Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 02:26 AM

15,783 posts, read 9,644,908 times

Advertisements

It's really hard to follow the Harris/McCready election story and not see that Harris is a crook who was in on the fraud from the get go. You really have to be wearing Republican-colored sunglasses not to be able to admit that. John Harris told his father in 2016 that there was something wrong with the primary results that year and what does Mark Harris do? Does he go to the election board or the press? No, he hires the guy responsible for the "abnormalities." Hey, if you can't beat them, hire them! Here is what the Charlotte Observer wrote about an exchange between Mark Harris and his son --
Quote:
“The key thing that I am fairly certain they do that is illegal is that they collect the completed absentee ballots and mail them all at once,” John Harris wrote.

In a later email, he warned of the possible political ramifications. He wrote that if Pittenger and not Johnson had gotten the 221 mail-in absentee ballots in the 2016 primary, he would have advocated going to the press with his data.

“Good test is if you’re comfortable with the full process he uses being broadcast on the news,” John Harris wrote.

“Thanks so much,” Mark Harris replied 15 minutes later.

Less than two weeks later on April 20, Mark Harris made his first payment to Dowless.
When questions arose about the election, Harris did not come clean or play nice. He blamed the GOP's favorite bogeymen, the press and Democrats.
Quote:
...telling a Republican gathering in early February that “the Democrats and liberal media have spared no expense disparaging my good name.”

Harris reiterated in multiple media interviews — some of them taped interviews that McCready lawyers planned to show had Harris’ testimony continued — that no one warned him or raised any red flags about Dowless.
Now that he "saw the light" and himself called for a new election, he's blaming it on his health scare.
Quote:
When Harris returned to the stand, he said: “It’s been brought to my attention that I talked to my younger son two nights ago about the fact that I did not think John’s emails would be part of this hearing.”

Harris spent more than a week in the hospital in late January with a severe infection. Harris said Thursday he suffered two strokes during that time. He traveled to Charlotte for treatment on Wednesday night after John’s testimony and returned to Raleigh on Thursday morning for his own turn as a witness.

“Though I thought I was ready to undergo the rigors of this hearing and am getting stronger, I clearly am not,” Harris said in his final statement. “And I struggled this morning with both recall and confusion.”
The GOP will disinvest themselves of this POS, as well they should. Quotes from here --

Harris took ‘step of faith.’ Now his election must be redone and future is uncertain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 07:12 AM

15,783 posts, read 9,644,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Look for a new GOP candidate to announce he intends to run -- former Charlotte mayor and North Carolina governor Pat McCory.
I really thought Mayor Pat was going to run as he tweeted out he would make an announcement on his WBT radio show this morning. But the announcement was that he would not seek the D9 seat. I was hoping he would run as he is absolutely terrible as a radio host.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:08 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Look for a new GOP candidate to announce he intends to run -- former Charlotte mayor and North Carolina governor Pat McCory.

He just announced he IS NOT running. Like all the other conclusions you have drawn, colored by your partisan glasses, it was 100% wrong. I can't imagine why McCrory would want that seat given what he has said in the past.

I already said, some time ago in this topic, Harris will not be allowed to take the seat, nobody will go to jail for fraud, and someone else in the GOP (not Pittinger) will take that seat in the primary. That prediction has held true so far.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:29 AM

14,512 posts, read 14,496,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He just announced he IS NOT running. Like all the other conclusions you have drawn, colored by your partisan glasses, it was 100% wrong. I can't imagine why McCrory would want that seat given what he has said in the past.

I already said, some time ago in this topic, Harris will not be allowed to take the seat, nobody will go to jail for fraud, and someone else in the GOP (not Pittinger) will take that seat in the primary. That prediction has held true so far.
Thanks for today's laugh. No one views things through a partisan lens as much as you do.

Harris is actually a pretty pitiful person. I am sure the GOP can find someone better.

The democrats may actually have a shot at this seat--if there is no cheating this time.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Thanks for today's laugh. No one views things through a partisan lens as much as you do.

Harris is actually a pretty pitiful person. I am sure the GOP can find someone better.

The democrats may actually have a shot at this seat--if there is no cheating this time.
One problem with you about that laughing. I've been right.

Cheating, if any, has yet to be proved. We still ONLY have allegations and hearsay.

As far as the Democrats go, McCready and others spent close to $7M on that seat, in a district drawn to make it easier for the Democrats, and still couldn't take it home. This against a very flawed candidate. And yes, Harris was deeply flawed. Nobody wanted him and had it not been for Pittenger's issues, he would not have taken it in the primary.

It doesn't speak well of McCready's chances, though he's going to go after it again. That much is clear. And even if he does win, it won't mean much. The district must be redrawn before the 2020 election by the GOP controlled GA. They will be running for it again in 12 months.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:32 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,525,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
One problem with you about that laughing. I've been right.

Cheating, if any, has yet to be proved. We still ONLY have allegations and hearsay.

As far as the Democrats go, McCready and others spent close to $7M on that seat, in a district drawn to make it easier for the Democrats, and still couldn't take it home. This against a very flawed candidate. And yes, Harris was deeply flawed. Nobody wanted him and had it not been for Pittenger's issues, he would not have taken it in the primary.

It doesn't speak well of McCready's chances, though he's going to go after it again. That much is clear. And even if he does win, it won't mean much. The district must be redrawn before the 2020 election by the GOP controlled GA. They will be running for it again in 12 months.

Pittenger was the "Pitts" as a representative,-another slightly-to-the-right of Attila the Hun, "pro-business, the consumer-be-damned" type, who is no longer representative of the 9th district. Good riddence to the Homophobic, Holy-Roller Harris as well! Harris couldn't possibly consider himself a viable candidate at this point. His self-admitted strokes call into question his judgement. If he had walked up to Nancy Pelosi and said "Mommy, is that you?" it'll have saved the Republican party the cost of a big net!

McCready is a little more conservative than I like, but will be a much better representative for the 9th (where I live, BTW) than the 2 RWNJs would have been.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Pittenger was the "Pitts" as a representative....
No he wasn't. I lived in District 9 before it was redrawn and Pittenger did some really good things for this constituents including getting the idiotic FAA to reverse some of the changes it made that increased airplane noise over significant parts of Western & Northern Mecklenburg by CLT.

But if you have some real reason for saying that he didn't carry his district's concerns to DC, which is what they are supposed to do, then please give specific examples. Sounds like you are simply projecting your own issues onto something you know little about.

McCready is a lobbyist. He dances all around that this IS how he earns an income. He's nothing but a place holder because that seat won't say in his hands should he gain it. Someone of McCrory's caliber would easily take D9 from him, but this is too small potatoes for McCrory these days.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:38 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Nita,

What about the post you responded to wasn't true?? A new Election was ordered as a result of the actions that occurred in NC-9....
I am aware of that but we don't know the entire story and my point was simply what about NM? Has anyone said anything about that or the possibility of fraud there? Nope, let's only look at one side!! I am wiling to bet there is a lot more behind a lot of elections than we the public knows. That being said we probably have the best and most system in the world.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lands - have you been paying attention to NC at ALL? It's all true - hate to burst your bubble but Harris's son actually broke down and TOLD THE TRUTH on the stand - that he warned his homophobic, baptist minister father NOT to commit election fraud but he did anyway.

A new election has been called. Harris will likely be prosecuted.
Hate to break it to you, but I probably spend more time paying attention to what is going on than you or most other than maybe smash and a few others on here. The one thing I am willing to bet is you only read and listen to one side of the news. I try to pay attention to both.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lands - have you been paying attention to NC at ALL? It's all true - hate to burst your bubble but Harris's son actually broke down and TOLD THE TRUTH on the stand - that he warned his homophobic, baptist minister father NOT to commit election fraud but he did anyway.

A new election has been called. Harris will likely be prosecuted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
This is about NC, not NM. It's also about election fraud, not voter fraud. This is absolutely true. It's fraud committed by a GOP operative who was hired by a GOP candidate in spite of warnings from his own son, who is an assistant federal attorney in the eastern district of NC.
Well either way the outcome can be the same. The wrong person elected based on votes or should we say fewer votes. Fraud is still fraud. let's be fair about this. Call it what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections