Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 07:04 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,769,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
No big deal; just an observation. If I remember correctly, learned is usually used in America and Canada and learnt is used in the rest of the English speaking world.
I know. YOur point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 09:35 AM
JRR

8,235 posts, read 5,740,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I know. YOur point?
Just an observation

Old 03-24-2019, 06:59 AM

25,836 posts, read 20,776,320 times
South Carolina recap here:

“Rob Godfrey, spokesman and deputy chief of staff for former Republican Gov. Nikki Haley, came away impressed after coming down to the Charleston town hall to see what the hype was all about for himself.
for himself.

“Now that I’ve seen him in person, it’s clear to me why Republicans are concerned about him,” Godfrey said. “He’s authentic, his message is good, and the energy and enthusiasm surrounding his campaign are real.”“

https://www.postandcourier.com/polit...iYwrEH0YXCRAm8

Next stop Las Vegas.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:04 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,569,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
South Carolina recap here:

“Rob Godfrey, spokesman and deputy chief of staff for former Republican Gov. Nikki Haley, came away impressed after coming down to the Charleston town hall to see what the hype was all about for himself.
for himself.

“Now that I’ve seen him in person, it’s clear to me why Republicans are concerned about him,” Godfrey said. “He’s authentic, his message is good, and the energy and enthusiasm surrounding his campaign are real.”“

https://www.postandcourier.com/polit...iYwrEH0YXCRAm8

Next stop Las Vegas.
The Republicans on C-D are very concerned too. All kinds of nonsense personal attacks that sound like they are coming from an 8 year old. Entertaining. They are afraid of him winning the presidency as they see the potential.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:15 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,109,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The Republicans on C-D are very concerned too. All kinds of nonsense personal attacks that sound like they are coming from an 8 year old. Entertaining. They are afraid of him winning the presidency as they see the potential.
Agreed. I keeep saying that. I really don’t have an opinion on Beto yet and since I’m an Independent and my state holds close primaries I won’t be voting in them but all these threads thrashing Beto makes me more likely to look at him because it’s obvious the Trumpeteers are afraid of him

Old 03-24-2019, 06:18 PM

Las Vegas:

“Beto O’Rourke’s official kickoff rallies aren’t happening until March 30, but he’s seeing a surge of interest in his local meetups and town halls as he travels the country. Today in Las Vegas, so many people showed up for his event at a local coffeehouse that he ended up jumping onto a car outside in the parking lot and delivering a speech to the crowd that was so packed, it was impossible to drive.
Before he started his official meetup, he jumped on top of a car to address the huge overflow crowd outside. Everyone cheered as he got on the car, because he’s pretty well known for liking to stand on things like tables and counters. Now he’s upgraded to cars.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/beto-...m9lci8pO9stpxI

Old 03-28-2019, 10:01 AM

What happens when you show up:

"Beto O’Rourke used a two-day, 185-mile sprint through South Carolina last week in part to introduce himself to a powerful bloc of voters whose support will be pivotal to winning the Democratic presidential nomination: African-Americans.
"Just because a white man is running doesn’t mean he’s not going to get our vote,” said Herbert Smith, a sophomore business major. "If he continues to show his words to the black community — not just to the black community, but to the Latino community, and other people of different diversities — if he keeps on showing that love and support, he might just win.”"

An interesting stat from his Texas senate race:

"O’Rourke has performed well with African-American voters in the past. In his closer-than-expected loss in Texas last year to Sen. Ted Cruz, the Republican incumbent, he won 89 percent of the African-American vote, and fully 94 percent of African-American women, according to exit polling."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...voters-n987436

Old 03-29-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:

"Beto O’Rourke used a two-day, 185-mile sprint through South Carolina last week in part to introduce himself to a powerful bloc of voters whose support will be pivotal to winning the Democratic presidential nomination: African-Americans.
"Just because a white man is running doesn’t mean he’s not going to get our vote,” said Herbert Smith, a sophomore business major. "If he continues to show his words to the black community — not just to the black community, but to the Latino community, and other people of different diversities — if he keeps on showing that love and support, he might just win.”"

An interesting stat from his Texas senate race:

"O’Rourke has performed well with African-American voters in the past. In his closer-than-expected loss in Texas last year to Sen. Ted Cruz, the Republican incumbent, he won 89 percent of the African-American vote, and fully 94 percent of African-American women, according to exit polling."
He isn't trying to win the general election. He's trying to win the SC Primary.

The AA vote is going to Harris. The White vote is going to be split between him, Bernie and the others.

i.e. Harris is projected to win the SC primary by wide margin.

One look at the crowds, when you can actually find a photo of it, shows the difference.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:

Charleston is the 2nd largest metro in SC. This is all that showed up for Beta.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...d417.image.jpg

Looks like about 300 to me. Lot's of media hype. Couldn't even fill up 1/2 of a HS gym.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:06 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,569,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Harris is projected to win the SC primary by wide margin.
So you believe the polls now? I thought you said they aren't trustworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections