Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 08:01 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,750,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Buffoonery is not accepting the updated count because it was 2 minutes late.

What is this a high school term paper?
This is why half the country is the way it is. They ignore all rules, regulations, and laws they don't like that they feel don't apply to them when things don't go their way. It's the "participation trophy" mentality that was instilled in many of these people as children that have carried over to them as adults. Enough of this BS. Dems lost, again. They missed all the deadlines, again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 08:09 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,750,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Florida has had since Bush v Gore to get their election chit together and they STILL can't do it. And that includes Governor Rick Scott who had the power to clean up their elections LONG before this.
All reports indicated that numerous people told Scott and State Republicans to remove Snipes and she made it very clear she would be pulling the race card and take it nationally. This is not how you govern a state, city or run a business. The fact that you have to live in constant fear of being called a racist, bigot, fascist etc... because you need to fire and remove a person(s) who is clearly bad at their job is deplorable. Yes, it looks like it's going to work out for Florida and Scott this time around. Scott gave Snipes enough rope to hang herself and I am 99% sure she will be gonzo. However, he played a huge game of chicken with this election that could have really backfired.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:52 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Buffoonery is not accepting the updated count because it was 2 minutes late.

What is this a high school term paper?
late is late. The line has to be drawn somewhere. I wonder what would happen if the polls were closed and just after the doors were locked someone knocked and said they wanted to vote? should the poll workers re-open for them or would they? NOPE and what about the restaurant that has just closed; should they re-open so we can order one more sandwich?

Old 11-17-2018, 11:11 AM

22,256 posts, read 19,575,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
late is late. The line has to be drawn somewhere. I wonder what would happen if the polls were closed and just after the doors were locked someone knocked and said they wanted to vote? should the poll workers re-open for them or would they? NOPE and what about the restaurant that has just closed; should they re-open so we can order one more sandwich?
When it comes down to counting all the votes I think two minutes past a deadline is a bit silly. With that said, the Senate race was headed to a hand recount anyway due to the margin being within 0.25%, so whether or not the machine recount in Broward, Palm Beach and Hillsborugh (a Republican leaning county that had fewer votes in the machine recount so decided not to submit them) was included in the tally or not it wouldn't have impacted the next step in the process.

Old 11-17-2018, 01:05 PM

23,174 posts, read 12,355,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, deadlines for many things are often assessed, then determined if it is a missed deadline, and an extension is granted. The project to submit is assessed on its progress, intended time to submit, etc, then a determination is made to grant an extension.

There are times to have hardened deadlines, such as a bid on a large scale project, but other times, in my opinion this instance, there is no real reason to.

Sounds reasonable at first glance but you know good and well that if an extension is granted it sets a precedent so that all parties will expect an extension to be granted in their case. And if it is not it will devolve into bickering about favoritism and why one side was granted an extension and another side was not.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:03 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,596,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
This is why half the country is the way it is. They ignore all rules, regulations, and laws they don't like that they feel don't apply to them when things don't go their way. It's the "participation trophy" mentality that was instilled in many of these people as children that have carried over to them as adults. Enough of this BS. Dems lost, again. They missed all the deadlines, again.
Are they still counting the faxed and emailed votes which aren't allowed from Bay County? Last I remember that was Republicans.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Are they still counting the faxed and emailed votes which aren't allowed from Bay County? Last I remember that was Republicans.

Link? I thought not...

Old 11-17-2018, 08:56 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,596,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Link? I thought not...
Last I heard it was still in court.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...221703710.html

Old 11-18-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Last I heard it was still in court.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...221703710.html

Well then clearly those should be tossed out. They are quite easily identified. I thought Nelson wanted every vote counted? So rules are rules after all.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:55 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
2 weeks later..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections