Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 07:47 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm guessing you are underestimating Beto.
Dear, it's you guys who are making the argument that someone who spends $80M to lose bigly to lying Ted Cruz is going to go far as a national Presidential candidate.

I don't argue that if he holds a rally in front of some stoners, he might get some traction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 07:54 AM

42,832 posts, read 26,588,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear, it's you guys who are making the argument that someone who spends $80M to lose bigly to lying Ted Cruz is going to go far as a national Presidential candidate.
I don't argue that if he holds a rally in front of some stoners, he might get some traction.
Dear, you and your conservative cohorts on this forum seem to be the only ones obsessed with Beto. I'm not impressed by him but judging by your attempts to demean him I'm starting to wonder if I should rethink my position, maybe he might actually be the one to beat Trump.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Dear, you and your conservative cohorts on this forum seem to be the only ones obsessed with Beto. I'm not impressed by him but judging by your attempts to demean him I'm starting to wonder if I should rethink my position, maybe he might actually be the one to beat Trump.

So nothing from you either about why "beh toe" is going to make to be elected President. But if you are giving me the power to decide for you as to who to vote for, then go look up what "easily influenced" means. But I'll be glad to do what I can to help.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:05 AM

42,832 posts, read 26,588,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So nothing from you either about why "beh toe" is going to make to be elected President. But if you are giving me the power to decide for you as to who to vote for, then go look up what "easily influenced" means. But I'll be glad to do what I can to help.
What I said was pretty clear...your obsession with him infers that conservatives consider him to be a threat to Trump, I will vote for anyone who can beat Trump so I need to pay more attention to what it is about Beto that has Trumpers shaking in their boots

Old 03-20-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What I said was pretty clear...your obsession with him infers that conservatives consider him to be a threat to Trump, I will vote for anyone who can beat Trump so I need to pay more attention to what it is about Beto that has Trumpers shaking in their boots

Your opinion of me is irrelevant. You get that don't you? But I do seem to remember that you said similar to me when I talked about how Hillary was going tl lose. I'd think you might have learnt lesson from this.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:52 AM

9,467 posts, read 9,422,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Where he currently stands on healthcare:

“While campaigning in Iowa on Friday and over the weekend, O’Rourke backed away from his previous support for Bernie Sanders’ single-payer bill. The former Senate candidate told an audience that he was “no longer sure” it was “the fastest way” to achieve “guaranteed, high-quality universal health care for all.” Instead, he talked up another piece of legislation currently kicking around Congress known as “Medicare for America.””

https://slate.com/business/2019/03/b...l-america.html

Link to the proposal for “Medicare for America” here:

“Medicare for America achieves universal coverage while preserving quality employer-sponsored insurance for those who have it and are satisfied. Americans who are uninsured or do not have employer-sponsored insurance—including those on the individual market—would be auto-enrolled into Medicare for America.”

https://delauro.house.gov/media-cent...dicare-america

Uh, what did Trump stand for in the beginning except that he believed Mexicans were “murderers and rapists”?? Remember how he and his very unprofessionally dressed wife came dramatically down the escalator in Trump Tower? The funniest part of that is that Trump had to hire actors to fill up the balcony above to cheer for him! LOLOLOL. What a con artist and fool Trump was. (And is.)

Old 03-20-2019, 11:03 AM

9,467 posts, read 9,422,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He is the worse so far of the candidates, there is something not right in his head.
Trump??
1). Narcissistic Personality Disorder
2). DSM - “You. Are. Nuts.”

Old 03-20-2019, 11:38 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,804,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Uh, what did Trump stand for in the beginning except that he believed Mexicans were “murderers and rapists”?? Remember how he and his very unprofessionally dressed wife came dramatically down the escalator in Trump Tower? The funniest part of that is that Trump had to hire actors to fill up the balcony above to cheer for him! LOLOLOL. What a con artist and fool Trump was. (And is.)
Trump has always only stood for hating the same people that his supporters hate.
That seems to be enough for them.

Despite all of the rallies, he has made little, if any attempt to listen to anyone other than fellow members of his swamp. For all of the caterwauling about bringing back factory jobs, etc., one of his biggest initiatives - tariffs - has irreparably harmed and/or ruined many businesses that Trump country depends on.
People warned that this would happen. He did not listen.

Now we have a candidate who is making a point of talking to people one-on-one and this is somehow a bad thing.
Of course, ultimately Mr. O'Rourke's platform will consist of the usual suspects - healthcare, the economy, infrastructure... but maybe, just maybe, it will also include more than just the usual platitudes.
If nothing else, he'll have at least proven himself to actually be a people's candidate.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:50 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,594,424 times
Here are some photos from O'Rourke's visit to Penn State University earlier this week.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/0...enn-state.html

Old 03-20-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Uh, what did Trump stand for in the beginning except that he believed Mexicans were “murderers and rapists”?? ...
Incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections