Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 08:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Pretty sure Bernie supporters dpn't like anyone but Bernie. Sure wish he'd bow out this time
Agree. He’s too old and too far left. Time for new blood. Beto could beat Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 08:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Dont be obtuse, we can disagree on whether the protections worked, that has nothing to do with what Biden voted for, because clearly i provided a Link that disproves that argument.

Again, the original bill had already passed, all Biden voted for was a provision that would provide consumer protections.
Turned out well didn't it?

Old 12-29-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why shouldn't I listen to her talk about her own party? I love it when Hillary Clinton speaks. Don't you? Who do you listen to?

King Hillary. Fascinating how democrats NOW get so bent out of shape, even outraged as we see, when her name comes up.
I'm not a (D). You were addressing me. I am not interested in your diversions or boogeymen.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:26 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Agree. He’s too old and too far left. Time for new blood. Beto could beat Trump.
What about him is far left?

Old 12-29-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
What about him is far left?

Free college, Medicare for all, absolve student debt.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
His college program was not free. What is wrong with seeing that those who need to see a doctor can afford to do so? Don't you think it's sad that we would consider the idea of people being able to see a doctor when they get sick as "far left".

I don't recall what he said about student debt but it we can forgive the debt of the banks and GM why not students?

Old 12-29-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Free college tuition was something the US used to have and something that has existed for hundreds of years.

Medicare for all is something every developed country has.

Absolving all debt ever 19 years was Thomas Jefferson’s plan. Was he radical?

Your overton window is far right.

Edit: also student debt is losing us money while weighing on the economy, it’s fiscally responsible thing to do.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
His college program was not free. What is wrong with seeing that those who need to see a doctor can afford to do so? Don't you think it's sad that we would consider the idea of people being able to see a doctor when they get sick as "far left".

I don't recall what he said about student debt but it we can forgive the debt of the banks and GM why not students?
GM paid that loan back in full, plus Obama saved the auto industry and thousands of jobs with that loan. Many student loans are in arrears. Why?

Free medical care would be wonderful, but we need to pay down the National Debt before we start any more social programs. My children and grandchildren will be saddled with this enormous debt. Trump’s tax break for corporations lost $92 billion in taxes that would have been paid into the treasury. Enough, already.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Free college tuition was something the US used to have and something that has existed for hundreds of years.
Baloney. Even high school was not free in the old days. It cost to go to high school a hundred years ago. The oldest child was paid for, but after that, the family couldn’t afford to send the rest.

Give me a link for free college tuition in the US FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS! Never heard of that!

Old 12-29-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
GM paid that loan back in full, plus Obama saved the auto industry and thousands of jobs with that loan. Many student loans are in arrears. Why?

Free medical care would be wonderful, but we need to pay down the National Debt before we start any more social programs. My children and grandchildren will be saddled with this enormous debt. Trump’s tax break for corporations lost $92 billion in taxes that would have been paid into the treasury. Enough, already.
Enough yourself.

Student debt and for profit healthcare is rising our debt and costing our country more. You don’t want to look at the facts because far right beliefs are ingrained in Main Stream ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections