Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 02:59 PM

8,928 posts, read 4,664,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You showed me your opinion, not an error, however I did show you your error.

again, either you call all Politicians by their full legal name, or you are a hypocrite.

this is a discussion forum, everyone is "quibbling" The least we can do is get peoples names right.

So are you still saying that the name of the fella is NOT Robert Francis O'Rourke? How is that my "opinion". You have only shown your own ignorance. You know I'm right and you are still wrong. Put on your big girl panties and face the facts.

And remember, you gotta take everything in "context"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 03:07 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,675,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
So are you still saying that the name of the fella is NOT Robert Francis O'Rourke? How is that my "opinion". You have only shown your own ignorance. You know I'm right and you are still wrong. Put on your big girl panties and face the facts.

And remember, you gotta take everything in "context"...
Im saying "ted" and "beto" are both nick names, either its wrong to use them or it isnt. Again, you pick.

I understand that it frustrates you to be proven wrong, but have faith. you will get a w one day. lol

Old 01-02-2019, 03:21 PM

24,224 posts, read 15,280,807 times
Quote:
Im saying "ted" and "beto" are both nick names, either its wrong to use them or it isnt. Again, you pick.

I understand that it frustrates you to be proven wrong, but have faith. you will get a w one day. lol

Old 01-02-2019, 03:21 PM

7,412 posts, read 2,729,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
So I haven't heard this guy speak, but his bio is pretty telling. Sounds like he grew up as a trust fund kid. Went off to boarding school. Got his DWI doing the frat thing. Trust funded it off his family living it up in NYC without getting a real job. Then, decided to do something like community organizing back in El Paso. Haven't we learned our lesson from similar characters in the past? How is this guy popular?
Strategy to divide the Democrats? Not falling for it. Big tent. Lots of ideas. Stick to ruining the Republican Party with your methods.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:06 PM

8,928 posts, read 4,664,542 times
Quote:

lol - Sorry, but you haven't come close to proving anyone wrong. I merely pointed out that Beta or Beto is not the name of the individual in question. Or do you think his name is Ted instead? What's to pick?

But if you want to keep showing your ignorance, go ahead, as is your wont. Just keep it in context. And I'll let you have the last word, as I know you can't resist.

p.s. And if the best you can say about him is to defend how his not-name is spelled, he is in deep trouble. This thread is about how unimpressive he is, and you have managed to prove that in spades!

Last edited by Buckeye77; 01-02-2019 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-02-2019, 04:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,341,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yup.

Just like I didn't believe the hacks at WaPo when they said Trump couldn't beat Hillary. Why in the world to you continue to accept what they have to say about anything without thought or question? They are part of the very establishment that is working hard to manufacture a fake "image" for beta.
It's very ironic that anyone would question how 'real' Beto is, while constantly apologizing for and defending a reality tv host who wears layers and layers of makeup, fake tans, fake hair, fake marriage, fake gold furniture, phony kids. But Rump is real? Not.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:40 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It's very ironic that anyone would question how 'real' Beto is, while constantly apologizing for and defending a reality tv host who wears layers and layers of makeup, fake tans, fake hair, fake marriage, fake gold furniture, phony kids. But Rump is real? Not.
I never denied any of that about Trump. I challenge you to find any post where I have.

Yet again, you got nothing Enigma777 because while you attempt to paste me with this nonsense, we all know you ignored it 100% when it came to the Clintons.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:44 PM

24,224 posts, read 15,280,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

So true Thanks for the laugh. It was worth spitting out my wine.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,641,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Strategy to divide the Democrats? Not falling for it. Big tent. Lots of ideas. Stick to ruining the Republican Party with your methods.
Yes. You will see it trotted out often and early and by the usual suspects.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:54 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,363,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
lol - Sorry, but you haven't come close to proving anyone wrong. I merely pointed out that Beta or Beto is not the name of the individual in question. Or do you think his name is Ted instead? What's to pick?

But if you want to keep showing your ignorance, go ahead, as is your wont. Just keep it in context. And I'll let you have the last word, as I know you can't resist.

p.s. And if the best you can say about him is to defend how his not-name is spelled, he is in deep trouble. This thread is about how unimpressive he is, and you have managed to prove that in spades!

Beto is a common Hispanic abbreviation for Roberto (or Robert) not unlike that Ted is an abbreviation for Edward. Now Robert O'Rourke was glossed "Beto" by friends and family since childhood. I'm not sure of the motivation that made Rafael go with Ted. Maybe it was a Canadian thing.

As far as Beta goes, that's Waldo's trying to be clever saying he's a beta male, as opposed to those desirable "alphas". Basically trying to call him a **** without breaking TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections