Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 06:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,646,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Since we're making up popular votes that don't actually exist, shouldn't we look at much lower races nationwide to see if their popular votes lean towards dems? What other popular votes can we create to give democrats false hope for 2020?
I see you are still working through the tremendous loss of the house. It may take a while for you to process it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 08:07 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,088,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I see you are still working through the tremendous loss of the house. It may take a while for you to process it all.
6 - 12 months ago I fully expected a ~65 seat loss in the House and a ~7 seat loss in the Senate giving Dems full control of Congress along with a sweep of State governorships. I live in Texas and had to mull over the idea of Beto winning. I expected Kavanaugh to be Trump's last SCOTUS appointment... hell last judicial appointment ever for that matter.

It indeed will take a while for me to process what took place during the midterms, I'm still shocked at what happened in FL and ATL. Considering the hype around these midterms and what was "supposed" to happen, I'm downright happy and you fools sound ignorant as hell trying to project this BS onto me when we all know you fully expected these midterms to be a whole lot worse for Republicans.

Dems have been talking about this massive inevitable blue wave for most of 2018 and you lost ground in the Senate.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:31 AM

20,996 posts, read 9,718,963 times
Quote:
6 - 12 months ago I fully expected a ~65 seat loss in the House and a ~7 seat loss in the Senate giving Dems full control of Congress along with a sweep of State governorships....
Uh huh, sure. You'd be the only person in the world to have expected that.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Uh huh, sure. You'd be the only person in the world to have expected that.
You're joking right? The media has been pushing the idea of a massive blue wave for a year or more now, we've seen the left talk about it here daily.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...-its-a-monster

Old 11-27-2018, 08:55 AM

Not remotely to the degree you just described. Nobody in the world except maybe you thought the democrats would GAIN 7 seats in the senate, and almost nobody in the world except you thought the democrats would gain 65 seats in the house. Basically you just made up the numbers in your reply to Ringo1 in a transparently fake attempt to make it look like you were relieved at the results rather than disappointed.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Not remotely to the degree you just described. Nobody in the world except maybe you thought the democrats would GAIN 7 seats in the senate, and almost nobody in the world except you thought the democrats would gain 65 seats in the house. Basically you just made up the numbers in your reply to Ringo1 in a transparently fake attempt to make it look like you were relieved at the results rather than disappointed.
I am relieved, I think it's pretty evident that most conservatives like myself are quite relieved that dems only gained control of the lower house of Congress. Things could have been disastrous at best but baseless, retaliatory impeachment of the President has basically been taken off the table and he's still easily able to appoint judges to the bench.

But hey just ignore all that, ignore what I'm saying, act as if I'm not even replying to you and just make more ignorant statements about me coping with a crushing loss, just ignore all logic and say what makes you feel better.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:07 AM

Uh huh, sure.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Uh huh, sure.
Just breathe deep and pet your cats until you forget about this thread, you'll be ok.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:37 AM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,013 times
Quote:
Just breathe deep and pet your cats until you forget about this thread, you'll be ok.
You’re not fooling anyone, except perhaps yourself.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:41 AM

29,639 posts, read 16,680,256 times
Quote:
You're joking right? The media has been pushing the idea of a massive blue wave for a year or more now, we've seen the left talk about it here daily.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...-its-a-monster
Are you telling me, you took all this time to try and find an article that actually backed up your claim, and the best you could do was a Vanity Fair article where they quote FiveThirtyEight and their highest prediction is a Democratic gain of 35 seats ?????????????????

Quote:
he best macro-analysis of whether Democrats will take back the House comes from national polling models developed by outfits like FiveThirtyEight, which currently shows Democrats with an 81.8 percent chance of winning the House. They need to pick up 23 seats to do so. But Micah Cohen, the managing editor of FiveThirtyEight, said that while their analysis could indicate a blue wave, “the data also suggests that Dems could gain a dozen or so seats and that would also be in line with the data.”
Quote:
The safest thing to say is that Democrats might take the House, and they probably won’t take the Senate.
You are seriously struggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections