Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 04:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,381,674 times

Advertisements

Dems will nominate a candidate who will make “Don the Con” look like the fool that he is. So looking forward to seeing Trumpkins squirm. He’s “home alone” while his wife is out dancing (and who knows what else) with some handsome guy at Mar-a-Largo. Enough to make Trump’s (fake) hair curl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 04:57 PM

To answer the OP’s question: Of course Bernie supporters don’t like Beto. He makes Bernie look like the absent minded professor and some mad scientist.

But Beto won’t need Bernie’s supporters. Beto will get Independent voters, and lots of Repubs who HATE Trump will vote for Beto (or any other decent Dem candidate).

Last edited by staywarm2; 01-01-2019 at 05:14 PM..

Old 01-01-2019, 05:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
i.e "I know what you said is true, I'm mad as hell you said it, but I don't have any way to address it except to attack the messenger".
Lol. You wish.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:02 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,442,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
To answer the OP’s question: Of course Bernie supporters don’t like Beto. He makes Bernie look like the absent minded professor and some mad scientist.

But Beto won’t need Bernie’s supporters. Beto will get Independent voters, and lots of Repubs who HATE Trump will vote for Beto (or any other decent Dem candidate).
Give it up, Bernie is more popular than Beto.

Beto is a desperate attempt from establishment democrats like yourself from saving the image of Obama and the Party elite.

I don't know if Beto will win, but his existence does not disregard actual left wing politicians.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Give it up, Bernie is more popular than Beto.

Beto is a desperate attempt from establishment democrats like yourself from saving the image of Obama and the Party elite.

I don't know if Beto will win, but his existence does not disregard actual left wing politicians.
Bernie is more well known than Beto, especially among the far left. If the Dems provide a good center left candidate, they have a real chance to beat Trump. But it won’t be Bernie.

Actually, I’d like Mitt Romney to challenge Trump in the Repub Primary. Mitt is a reasonable, smart man.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:55 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,442,704 times
Quote:
Bernie is more well known than Beto, especially among the far left. If the Dems provide a good center left candidate, they have a real chance to beat Trump. But it won’t be Bernie.

Actually, I’d like Mitt Romney to challenge Trump in the Repub Primary. Mitt is a reasonable, smart man.
Oh COME ON!

What is reasonable about him, his faith in corporate banking, or his loyalty to hedge fund managers?

Why do you pretend to be even remotely left?

Old 01-02-2019, 12:35 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Yeah. They guy who picked John Edwards as his running mate and who lost to the hapless community agitator. A race that could have been won just about by anyone else.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Beto turned out to be a fraud. Shock, that Bernie supporters don't like him.
Really? Could you post that evidence? The "fraud" part especially.

I have heard that there are Bernie supporters attempting to bash Beto, but so far it's mostly BS about him not being progressive enough.

Personally, I like him even more if he's not as progressive as Sanders or some of the others. Who wants a radical--we've already got one of those. We are going to want stability after the Trump chaos.

Beto is worrisome for a number of candidates in both parties, because he is so popular and raised so much money from grassroots. We did not know Bill Clinton would be the candidate until well into the primaries--so really--nobody knows what will happen. Predictions now for this election are nothing more than speculation and meaningless.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Hardline supporters of any candidate won't like anyone else, that just doesn't go for Bernie. The vast majority of a candidate's supporters will not automatically feel that way.

I donated $$ to Bernie's campaign and voted for him in the Primary. While he hasn't decided yet if he is running, nor have I decided who I favor in the Democratic Primary, Beto is certainly up there ad among my top choices

Old 01-02-2019, 12:50 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Beto is worrisome for a number of candidates in both parties, because he is so popular .....
So popular that he lost an election to lying Ted Cruz. And he spent 78% more money than the snake handling Canadian too. Real winner that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections