Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 07:45 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
A rally from 9-11 am on a work Monday? Not likely to draw a crowd with the election so far away.

He isn't going to be the Presidential nominee.
Any excuse. There are 95,000 people within walking distance of that particular site. And one of the transit trains goes right by there. LOL

What is that in that photo? 40 people? And some of them are from the teevee. Though even they gave it scant coverage today.

"beh toe" is sinking fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,807,150 times
From last night’s town hall:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ll-sot-vpx.cnn

I didn’t see all of it, but what I did see left me impressed.
He answered the questions directly and urged people to contact him after with any questions they still wanted to ask.

He may not be the current flavor of the month, but I still believe he brings a lot to the table.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:42 PM

His immigration plan was released today.

“Presidential candidate and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) on Wednesday unveiled an immigration plan that would create a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented people within his first 100 days in office.

"This innovative plan overcomes a generation of inaction to finally rewrite our immigration laws in our own image — reflecting our values, the reality of the border, the best interests of our communities, and the longstanding traditions of a country comprised of families from the world over,” O’Rourke said in a statement.”

I particularly like this part:

“O’Rourke said that on his first day in office he would use executive actions to undo the “cruel and cynical policies of the Trump Administration” before legislation could be passed.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...for-11-million

Old 06-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Beto, still out there, doing Beto things.

The latest policy announcement:

"Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke on Wednesday morning released a broad campaign proposal that aims to make voting easier, reduce the influence of money in politics and raise ethical standards for elected officials.

The plan, the third policy rollout of O'Rourke's campaign, sets ambitious goals: increasing the number of registered voters in the United States by 50 million, pushing the turnout rate to a record-high 65% and driving 35 million new voters to the polls in 2024, the biggest increase ever in a presidential election."

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06...ans-2020-race/

And some coverage of his visit to parts of Oklahoma that have been ravaged by storms, tornadoes, etc.

"Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke toured some flood damage in Oklahoma as the waters began to recede and storm-weary residents gutted waterlogged homes.

O'Rourke said Sunday that if he is elected, he will direct federal grants to invest in communities before natural disasters strike because they are expected to get worse as the global climate warms."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/polit...lan/index.html

"Al-Michael, also an OU junior, said meeting with O’Rourke and discussing issues facing Oklahomans was “exciting,” especially because Democratic presidential candidates have tended to overlook Oklahoma.

Al-Michael said O’Rourke was interested in learning more about political issues in Oklahoma and understanding how the federal government can best help local government and the state's citizens."

Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke visits Oklahoma, meets with local Democratic leaders after "historic flood" | News | oudaily.com

Old 06-09-2019, 09:48 PM

8,927 posts, read 4,670,010 times
Robert Francis O'Rourke is now polling at about 2% and sinking fast

Old 06-10-2019, 07:44 AM

9,467 posts, read 9,423,440 times
Mayor Pete Buttigieg is rising fast in the polls. He is calmer and a vet and replacing Beto.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:02 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,743,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
His immigration plan was released today.

“Presidential candidate and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) on Wednesday unveiled an immigration plan that would create a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented people within his first 100 days in office.

"This innovative plan overcomes a generation of inaction to finally rewrite our immigration laws in our own image — reflecting our values, the reality of the border, the best interests of our communities, and the longstanding traditions of a country comprised of families from the world over,” O’Rourke said in a statement.”

I particularly like this part:

“O’Rourke said that on his first day in office he would use executive actions to undo the “cruel and cynical policies of the Trump Administration” before legislation could be passed.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...for-11-million
Beto needs to forget about legalizing the illegals and concentrate on how to make Americans’ lives better. We haven’t had illegals at 11 million since the late 80s.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Beto needs to forget about legalizing the illegals and concentrate on how to make Americans’ lives better. We haven’t had illegals at 11 million since the late 80s.
I'm pretty sure that his campaign has some sort of contact info.
Probably best to take this up with him directly.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:21 AM

42,835 posts, read 26,594,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Robert Francis O'Rourke is now polling at about 2% and sinking fast
I don't like him, he waves his hands around too much (so does Bernie Sanders) and jumping on tables is not a good look for a Presidential candidate. My personal preference at this point is Pete Buttigieg, he's wicked smart and seems down to earth

Old 06-11-2019, 08:43 AM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't like him, he waves his hands around too much (so does Bernie Sanders) and jumping on tables is not a good look for a Presidential candidate. My personal preference at this point is Pete Buttigieg, he's wicked smart and seems down to earth
There are lots of hollering hand-wavers now.

Pete is smart for sure, and I tend to think his mellower style is something a lot of voters appreciate now.

Everyone can only stand so much confrontation, anger, and hand-waving before they grow tired of it and want someone who's less emotional and is calmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections