Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 02:54 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,525,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No he wasn't. I lived in District 9 before it was redrawn and Pittenger did some really good things for this constituents including getting the idiotic FAA to reverse some of the changes it made that increased airplane noise over significant parts of Western & Northern Mecklenburg by CLT.

But if you have some real reason for saying that he didn't carry his district's concerns to DC, which is what they are supposed to do, then please give specific examples. Sounds like you are simply projecting your own issues onto something you know little about.

McCready is a lobbyist. He dances all around that this IS how he earns an income. He's nothing but a place holder because that seat won't say in his hands should he gain it. Someone of McCrory's caliber would easily take D9 from him, but this is too small potatoes for McCrory these days.

Pittenger's last newsletter to me was about abortion and I strongly disagree with him on his 19th century point of view. His votes on health care and the Consumer Protection Agency are another problem. Good Riddence! His time has come and gone as well as Rev Markie "I Have Sinned" Harris. Never seeing them on the boob tube again will keep me from muttering "Geesus Effin Kryst" and keep my blood pressure down as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 04:23 PM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am aware of that but we don't know the entire story and my point was simply what about NM? Has anyone said anything about that or the possibility of fraud there? Nope, let's only look at one side!! I am wiling to bet there is a lot more behind a lot of elections than we the public knows. That being said we probably have the best and most system in the world.
Could it possibly be because there was actual evidence in this particular case?? Has there been actual evidence released in NM?

Here we had a Board of Elections not comfortable with what they saw so they refused to certify the result and looked into it further. Evidence of Absentee ballot tampering was put forth. Those who worked for the campaign stated what they did. The candidates son (who is a state Attorney) testified he advised his father about his concerns regarding what transpired. The candidate even testified in court that after seeing the Testimony and what transpired he believed there should be a new election called.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but I probably spend more time paying attention to what is going on than you or most other than maybe smash and a few others on here. The one thing I am willing to bet is you only read and listen to one side of the news. I try to pay attention to both.
So what is it about Harris using a known felon to collect ballots that has more than one side?

His own son testified that he told him that ballot collecting was against the law and advised against it.

Harris then made a down payment for the guy to harvest ballots.

There is no 'two sides" if you listened to the sworn testimony.

Deflect all you want.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:32 PM

25,867 posts, read 20,807,150 times
Quote:
I am aware of that but we don't know the entire story and my point was simply what about NM? Has anyone said anything about that or the possibility of fraud there? Nope, let's only look at one side!! I am wiling to bet there is a lot more behind a lot of elections than we the public knows. That being said we probably have the best and most system in the world.
Why would anyone say anything about NM in a thread about NC?

If you have information about possible voter fraud in NM, why not start a new thread so that it can be discussed?

Old 02-25-2019, 06:21 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Well either way the outcome can be the same. The wrong person elected based on votes or should we say fewer votes. Fraud is still fraud. let's be fair about this. Call it what you want.
No fraud has been proven. Doesn't matter how many times you try to spin it as otherwise.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:26 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,869,457 times
Quote:
No fraud has been proven. Doesn't matter how many times you try to spin it as otherwise.
You do understand that an actual criminal case is being readied, don't you? There's been mention of it on the local news, repeatedly.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

Here we had a Board of Elections not comfortable with what they saw so they refused to certify the result and looked into it further......
No they didn't. The chair of the NCBOE immediately resigned, and then the board was disbanded after wasting two months and finding nothing. It was unconstitutionally set up as ruled by the courts. This brought to us by the Democrat governor.

We now have a new BOE which has done nothing but take statements and then call for a new election. Take the partisanship out of it, and there is a lot fishy going on on both sides. But ......

No matter it's over. Nobody convicted of fraud. The "GOP is Bad" argument is a dead meme. You guys go find another "I hate everything" drum to go bang.

There is going to be a new election for that seat, primary included. And we don't know who will be holding it until the election is over. At this point it won't make a damn bit of difference in the US House as everyone is voting in lockstep with their party so, my guess, the money won't be pouring in, from the outside, for the Democrat this time.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
You do understand that an actual criminal case is being readied, don't you? There's been mention of it on the local news, repeatedly.
I do. Who is accused and have they been convicted?

I thought so.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:46 PM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Quote:
No they didn't. The chair of the NCBOE immediately resigned, and then the board was disbanded after wasting two months and finding nothing. It was unconstitutionally set up as ruled by the courts. This brought to us by the Democrat governor.

We now have a new BOE which has done nothing but take statements and then call for a new election. Take the partisanship out of it, and there is a lot fishy going on on both sides. But ......

No matter it's over. Nobody convicted of fraud. The "GOP is Bad" argument is a dead meme. You guys go find another "I hate everything" drum to go bang.

There is going to be a new election for that seat, primary included. And we don't know who will be holding it until the election is over. At this point it won't make a damn bit of difference in the US House as everyone is voting in lockstep with their party so, my guess, the money won't be pouring in, from the outside, for the Democrat this time.
Actually no Waldo. The board voted unanimously not to certify the results. It was after the board voted unanimously not to certify the results that the head of the BOE resigned. The board was then disbanded and a new board was put into place. The hearing was delayed and when the hearing was heard several GOP operatives who worked on the campaign admitted what they did and testified under oath. There is no both sides or two sides or any of that in this particular case. A new Election has been called and will take place. The potential legal ramifications for Dowless remain uncertain, but are a possibility.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:51 PM

15,783 posts, read 9,647,221 times
Quote:
He just announced he IS NOT running...
If you'll note the post I made three hours before this one by you that I am quoting, I admitted I was wrong. Not everyone does that.

But thanks for pointing it out.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections