Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Wins In 2020
O'Rourke/Harris or Harris/O'Rourke 27 32.14%
Trump/Pence? 48 57.14%
Another Democrat 9 10.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 06:21 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,144,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
The far left wanted a white man (Bernie) as the head of the ticket in 2016, but the party bosses didn't want that to happen. I don't think it changes much this time around.
The far left may have wanted Bernie, but they usually vote Green. They are not astute enough to know that the Greens are supported in their efforts by people like Karl Rove. And have been for years. Nothing is as good in a tight race as skimming off a couple percentage points to give the win to your guy.

Bernie is not now, nor has he ever been a Democrat. Should he run again, do it honestly, as a what he himself calls himself. He wanted the structure of the Democratic party for ballot access.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,326,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Seriously? Trump/Pence no question whatsoever.
To even entertain the idea that any democrat has a chance is utterly delusional.
Don't get overconfident! Trump might not run again, and even with Hillary in '16, the dems did win the popular vote by 2% as much as I don't like to admit it. Two years is a long time - let's see where things stand in the summer of 2020. And virtually every democrat hates Trump...the D candidate will get virtually every vote from their own party. That leaves independents like me, and turnout -- to decide the election.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:57 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,183,052 times
Trump has been shedding independents like no tomorrow. Indies will choose Harris/Beto by a 2-to-1 margin.

Harris is very electable because she: 1) is a centrist, and 2) she was a tough prosecutor and can run on a "tough but fair on crime" platform. She has a calm, serious, level-headed demeanor in contrast to the childish Trump.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:22 AM

29,611 posts, read 16,602,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
This is Texas. Flippable voters are few and far between. New voters , yeah

Staff is contract labor., no benefits on a seasonal job.

Those high dollar consultants get a base pay and a percentage of the funds raised. Then another spiff when they place the ads.

The two paid people who worked out of my house used their personal cell phones and my internet. So did the volunteers who called, their cells my internet. I know of one office in my area. It was a vacant space in a lawyers office, so it cost nothing.

Those Sanders data people he hired probably got big bucks. but nothing close to all the millions raised. They probably came with all the Sanders data they collected. And he had data from Indivisible.
Your arguments are all anecdotal, you are basing your arguments on what you have seen rather than what is actually true.

Many large campaigns do indeed have benefits. There are offices that pay rent and yes, have their own internet, and yes, there is a flat rate for use of some of those services for data, but it isnt cheap and your assumption is that it is, you also assume they only use one, they dont.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:21 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,704,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Polling cost does not change based on wow likely you are to win.

To be clear, I should say surveying, not polling. It cost money to get voter data, to know who to target who is a "flippable" voters.

Believe it or not, polling companies will ask you questions through out the year that you dont see as "political" and use that data to create a voter profile. Things like what foods you eat, what churches you go to, what kind of technology you use, Where you shop, so on and so forth.

70 million on Staff(Pay, health insurance), rent, electricity, internet service for each office, Phones and phone services for staff, food, TV commercials, internet ads, direct mailing, Campaign Swag, It also seems he donated atleast 5 million back to the Democratic Party both the state and national.

O'Rourke spent 78% more than Ted Cruz to run an election in the same state. All those items, that you list should have cost both campaigns the same.

That difference suggests that O'Rourke's campaign was extremely irresponsible with how they spent the money and/or didn't know what they were doing.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump has been shedding independents like no tomorrow. ....
There's no evidence of this. In fact, just the opposite. Everywhere he went, venues were filled beyond capacity.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:16 PM

3,338 posts, read 1,970,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Don't get overconfident! Trump might not run again, and even with Hillary in '16, the dems did win the popular vote by 2% as much as I don't like to admit it. Two years is a long time - let's see where things stand in the summer of 2020. And virtually every democrat hates Trump...the D candidate will get virtually every vote from their own party. That leaves independents like me, and turnout -- to decide the election.
You could be right considering that the democrats will probably cheat just like they did in the mid-terms.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:28 PM

1,733 posts, read 950,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump has been shedding independents like no tomorrow. Indies will choose Harris/Beto by a 2-to-1 margin.

Harris is very electable because she: 1) is a centrist, and 2) she was a tough prosecutor and can run on a "tough but fair on crime" platform. She has a calm, serious, level-headed demeanor in contrast to the childish Trump.

She blew her chances with the Kavanaugh hearings. Booker as well.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:00 PM

20,884 posts, read 9,589,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
BTW, no question that Trump/Pence will be nominated. So don't even go there.
Yes, there is a question whether Trump/Pence will make it that far, whether you want that question to exist or not.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yes, there is a question whether Trump/Pence will make it that far, whether you want that question to exist or not.
Start a topic on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections