Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 10:49 AM

24,219 posts, read 15,280,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
No.
I'm saying that people who voted for Trump should be careful about throwing stones from their glass houses.

As for the DUI, etc., did he deny it? Say it never happened?
Did he (try to) pay-off the victim(s) to keep them quiet?
Have there been repeated incidents?

Is there a history of this sort of behavior?

Interesting that you choose to tar someone with ONE incident while excusing so many from someone else.

Or are you saying that if Trump had had a similar incident in his background, you wouldn't have voted for him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 10:53 AM

15,687 posts, read 10,486,889 times
Quote:
No.
I'm saying that people who voted for Trump should be careful about throwing stones from their glass houses.

As for the DUI, etc., did he deny it? Say it never happened?
Did he (try to) pay-off the victim(s) to keep them quiet?
Have there been repeated incidents?

Is there a history of this sort of behavior?

Interesting that you choose to tar someone with ONE incident while excusing so many from someone else.

Or are you saying that if Trump had had a similar incident in his background, you wouldn't have voted for him?
I'm not going to defend trump's immorality. Never have. He is an immoral guy, dislikeable, sexist, and likely most of the other adjectives many have called him. I don't like his morals, but I voted for him because the alternative was a person whose platform went against everything I want for america. Trump has done a pretty good job IMO. He has governed pretty conservatively.

You complain often on this forum about trump's immorality then condone or at least excuse beto's immorality. You are a hypocrite. Admit it. Morals aren't important to you, either. Issues are important to you and you prefer Beto's views to Trump's views.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-11-2018 at 11:13 AM..

Old 12-11-2018, 10:58 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,335,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm not going to defend trump's immorality. Never have. He is an immoral guy, dislikeable, sexist, and likely most of the other adjectives many have called him. I don't like his morals, but I voted for him because the alternative was a person whose platform was against everything I want for america. Trump has done a pretty good job IMO. He has governed pretty conservatively.

You complain often on this forum about trump's immorality then condone or at least excuse beto's immorality. You are a hypocrite.
Hello pot, meet kettle.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:03 AM

20,364 posts, read 9,241,237 times
lmao ... Beto better concentrate on winning a Senate seat before taking his show on the road.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:55 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,751,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
do you really need me to explain public record of drunk driving, and burglary ??

Wow it took minimal Google research to understand the depth of your disingenuousness in objecting that Beto is a "criminal." He had one DWI charge in college, and the "burglary" arrest was when he and his college buddies were messing around and snuck under the fence at the physical plant on the UTEP campus, thereby setting off an alarm. The university decided not to press charges. They didn't even steal anything. Further, Beto has also consistently owned up to both arrests.

As a voter, this would not dissuade me from voting for him.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:27 AM

29,250 posts, read 22,547,950 times
I have Beto's criminal record beat.

I once got a DWI in college riding a bicycle.

I once snuck over the fence while in college and was busted swimming in a motel pool for guests only.

And I once did a weekend in jail for failing to get my license plates changed after I moved to another state. To go to college.

My college years gave me my entire lifetime rap sheet.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:54 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,315,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
But he almost won in Texas. He could have if it wasn't for the heavily energized white evangelical vote in response to the Kavannaugh debacle.

Beto could easily win the Rust Belt and might have a chance at purple states Obama won like Florida and North Carolina. Texas might actually be competitive as well. So what if the state still goes to Trump, if the GOP has to spend money there to defend it, that already isn't good.
Nope. Immigration and the 2nd Amendment will mean he doesn't win the Rust Belt. Dems need to figure those two issues out. Just like the Hispanic friends I have who are incensed by illegals jumping the line, there are plenty of Democrat gun owners who will balk at Beto due to his support for an"assault" weapon ban and 10 round magazine law.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,751,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I have Beto's criminal record beat.

I once got a DWI in college riding a bicycle.

I once snuck over the fence while in college and was busted swimming in a motel pool for guests only.

And I once did a weekend in jail for failing to get my license plates changed after I moved to another state. To go to college.

My college years gave me my entire lifetime rap sheet.

You DISGUSTING criminal. I'm appalled I tell you! I appalled! Now, on the other hand if you started a sham university and scammed ordinary Americans out of hundreds of thousands of dollars that would've been perfectly fine.

Actually, just be mean to the people I don't like and everything else you do is A-Okay.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:12 AM

25,856 posts, read 20,798,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao ... Beto better concentrate on winning a Senate seat before taking his show on the road.
Why?

What office did Trump hold before being elected?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:06 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,335,073 times
Quote:
Why?

What office did Trump hold before being elected?

Trump was/is so inherently unqualified for the position he holds you could make a case for the viable candidacy of a trained seal with a horn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections