to supporting the finding of the Mueller reports means admitting that Donald Trump is only one step lower on the ladder than we thought.
It means nothing of the sort, though accepting what Mueller did find isn't the destructive thing that you're making it out to be.

But let's take this line by line.

1) DTJ meeting with a Russian lawyer with the goal of getting dirt on Hillary Clinton is neither scandalous nor illegal, especially if you can't show that the DTJ knew that the dirt being offered was unlawfully gained or that DTJ knew that the Russian lawyer was a Russian agent (I haven't seen anything to claim otherwise). Campaigns regularly seek out dirt on the opposition. This is no bombshell. If you're going to use the fact that the lawyer was a foreign national as the scandalous point (those "bad" Russians ), then you should be just as outraged that the Steele dossier was compiled by a foreign national (and former spy at that). Of course, this doesn't get into the fact that it is undisputed that a foreign government (i.e. Ukraine) is on record admitting that it interfered in our election to help Hillary's campaign . . . of course, this was never major news as there is a serious bias in the media.

2) Cohen is a convicted liar. That he engaged in scandalous and illegal behavior doesn't reflect positively on Trump (his client), but Cohen was a licensed attorney who swore an oath to uphold the law and was supposed to know the law. If he engaged in illegal behavior, he deserved to be locked up. But I don't put much stock into his claims that he was acting under the direction of POTUS given his circumstances.

3) The investigation into Russian interference was separate from the investigation into Russian collusion. It is the former that found that Russians actually hacked the DNC servers and spent tens of thousands on social media ads . . . the Mueller investigation didn't uncover this. Dems and their media lapdogs would have been wise to just focus on Russian interference. Instead, they tried to take down a duly elected president with allegations of collusion with the Russian government and now have egg on their faces.

4) Admitting to supporting the finding of the Mueller report means nothing of the sort that you claim. The findings of the Mueller Report show that multiple people engaged in illegal behavior (either illegal behavior years before the campaign or largely for lying about perfectly legal activity). Allegations that Donald J. Trump engaged in illegal or unethical behavior remain just that. Allegations. Just like allegations that Hillary Clinton sold access to the State Department. Contrary to what the Dems and their media lapdogs want things to be, our legal system still operates under the presumption that you are innocent until proven guilty, drive by efforts to convict someone in the court of public opinion be damned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections