Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 10:30 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,731,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I thought the same thing about Julian Castro during the debate. I used to like him...
Julian Castro did nothing but raise taxes and feed his pet programs when I lived in San Antonio. I knew what he was about years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 08:15 AM

52,701 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I see Trumplings are very eager to hope that Beto is finished.

That was what most of Texas thought at this point in 2017.

Stay tuned.

staying tuned. your boy beta at 0% in new hampshire

BETO BOTTOMS OUT: O’Rourke at 0% in New Hampshire poll — was at 6.4% in April

Old 07-17-2019, 11:07 AM

8,509 posts, read 8,834,398 times
The main "pet project" that Castro raised sales taxes for was a pre-kindergarten education program. Early education is generally considered an investment than more than pays for itself thru proper mental development (especially for kids not blessed with the best parental guidance or financial means).

Old 07-17-2019, 11:13 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,857,135 times
Don't you love these old threads?

Yeah, Beto's polling at 0% now lmao.

¡Adios!

Old 07-17-2019, 06:24 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,342,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
At least according to this article.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...primary-995353

We shall see, I think one thing we tend to notice with elections is that the candidate who announces intentions to run too early doesn't win. Probably due to our short attention spans and our predilection for new shiny things.

The takeaway seems to be that Beto O'Rourke is a dynamic personality who donors see has having great fundraising potential, so people are holding off on endorsing candidates until they know whether or not Beto is running.
Robert Francis O'Rourke. Why does he always dance around like he's about to wet his pants? The man can't stand still! And he's always flailing his arms. Why? What is wrong with him?

Old 07-17-2019, 06:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,342,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
^^^
Aren't you glad that we have a corrupt self-dealing billionaire in the White House?

Corrupt?

Obama was the most corrupt President, and his Administration the most corrupt in U.S. history, and even Newt Gingrich, historian and former Speaker, has said so. Compared to Obama, Trump is a Saint!

No corruption in this administration. If you think there is, let's hear it, and don't quote CNN or MSNBC. Just the facts.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:05 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,421,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Corrupt?

Obama was the most corrupt President, and his Administration the most corrupt in U.S. history, and even Newt Gingrich, historian and former Speaker, has said so. Compared to Obama, Trump is a Saint!

No corruption in this administration. If you think there is, let's hear it, and don't quote CNN or MSNBC. Just the facts.
Says you. Don't go quoting Fox either.

Who's the only guy who is more corrupt than Trump? Newt Gingrich. Compared to Newt, Donald is a saint.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,388,478 times
Quote:
Corrupt?

Newt Gringrich is a Right Wing kool-Aid drinker. Brilliant, but a political nut-case.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:44 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,388,478 times
Quote:
Robert Francis O'Rourke. Why does he always dance around like he's about to wet his pants? The man can't stand still! And he's always flailing his arms. Why? What is wrong with him?
Beto has lots of energy (which is actually a good thing in a President). Plus, he's very expressive. But I agree that he should tone down some of the frequent movement.

I like Mayor Pete. He’s aware of the facts and is calm, but extremely smart and well informed. I think he could beat Trump.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:00 AM

42,867 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
You and I don't usually agree on much...but you are spot on about O'Rourke, watching him jumping on tables and waving his hands around is annoying to the point that I can't even listen to what he's saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections