Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Pence will be the VP on the Trump ticket in 2020?
Yes 21 70.00%
No. (Tell us who in the comments!) 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 05:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,573,580 times

Advertisements

An article was written that Trump was thinking about possibly replacing Pence. As in - he's not bringing anything to the ticket. The evangelicals are now firmly in Trump's corner and Pence is no longer needed to bring them aboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 09:17 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,835,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
One of the prison guards would be my guess.
Keep dreaming! You guys were wishing for impeachment for Bush all those years because you were bitter about Clinton getting impeached. Now you are bitter about Hillary getting prison threats, so you want to turn it around on Trump.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,789,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why not Pence? He has done a fine job so far. Is he under investigation for anything? If Trump were to be impeached and forced to step down Pence would step up and I'm sure the Dems would start digging up something to discredit him and smear him as a horrible hater but until then...
The only negative (in the possibly criminal sense) thing I know about him is that he recommended that Trump hire Flynn. Not a target, AFAIK. And frankly, I'd be surprised if he was. I doubt that anyone thinks he's all that important in the scheme of things.

Not sure what you mean by "fine job" as he doesn't seem to do much besides perform as the inside track for the religious right.

Quote:
Why would Pence step aside and for what?
Did you see the Trump/Shumer/Pelosi meeting? Did that look like a a man who is glad to be "in the room"? Does he ever look like he enjoys Trump's company? I could see him deciding he'd rather spend more time with his family - and actually mean it.

Quote:
Would he run again to be a Governor or maybe a Representative?
Who knows? If he did decide he didn't want to be VP anymore, he would have plenty of employment options, not just running for office.

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that Ivanka is keeping her distance from politics? She was probably tired of being bashed by the Lefty media and getting accosted by their brain washed followers or maybe she stepped away to someday return for a stab at politics but then again she is pretty, intelligent, a mom to a young family and rich so why would she ever come back to DC after seeing what the Left has done to her Dad.
Who knows? Can't say I worry about her much, one way or the other.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:23 PM

32,128 posts, read 15,124,298 times
Quote:
Why not Pence? He has done a fine job so far. Is he under investigation for anything? If Trump were to be impeached and forced to step down Pence would step up and I'm sure the Dems would start digging up something to discredit him and smear him as a horrible hater but until then...

Why would Pence step aside and for what? Would he run again to be a Governor or maybe a Representative?

Has anyone noticed that Ivanka is keeping her distance from politics? She was probably tired of being bashed by the Lefty media and getting accosted by their brain washed followers or maybe she stepped away to someday return for a stab at politics but then again she is pretty, intelligent, a mom to a young family and rich so why would she ever come back to DC after seeing what the Left has done to her Dad.
Ivanka needs to keep her distance from politics because she knows nothing about it, just like her father.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,129,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
So, do you think Pence will be on the ticket with Trump? If not, then who do you think will replace him?

I'm very curious about what people think. Who are the up and comers in the Republican party to keep an eye on?
Nobody because Trump will be forced out. Why would the GOP want a disgraced Trump as their party leader? I predict that in the coming months, The GOP will have to decide to tie themselves to an incompetent orange buffoon and lose the Senate too, or get rid of him to save themselves. It's a no-brainer, they will choose themselves over Trump.

We may well have Mitt Romney or Jeff Flake representing the GOP.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:37 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,364,565 times
Same as in 2016: Trump/Putin (or maybe more accurately I should say: Putin/Trump).

Ken

Old 12-16-2018, 09:44 PM

512 posts, read 476,362 times
Scott Walker.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,115,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The only negative (in the possibly criminal sense) thing I know about him is that he recommended that Trump hire Flynn. Not a target, AFAIK. And frankly, I'd be surprised if he was. I doubt that anyone thinks he's all that important in the scheme of things.

Not sure what you mean by "fine job" as he doesn't seem to do much besides perform as the inside track for the religious right.

Did you see the Trump/Shumer/Pelosi meeting? Did that look like a a man who is glad to be "in the room"? Does he ever look like he enjoys Trump's company? I could see him deciding he'd rather spend more time with his family - and actually mean it.

Who knows? If he did decide he didn't want to be VP anymore, he would have plenty of employment options, not just running for office.

Who knows? Can't say I worry about her much, one way or the other.

Libs seem to know exactly how a person is feeling and what they will do. They’ve been good at predicting since 2915

Old 12-17-2018, 10:51 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,743,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Those are two very different questions. Yes, I believe most people think Pence will be on the ticket in 2020 as there is no compelling reason for him not to be.

As to up and comers in the GOP, a look at the primary candidates in 2016 will give you an idea.

The same cannot be said about the Democrats, as I think it is going to be a food fight for the nomination in 2020.

`

For now that's the assumption, but as another poster stated there were rumblings of Trump considering an alternative to Pence for the 2020 ticket. The man likes to win, and if he feels Pence is a loser he'll dump him.

I think at this point, he has voters' loyalty independent of Pence. I could easily see him selecting a more dynamic VP candidate that could potentially motivate not only greater turnout of Republican voters, but also expand his base a little and garner additional votes from certain demographics that he might not otherwise. Having Pence on his ticket doesn't really add anything in my mind for 2020.

Last edited by Valhallian; 12-17-2018 at 11:35 AM..

Old 12-17-2018, 10:59 AM

17,732 posts, read 6,977,253 times
It doesn't really matter to me. I can't imagine voting for any of the Democrats who have been suggested. They are all terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections