Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 01:57 PM

25,795 posts, read 17,567,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im going to ask a simply question of you 2. Do you accept the Mueller Report , yes or no? Obviously this is a trick question, but maybe you 2 will surprise me.
I'm going to surprise you by ignoring your bait.
Fish on......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 01:57 PM

30,776 posts, read 18,548,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Exactly, you cant accept the report's end conclusion because it also means accepting everything Mueller did find.

DTJ attempting to meet with Russians, Cohen fixing polling, multiple Russians actually interfering in the election and trying to contact the Trump Campaign,Hacking the DNC and Clinton, Trump knowing this and not reporting it.

The Mueller report is the equivalent of saying " I cant convict you of murder, but you knew where the body was hidden and didnt tell anyone"

Admitting to supporting the finding of the Mueller reports means admitting that Donald Trump is only one step lower on the ladder than we thought.
To be clear, though, while I don't accept the legitimacy of the Mueller Report and preceding investigation, I think that it is a political win for President Trump that the investigation did happen (even though I disagree with the fact that it did happen). Indeed, without the investigation, Dems would have been free to run a collusion narrative unchecked, without the possibility of a an independent finding of no collusion. But this report takes this issue off the table and makes Dems and their media lapdogs look like fools.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:50 PM

3,233 posts, read 2,271,415 times
I don't think the Mueller probe had much to do with Sinema winning the Arizona Senate race. She ran a solid campaign and earned support from plenty of former McCain voters, and has demonstrated a better example of bipartisanship than virtually all other senators in these very polarized times. Of the current Democratic caucus, only Manchin from deep-red West Virginia tends to cross the aisle more frequently than she does.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:16 PM

31,400 posts, read 22,390,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I don't think the Mueller probe had much to do with Sinema winning the Arizona Senate race. She ran a solid campaign and earned support from plenty of former McCain voters, and has demonstrated a better example of bipartisanship than virtually all other senators in these very polarized times. Of the current Democratic caucus, only Manchin from deep-red West Virginia tends to cross the aisle more frequently than she does.
Sinema pounded the fact that she was Independant and stated that she crossed the political aisle again and again during her campaign. She also voted with Trump more than 60% of the time. Thats why she won with the majority Independants in our state.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:22 PM

31,400 posts, read 22,390,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And then there's the Blue Island where I live: Tucson! I couldn't be happier hearing the news!
And the Drunken idiot Raul Grijalva would be the Mayor of that Island

Old 03-29-2019, 06:38 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I don't think the probe had much to do with Sinema's win either.

Arizona, especially it's largest population centers, is full of retirees. Those folks aren't all conservatives, and those who are are old-school. Many aren't at all sold on Trump's brand of social conservatism, which appeals more to a slightly younger demographic.

And many aren't poor or working poor. They are retired, and want their health care left alone, just as it is.

McCain knew that, and that's why his last vote as a Senator was the one that killed the Republican attempt at overthrowing the ACA. McCain was their kind of Republican all the way.

Trump would be well advised to lay off slamming him if he ever goes to Arizona to campaign. And he had better avoid talking about killing ObamaCare too.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:34 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I'm going to surprise you by ignoring your bait.
Fish on......
Thats not a surprise, LOL

Old 03-29-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
To be clear, though, while I don't accept the legitimacy of the Mueller Report and preceding investigation, I think that it is a political win for President Trump that the investigation did happen (even though I disagree with the fact that it did happen). Indeed, without the investigation, Dems would have been free to run a collusion narrative unchecked, without the possibility of a an independent finding of no collusion. But this report takes this issue off the table and makes Dems and their media lapdogs look like fools.
Apparently, you are pretending the other things listed in the report are ok to do. That is sad.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:17 PM

8,928 posts, read 4,671,508 times
I haven't read the entire, unredacted Mueller report. When did you folks have a chance to do that?

Old 03-31-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I haven't read the entire, unredacted Mueller report. When did you folks have a chance to do that?
No one said we did, people have plead guilty to these things in court and testified about them, they are public, regardless of when the report comes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections